Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Very cool, @Peter R !
I liked your presentation from Canada.

I'll introduce myself. I'm a 45 year old guy from Oslo, Norway. I learned very early to program computers (14 years old or something), but studied nuclear physics later at the University of Oslo. Worked the most of my life in media. Now I learn how the global economy actually works because of bitcoin. I organize Oslo Bitcoin Meetup, and you should come and visit us if you are in Norway.

I believe (but I don't know) that some of the Core developers have been compromised. Based on what they do (or don't do).

And I learned this year that the option of forking is a major strength of bitcoin. And the last weeks, I learned that even the forums can be forked.

I'll check out your thread ;)

Last edited:

Cconvert2G36

Aug 31, 2015

And again. I wish okcoin would release some info on why this is happening. Seeing mysterious spikes like this could only diminish their credibility with curious onlookers.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
It IS very weird, Cconvert. The volume on your graph is an extreme sell (green) volume at OK. It could be fake, it could be real. It's certainly a pump! But the price did not move at all! My impression of the global trading is that the manipulation is about keeping the price down. All I know, is that those very strong drinks are kicking in right now. Cheers mate!

Last edited:

Cconvert2G36

Aug 31, 2015
That's the problem Norway. It wasn't an extreme anything, just a wash basically, likely a tactic to trick dumb bots into doing something that could be arbed out for profit. Skål!

Reactions: Norway

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
@JayJuanGee

I usually avoid posting on low-volume forums due to lack of viewership. The reason I post here is that the so-far small viewership is both highly intelligent and highly influential (often from "behind the scenes," in well-placed little comments here and there on various forums that end up getting absorbed into the debate because of their incisiveness despite people forgetting the origin or maybe ending up thinking it was their idea all along...I call this "spilling memes" and find it a highly effective way to influence discussions over time).

I know that if I make a powerful post here, it will be seen, linked, referenced, or incorporated into the arguments of a good number of smart and persuasive people's future posting. It's therefore a high-leverage platform for shaping debate.

BCT has been hollowed out to the point where important points and posts get drowned in a see of noise. Even Roger's forum seems to be heading in that direction, though time will tell. Reddit has its moments, but is often unsuitable for long debates since new threads have to be started daily, not to mention the censorship and brigading.

Right now, this is the place to be. The only thing I feel is lacking is more intelligent and charitable small blockers to debate with. Of late this seems to be a rare combination among their camp: /u/waxwing is the only one I can think of right now, besides @Yoghurt114 who has argued admirably.

Inca

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
I think the Wall Observer is approaching critical mass.

A few more stragglers (minus the noise) from that toxic spec forum on btctalk and the migration is complete!

In other news, still holding, still adding and back over 240 on finex with bullish walls.

Ivanhoe

Aug 28, 2015
Amsterdam
+ the quality is already so much better.

Let's keep it this way. Remembers me of the days of the pre march 2013 hype cycle again.

ladoga

Sep 17, 2015
A few more stragglers (minus the noise) from that toxic spec forum on btctalk and the migration is complete!
ChartBuddy seems lonely: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.270920 :(
+ what happens to lambie and other trolls when everyone is gone?

There's something you could call a wall at 240 @ stamp. 900 BTC or 216 kUSD worth and the price is slowly creeping up towards it. Interesting to see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: soullyG

Peter R

Aug 28, 2015
Very cool, @Peter R !
I liked your presentation from Canada.

I'll introduce myself. I'm a 45 year old guy from Oslo, Norway. I learned very early to program computers (14 years old or something), but studied nuclear physics later at the University of Oslo. Worked the most of my life in media. Now I learn how the global economy actually works because of bitcoin. I organize Oslo Bitcoin Meetup, and you should come and visit us if you are in Norway.

I believe (but I don't know) that some of the Core developers have been compromised. Based on what they do (or don't do).

And I learned this year that the option of forking is a major strength of bitcoin. And the last weeks, I learned that even the forums can be forked.

I'll check out your thread ;)
Nice to meet you, Norway! I've always enjoyed your comments at BCT and I'm happy to see that you've joined us here.

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
@chmod755 that's great! Once every 3 hours might be an overkill for ChartBuddy in this thread though, since there's less noise here. I can reach out to the original author and see if he's open to porting the source here and allow us to tweak the frequency settings?

Georg Engelmann

Sep 10, 2015
Austria
bitcoincashstandards.org
We made it to 240 USD again.

Some upcoming events (possibly affecting the markets):
  • KnCMiner launches Bitcoin Tracker EUR (Euro denominated Bitcoin ETN) on Nasdaq Nordic
    Oct 5 2015, 9:00am UTC+1
  • OKCoin continues processing USD deposits and withdrawals (end of the holidays in China)
    Oct 8 2015

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Only Nordnet Bank AB trading with itself so far. I will be watching this during the day ;)