Bitcoin Unlimited Membership -- Join us

Nov 27, 2015
Hi, I would like to apply for membership. I'm the creative director at Stash and have participated in the GCBU thread for a few years. My twitter handle is @JonathanVaage. I was happy to meet several Bitcoin Unlimited members this year in Tokyo and would be honored to join this esteemed organization.

My signing key: 1581sovLFohMPPaxYG5gYLLGjmnemagc21

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Drawing a line here for new membership applications which will be considered in the forthcoming vote.
Further applications are welcome but will be part of the next vote, July 2018.

Applications which will be included in BUIP090 for vote in May are:

@sken
@micropresident
@Daniel Lipshitz
@Jonathan Vaage

Pending are:

@root (seconder & pubkey required)
@InTheRed (seconder & pubkey required)
@Ceci Making $ & Bits (seconder & pubkey required)
@ITA000 (seconder & pubkey required)

@DeftNerd (pubkey required)
@reina (pubkey required)

I don't know enough about @root, @InTheRed, @Ceci Making $ & Bits or @ITA000 to be a seconder. So, we need their seconders ahead of the vote, as well as a BTC/BCH address for voting.

@DeftNerd @reina Can you please supply a legacy Bitcoin address which you can use for signing votes and messages?

The BU voting system uses legacy addresses at present, however, we will look at upgrading to also support CashAddr.

Prospective members, please note some useful information here which also applies for the upcoming vote.

edit: pub key received from reina

Last edited:
Reactions: Windowly and reina

todu

Feb 3, 2017
Sweden
Hi, I would like to apply for membership. I'm the creative director at Stash and have participated in the GCBU thread for a few years. My twitter handle is @JonathanVaage. I was happy to meet several Bitcoin Unlimited members this year in Tokyo and would be honored to join this esteemed organization.

My signing key: 1581sovLFohMPPaxYG5gYLLGjmnemagc21
Can you prove that you control the @JonathanVaage Twitter account and then edit your comment to include your proof? A simple tweet linking to your membership application comment would be enough as proof to me at least.

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
Reactions: Windowly and todu

todu

Feb 3, 2017
Sweden
Thanks @torusJKL. I don't know who @Mengerian is probably because I don't read this forum much. (I read mostly Reddit and Twitter.) So I'm going to vote no to @Jonathan Vaage if he does not edit his comment adding a public proof of controlling his Twitter account that he linked. If he edits his post then I'll vote yes for his membership application.

Reactions: torusJKL

imaginary_username

Aug 19, 2015
Hello! I would like to apply for BU membership. I have been interested in Bitcoin since late 2013 and became more active in 2014, when I started trading coins on the street via Mycelium as well as got interested in the protocol debates.

I sign with qrye0g0t2x0u7qkmfe3v0kedtjdhk8d2hvu9kx54ga aka 1KNvUAmquf9v2BgyrTsLjE8GdKwu1PaJed

"I am imaginary_username on bitco.in 20180510"

II73ZTVldAlLLvHfVSKvmruCy7QSGiWKJtiKlOQBm/KvYDhb62u8jwE0PMIw8P1QlLQ9n8IAIYKX2quYIsrYBB8=

Twitter: @im_uname (see signature on profile)
Reddit: /u/imaginary_username, can DM a member if needed to prove identity.
BCF discord: @im_uname #4406, can message a member if needed.
Yours.org: https://www.yours.org/@im_uname
memo: qrg7zy366dtu57xqj4fy9juvtqv2znrdm5huc6uzzw

Last edited:

Shaun Chong

May 11, 2018
Tokyo, Japan
Hi,

I would like to become a Bitcoin Unlimited member. Many of you probably already know me. For those who don't, here's my introduction.

I'm Shaun Chong, Lead Developer of Bitcoin.com Pool.

I've been an avid Bitcoiner since 2011, and was GPU mining in my high school boarding house and university dorms.

I witnessed the big block drama from the start and wanted to see big blocks win. That led me to join Bitcoin.com to develop Bitcoin.com Pool with Emil Oldenburg (CTO of Bitcoin.com). We were the first pool to run Bitcoin Unlimited and promote big blocks. Today, Bitcoin.com Pool is among the top 3 biggest Bitcoin Cash mining pools and has at least 10% of the network hashrate on most days.

Bitcoin Cash is the Bitcoin I signed up for in 2011, and I want to see the vision of peer-to-peer electronic cash stay alive.

Edit: Added my signing address:
1BZTJSoLVgwwKrKpV6DGyDQeUUGw5wthuu

Last edited:

OpenMind

Apr 13, 2018
Here's my introduction.

I have been following Bitcoin intensely since 2012. I love the idea that this value exchange vehicle, will change the way we value each other.

I want to be a member of BU because I feel I can contribute, however this is never about me, so I choose to be anonymous.

I have an open mind. What more are you looking for in a member?

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Welcome @OpenMind
You make a good first impression. BU members guide the direction of the org, so we ask that they vote a few times a year. Being more active in outreach or development is always a bonus and appreciated.
We need a BCH/BTC address as a public key for signed voting.
Providing inks to previous on-line writings about Bitcoin, crypto or related areas will make election more likely. Next vote is probably in late-June.
Info about BU: https://www.bitcoinunlimited.info/about/organization

@Shaun Chong Excellent to see your application here!

OpenMind

Apr 13, 2018
Thank you Solex,

Any online writings I have are done under different name(s), so how I interact with BU will need to be the same way. I am interested in seeing Bitcoin Cash succeed with the help of all of the developers. As BU is the second most active and now has members of ABC it seems to make sense to support thier work by becoming a member here as well as donating time and resources to the work they are doing.

Are there non-technical tasks that need to be done here in BU as well?

Does the BU website text need to be updated?

Even if I don't make the grade in the election process, it seems this is a critical time for Bitcoin Cash and all that can now be done with OpCodes and a 32 MB limit.

As always, OpenMind.

Last edited:

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Drawing a line here for new membership applications which will be considered in the forthcoming vote.
Further applications are welcome but will be part of the next vote, approx end-September 2018.

Applications which will be included in BUIP097 for vote in May are:

@imaginary_username
@Shaun Chong

Pending is:

@OpenMind (seconder & pubkey required)

I don't know enough about @OpenMind to be a seconder. So, we need a seconder ahead of the vote, as well as a BTC/BCH address for voting.
@OpenMind Can you please supply a legacy Bitcoin address which you can use for signing votes and messages?

@torusJKL has seconded imaginary_username
I am seconding Shaun Chong

The BU voting system uses legacy addresses at present, however, we will look at upgrading to also support CashAddr.

Prospective members, please note some useful information here which also applies for the upcoming vote.

OpenMind

Apr 13, 2018
I appreciate being tagged to return to this thread.

Like many others, I watch and occasionally comment. Who I am is not important. What I stand for is.

I mined in 2013 and have stayed in touch with many of the early coders. Today I live a simple life and look forward to Bitcoin Cash flourishing.

BCH is Bitcoin. My legacy address is 1FagGBX4657vQ9w2f8fCLXyDdLNWQ71a9T

OpenMind

Reactions: solex

mkomaransky

Aug 22, 2018
Miami, FL
Hi, I'm Mike Komaransky

Twitter: @mkomaransky
Reddit: /u/mpkomara
memo: @mkomaransky
BU Slack: mike.komaransky

I started Cumberland MIning, now I run Grapefruit Trading, an OTC trading operation. I have dedicated my life to bitcoin since discovering it in May, 2010. I believe in adopting a scientific-based approach to changes to the Bitcoin protocol. Absent the proof or evidence which points to the benefits of arbitrarily capping the blocksize, I await (but do not expect) any refutation of Rizun's paper on the Fee Market, and am a supporter of BCH. I am a large donor of the BCF (now BCA) to help spread adoption. I am an investor in yours.org. I try to help Ledger Journal with peer review. Please consider this my request to be a member of Bitcoin Unlimited.

"August 22, 2018

For the Bitcoin Unlimited team, please use this as proof of my ownership of the address 1BaZbcPGhRR96j8g6LXUDjuuDtywAutm4F.

Mike Komaransky"

H6aR+AV7ZnE9SdyezcR7SN/ziHMdM2xcjOMKONi1BgiiJMA7Pt8SG4wcMbizx4MQC6FckHum3L5nmOwh/L7hVxc=