Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bagatell

Aug 28, 2015
from William (dev) coinigy trollbox

@Everyone we've got Gemini (Code: GMNI) data collection ready to go, once the exchange launches

Georg Engelmann

Sep 10, 2015
Austria
bitcoincashstandards.org

humanitee

Sep 7, 2015
So what do you guys think will happen?

1) Gemini + US Gov sale = 0
2) Gemini + US Gov sale = -
3) Gemini + US Gov sale = +

I think I'm a 1 but I'm not sure yet. I'm definitely not a 2.

Fatman3002

Sep 5, 2015
@humanitee

What? You crazy!

But I've spotted some problems myself.

Cause even though 1+2=3,

3-2=1 and 3-1=2.

And

3+2=5 and 3+1=4?!?!?!

Sorry guys, I guess we're back to square one.

Edit: ah! Norway solved it for us!

Fatman3002

Sep 5, 2015
@humanitee

I agree. There was both a dump attempt and a pump attempt, but they both failed.

I think speculators are waiting for some genuine selling or buying pressure.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Will we see a spike like when the Coinbase exchange launched 25.th of january?

JayJuanGee

Sep 29, 2015
Genuinely lol'd fatman

I'm really surprised by how tepid the markets have been with all the news.

Given the announcement of a November 5 auction of more than 44K BTC held by the Fed govt (previously Ross Ulbricht coins), could be possible that BTC markets are going to experience one more month of downward price pressures.

Surely, I would prefer to witness an upsurge in BTC prices before the Fed auction, yet it seems that each of the last three Fed auctions in the past 18 months had contributed towards either flat BTC prices or downward BTC price pressures, no?

Reactions: soullyG

humanitee

Sep 7, 2015
@JayJuanGee, yes I agree overall. I'm just surprised it hasn't moved one way or the other. The auction couldn't have been priced in (date wise, anyway) and Gemini should technically be priced in (though I doubt it is/was entirely). So you'd think it would have given one way or the other.

Something I've found interesting is the gap between Chinese exchanges and non-Chinese exchanges has been greater lately than in the past week. Last night it was as high as 6 dollars. The Chinese exchanges aren't really reacting to movement on other exchanges.

It's also been interesting to watch the volume churning happen on both Huobi and OkCoin, this leads me to believe it's not so much on the exchange side of things but rather some user churning volume on both exchanges. I don't trust them anyway, but it is important enough to note.

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
Is anyone else wondering why people who are very invested (in the money sense) in Bitcoin and its success are so quiet on the blocksize issue?

I have neither seen the Winklevii nor Barry Silbert commenting on the blocksize issue.

Are they simply believing the market will figure it out correctly? Are they uninformed(hard to believe)? What do others think?

humanitee

Sep 7, 2015
I think they're afraid to take a stance. Most payment processors (Coinbase, Bitpay, etc.) and exchanges have said "we want a bigger cap" but they haven't actually said which implementation they would favor, although Bitpay has explicitly stated BIP101.

I believe it's a combination of:
1) It's not immediately pressing so there is still a sliver of time left to debate the benefits of various implementations
2) They don't want to play favorites
3) They are hoping consensus is reached without their input
4) They know it's a very technical debate
5) They believe a better technical solution will be theorized

humanitee

Sep 7, 2015
Now we get to play the "does it look like that because everyone abandoned Bitfinex" or "does it look like that because there isn't any supply left at this level" or "does it look like that because shenanigans" game.

Reactions: Norway

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
... no MF happening right now, lol!
Have you guys seen the ad from shapeshift?
"Remember, remember, to the moon in november"?
It freaks me out. Is it true? I understand the reference and the play with words. But still. Does it mean something? Does Voorhees know something? He he he he ...

EDIT: I'll publish the gif without the link here. Please don't ban me as an ad spammer ;)

Last edited:

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
It's certainly climbing now, but not very fast. Are people getting nervous that institutional money from Wall Street may be pouring into our favourite crypto currency in three days? (The Euro version of Bitcoin Tracker One that launched today was certainly a release flop.)

Last edited: