Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

noobtrader

Sep 30, 2015
@chmod755, i agree, in polo i lend my btc at 0.03%-0.05% per day which 5x better profit than bitfinex. when i says that to ppl at finex they said it was a premium (lower) rates for better exchange (finex)... :D

Reactions: ladoga

ladoga

Sep 17, 2015
I only lend BTC on polo, not XMR. BTC rates are better anyway. Currently 0.05%.
When ETH was being hyped my best daily interest rates were above 1%. Talk about good return. :)

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
Who coded the original ChartBuddy? Was it theymos or a community member?

Bagatell

Aug 28, 2015
Richy_T

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=67210

Richy_T said:
One thing I can possibly do is add some options that people can set to control how Chartbuddy displays stuff. He would still post to the thread every hour but people could say whether they want the big chart every 4 hours, daily, smaller whatever and just get small placeholder images every hour.

Last edited:
Reactions: soullyG and Peter R

JimboToronto

Oct 2, 2015
Hi guys! I just left the other Wall Observer thread, leaving this message:

That's it. I'm switching from this forum to:

https://bitco.in/forum/

They even have a new Wall Observer thread there.

There is too much shit from the Theymos shills here.

See you on the other side, guys!

Norway
Thanx. It was your post that brought this forum to my attention. It's like a breath of fresh air.

Fatman3002

Sep 5, 2015
Or alternatively if we bump in to the 1 MB limit it will be seen as obstacle and removed. More violent the collision the easier it will be for everyone to see.
As an eternal optimist I think we'll see a version of this last alternative, where a rally puts some fire in dev behinds. A lot of people are keeping quiet now, but if pressure keeps building and block size is getting in the way of profits, some very loud voices are going to get very vocal.

Fatman3002

Sep 5, 2015
@JayJuanGee

After reading Theymos' view on things it becomes clear that he sees himself as entitled to use his power as a r/bitcoin moderator and BCT founder to control thought and debate according to his views. That is not healthy for Bitcoin and some competition in this space is sorely needed. His brand of narcissistic liberalism is not a good foundation to build an open source or cryptocurrency community on.

Fatman3002

Sep 5, 2015
@Bagatell

Are you serious? I can delete my post if it offends you.

Edit: I wrote an explanation in the thread you referred to. And sry, the name of the thread threw me off a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Norway

JayJuanGee

Sep 29, 2015
@JayJuanGee

After reading Theymos' view on things it becomes clear that he sees himself as entitled to use his power as a r/bitcoin moderator and BCT founder to control thought and debate according to his views. That is not healthy for Bitcoin and some competition in this space is sorely needed. His brand of narcissistic liberalism is not a good foundation to build an open source or cryptocurrency community on.

I agree with you, at least to the extent that a little competition in the BTC discussion space can be healthy for everyone (including reddit and bitcointalk), especially, if for some reason bitcoin discussions are lacking diversified venues.

I have NO real experience with any meaningful censorship from Theymos or any agent of his, yet I don't disagree with the potential for such censorship problems when those mediums (reddit and bitcointalk) have become so dominant in the bitcoin discussion space and controlled by one person.

A lot of us likely recognize; however, that building any such an alternative space could take a whole hell of a lot of time because there is a certain value in having a large quantity of viewers and participants to hopefully provide decent content and to allow for a variety of contributions .. and even to keep some of the posting momentum up during otherwise slow posting periods.

Considerable value can come to any such forum, also, if some members are putting a lot of effort and work into their posts to produce quality content, and frequently, those kinds of posters are going to prefer to post in places in which their posts will be seen and achieving some interactions regarding the ideas presented.

Finally, since there are only so many hours in the day, some viewers and/or posters are going to want to limit the number of forums or even threads in which they participate.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@JayJuanGee
Many good points, Jay. I have mostly been in the Wall Observer thread at Bitcointalk. The thread itself has been managed very good by Adam. He is a good motivator! And when I started to "hunt" Lambie by reporting all his sock puppets, his posts were removed quick (as they should). But the very young Theymos has proven in other threads at bitcointalk and in reddit/r/bitcoin that he has become either fanatic, compromised or "narcissistic liberalistic" ;)

That was the main reason I left Bitcointalk. Freedom of speech is very important to me, and the easiest place to fight censorship is on troll controlled Internet forums. We just make a new forum.

Theymos puts the troll in controll ;)

Reactions: soullyG and Peter R