Bitcoin Unlimited Membership -- Join us

root

Jan 27, 2016
Hi,

I would like to become a voting member because I believe that Bitcoin should be a global peer-to-peer electronic cash system as outlined in Satoshi's whitepaper. Becoming a voting member would help me defend that goal where some weaker minds might cave in due to conflicts of interest.

I've donated hardware towards helping the Gigabit block testing (midwest node/generator) and plan to help any way I can in the future.

It would be my honor to be admitted @theZerg.

@Peter R can vouch for my sincerity.

Best,
root

InTheRed

Dec 21, 2017
@theZerg Here is my application. I am a dev, and have been coding since 2004 using c# .net while in college in my engineering studies and have become able to use pretty much any programming language since that time. As far as experience I am mostly experienced with c#, python, R, c, c++.

I have only recently come to realize the critical difference between the current BTC and BCH philosphy and align with BCH's open source and censorship resistant values.

The BTC mempool appears to be snowballing and is like watching a freight train wreck in slow motion which might take weeks, months, or a year to unfold. It's very sad, but the market will match reality in the long term.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help. I might have time to look at or contribute to code or perhaps some other way of assistance.

Reactions: freetrader

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Hi @root, @InTheRed
Good to see your applications to join BU and welcome to the forum.

To advance your applications, can you paste some links of your online writings about Bitcoin, cryptocurrency, or other associated areas? This will help gain the support of a seconder, and then membership voting support later.
Also, a BTC address is needed for signing votes.
The BU Articles are here.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Welcome in @InTheRed and @root

@InTheRed you can partake in development process without being a member, if you have needed skills I believe there are some paid projects too. Members are not generally involved in coding.

If you don't have any history in bitcoin it may be more practical to get to know some of the developers and work with them to build a reputation.

Jan 7, 2018
Greetings of Peace,

I would love to join. I have been waiting for this opportunity for some time. I have great ideas of how to use bitcoin to empower, connect, unify, and bring equality to wealth. I also would love to integrate bitcoin and crypto-currency to the social, economic, and non-profit sector.

I also want to network with like minded people who think outside the box. Somehow, I think I woke up Friday, in the thought I understood bitcoin very well. I want to see if I'm right!

Thank you for the time and consideration.

Ceci

@theZerg

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Hi @Ceci Making $ & Bits
Welcome to the forum. it is also good to see your application to join BU.

To advance your application, can you paste some links of your online writings about Bitcoin, cryptocurrency, or other associated areas? This will help gain the support of a seconder, and then membership voting support later.
Also, a BTC address is needed for signing votes.
The BU Articles are here.

ITA000

Jan 21, 2018
Would love to join. I am a CPA, CA from Canada with education in finance & accounting, and work experience in Canadian income tax. Currently working for a top-tier tax consultancy, and operating & writing content for www.canadian.tax with a focus on taxation of cryptocurrency in Canada.

I have experience in project costing & accounting, and complex financial modelling and would love to leverage my competencies to help the project grow. My linkedin (www.linkedin.com/in/t9yc2k) has additional details on my background.

Looking forward to hearing back on how I can contribute!

Thanks

TK

@theZerg.

DeftNerd

May 14, 2017
Ithaca, NY
deftnerd.com
I vaguely recall trying to join BU previously, but I can't remember the method or results. I think it was prior to this thread and it involved a Github repo and I missed some kind of vote?

Regardless, I would like to apply for membership again.

I've built businesses around Bitcoin before but had to abandon them due to escalating transaction fees and hobbling of 0-confirmation. I'm in the midst of building and launching several businesses based around Bitcoin Cash and I'm excited for the future once again.

I enjoy the wide variety of Bitcoin Cash implementations, but increasingly troubled by the fact that a single implementation has near universal focus.

I like and appreciate all the work you've done and the proposals you've made. Over the last few years, you've displayed an unwavering belief in the Bitcoin (cash) blockchain and resilience in the face of tremendous trolling, personal attack, and doubt.

I'm 'deftnerd' on just about all platforms (except facebook which I closed because it was getting too creepy)

https://reddit.com/u/deftnerd
https://linkedin.com/in/deftnerd
https://deftnerd.com
https://techendeavors.com
https://www.yours.org/@deftnerd/
https://twitter.com/deftnerd
https://github.com/deftnerd

reina

Mar 10, 2018
HI!

I would love to join BU confederation as a member!

I agree with the tenets as described here:
https://www.bitcoinunlimited.info/resources/BUarticles.pdf

I am a game and interaction designer by day, and strong advocate of Bitcoin (as BCH Bitcoin Cash) by night :). I write as @mindstatex on Twitter, and @reinanakamoto on Yours.org, on the mission to understand and explain the ecosystem of Bitcoin in terms of both economics and function, so that new users to the community can have a grasp of the ideals of Bitcoin.

To open up the space for people to understand and use Bitcoin as what it should be - global money that is not controlled by a govt or institution, but rather a money bound by a known and fixed supply, and schedule of creation.

For all participants to be inside the same money rules as everyone else, rather than under the rules of federal reserves or institutions that print money out of thin air at whim, for their own profit and power, while diluting the wealth of others.

For humanity to have an non-corruptible unit of trade.

And fighting Core trolls and Core-cultism, by defending the basic principles proposed in the whitepaper, and the principles that Bitcoin cannot be censored by one group of developers, or even shadow entities outside Bitcoin that want to harm it. That it remains "permissionless, uncensorable, trustless, and uninflatable, precisely because the software is not, and should not be, controlled by any single governance entity" (Bitcoin Unlimited: Articles of Federation).

I hope I can join the BU confederation.
I am mostly active on Twitter at the moment, but I plan to write more articles on Yours.org and possibly help on developing the user flows for that platform :)

Cheers,
Reina
https://twitter.com/mindstatex
https://www.yours.org/@reinanakamoto

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Hi @ITA000, @DeftNerd, @reina,

Good to see you here. The next voting session for new BU members will begin at the end of March.
New member applications require a seconder, and I am happy to second yours.

Reactions: Windowly

sken

Nov 22, 2017
Hi, this sken im a developer and twitter troll

i follow what the devs on BU are doing and im interested in following it from a closer distance. I dont know what it takes to be a member but im interested in it. I would also like to be in the slack

17whfha8RgFhdbaxmByGRzsRBxTYS3M8y4

Thanks!

Last edited:

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Hi @sken
We can certainly put you forward for vote to join the BU membership. Can you update your post with a Bitcoin legacy address which can be used for signing messages long-term?
Please DM me your email for slack access.

Reactions: AdrianX

micropresident

Feb 7, 2018
Hello,

I've been working on Bitcoin Cash development for awhile now. I'd like to join BU. I want to see a world where there's enough block space for every man, woman, and child, to have access to 50tx/day. Also, while it is difficult, I believe the future of Bitcoin governance is in N-version programming and a well-specified protocol. Additionally, I want to see more businesses participating in Bitcoin Cash development so that we can better serve their needs.

My signing address is bitcoincash:qzanr69ktgm6vgwlvy3zzcaus82573e8tgzczynyr6

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Great to have you application @micropresident. I can vouch for your credentials and second it.
Our voting system still uses legacy addresses for the time being, so I will record yours as 1J4o9cXz2ybPsgXQf1H4GrKAdfuLLxUbnY

Reactions: AdrianX

Daniel Lipshitz

Apr 4, 2018
HI - I am applying to be a member of BU as I am passionate about Bitcoin Cash and interested in being apart of one of the development teams focused on Bitcoin Cash.

I think non government controlled, non inflationary money will be powerful social tool enabling and advancing economic freedom. I think Bitcoin Cash has potential to bring that project to our world.

I have been aware of Bitcoin since 2013 and actively developing a service since 2015 www.gap600.com we guarantee zero confirmed bitcoin transactions for bitcoin service providers - eg payment processors, exchanges and gambling platforms. We have been in production since august 2016 and currently process around 200k bitcoin trxs per month. We will be launching bitcoin cash support in the near future we are in the process of implementing.

My twitter handle is @daniellipshitz

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Also, good to have your application @Daniel Lipshitz . I am seconding it.
Our voting system requires BTC/BCH legacy addresses. Can you update your post with an address for signing messages going forward?