Bitcoin Unlimited Membership -- Join us

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
hello. my bitcoin name is bitsko, and i am here applying to be a bitcoin unlimited member.

my technical skills are minimal, though I've started planning an education for myself to be more relevant in the space, primarily my efforts have been around social organization of pro-big blockers.

I host a slack chat, and most recently my actions have been geared toward creating a space there for work on projects surrounding bitcoin cash.

my reddit account can be seen at www.reddit.com/u/bitsko

my Twitter handle is @bitsko_xt . I had created that when I was providing light help one day to jtoomim surrounding bitcoin xt, of which I was a huge supporter.

I also sought to help freetrader as much as I was capable on testing the btcforks project.

1Bitsko32RrVBw4FxBRyM7x1bkbognCFFz

Last edited:

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Hi @bitsko
Good to see your membership application. The next vote will be during November.

Requirement for Seconding
From now on I will be asking for new applications to be a seconded by an existing BU member, before going into a new members BUIP.
I have read @bitsko's writings for a long time, and am happy to second his application.

JRTBX

Oct 12, 2017
I'm joining to help take the mining power back from the Corps. We are not logos and corporations, we are people, and decentralized electronic cash is the future. We must keep this tech protected, and in the hands of the people. We are the resistance. We are Anonymous.
Long live Satoshi.

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Hi @JRTBX,
Welcome to this forum!
To advance your application, can you paste some links of your online writings about Bitcoin, cryptocurrency, or other associated areas? This will help gain the support of a seconder, and then membership voting support later.
Also, a BTC address is needed for signing votes.
The BU Articles are here.

Reactions: Windowly

mouradkr

Oct 17, 2017
I´d like to become a member and my applications is that i have a slush pool account from 2014. Is that enough?

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
welcome @mouradkr it's not that we need more members it's that we need more members who partake in discussion. Please feel free to join in on topics you find interesting, you don't need to be an expert to be a member, but asking good questions is almost a prerequisite.

so please join in the chat until there is a new membership announcement.

singularity

Aug 17, 2016
Hi Guys.

My name is Singularity, and I would like to apply for BU membership. I should have got round to applying for this a while ago but never did.

I am the user www.reddit.com/u/singularity87 on reddit.

I have been a part of the bitcoin community since 2011. I was a moderator of r/btc. I also started the btcforks project, including the subreddit and slack. I have decided to go full time into cryptocurrency and software development, and I want to help progress Bitcoin Cash's agenda (or any version of bitcoin that follows Satoshi's vision and the bitcoin white paper). I have been writing articles about bitcoin that can be found HERE on yours.org.

I am currently working on an education project for bitcoin which will be announced at a later date. I am also working on getting the Bitcoin Cash community (especially miners and developers) to adopt the BFP process which can be found HERE.

I want to become a BU member so that I can participate in making Bitcoin the world's most dominant currency.

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Good to have your application @singularity. I am happy to second it. Can you supply a BTC address which will be used by you to sign votes (if successfully inducted)?

@mouradkr and @JRTBX
We really need some links of your online writings about Bitcoin, cryptocurrency, or other associated areas. This will help gain the support of a seconder, and then membership voting support later.
Also, a BTC address is needed for signing votes.

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
A BUIP will be prepared with the list of prospective members and this will be included with operational and development BUIPs for vote in about a month time. There will be notice before the event. Voting will be conducted on the BU website.

Reactions: freetrader

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
hello. i have tried to participate usefully in the discussion since BU was conceived. i am finally ready to apply for membership as i develop firmer opinions on BUIPs.

may i use a BCH address for signing messages?
13K3dA4fefCUTX6VsNysqmNKfsmR93jhyD

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
@79b79aa8
You need an existing BU member to second your application before you can be added on the list for the next vote.
If you know someone from BU please ask him to do so.

Griffith

Jun 5, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am Greg Griffith and i would like to apply for BU membership.

I have been a part of the bitcoin community since fall of 2013. I am a strong believer in on chain scaling and have been displeased with core ever since gavin was muscled out. I am a big advocate of the bitcoin cash initiative and am currently helping out with the gigabyte block testnet.

I wish to become a BU member so that i can further participate in helping to make Bitcoin become Bitcoin again

BCH address: 1Pcpj8sR5adRNMi8rZ1Zi7rg6GPqcmFHAz

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Drawing a line here for new membership applications which will be considered in the forthcoming vote.
Further applications are welcome but will be part of the next vote, January 2018.

The applications going forward on Dec 6 are:

@bitsko
@singularity
@79b79aa8
@Griffith

Pending are:

@JRTBX (seconder & pubkey required)
@mouradkr (seconder & pubkey required)

I am seconding @79b79aa8 due to his track record of public comment on crypto.
I am seconding @Griffith as for the same reason, and also because he is helping with the Gigablock Testnet initative.
I don't know enough about @JRTBX or @mouradkr to be a seconder. So, we need their seconders ahead of the vote, as well as a BTC/BCH address for voting.

Prospective members, please note some useful information here which also applies for the upcoming vote.

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
hello @torusJKL , thanks for your interest. i will make a self-descriptive post soon, as @solex has requested. but in answer to your question, the reality is that most of my posting is confined to this forum, and to BCT before that, where i joined in early 2013, with the same handle (actually, there it was 79b79aa8d5047da6d3XX). i had a couple of lurker accounts before that.

i post on reddit as u/DQX4joybN1y8s, but i am not very active, and don't confine that account to my bitcoin life.

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
adding some information about myself.

my academic background is in philosophy and mathematical logic.

i've been involved with bitcoin since the second half of 2012. it has been fascinating to follow the evolution of the space. nowhere have i encountered clearer, more sustained thinking about the implications of the ongoing technological, economic and social changes than among the BU community. for example, it has not yet been generally understood that the bitcoin cash fork is a demonstration of bitcoin's built-in market-driven governance mechanism. the realization of this fact, its concrete implementation, and its likely financial implications, were all at least partly worked out here. it has been a privilege.

my contribution to BU has simply consisted in participating critically in the evolving discussion. my hope is that the strength of the conversation motivates and gives clarity and focus to the developers and others in the front lines of moving this project forward. my reward have been sound investing decisions.

in addition to continuing to participate in the discussion, i plan to take on a bigger role in helping and educating newcomers, as others here have helped and educated me.

if pertinent, i would have no issue sharing IRL information over PM with BU officials.