Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
I found Adam's Wall Observer unusable a long time ago. There used to be good technical analysis and opinion on the news,. Now drowned out by pages of butthurt garbage.

But since we are starting here with a clean slate, I invite people to check out the weekly chart, and see the massive doji which has just closed (https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitstamp/btcusd),
Stability at $230. I hate to say it, but XT's progress stalled at a mini-plateau is probably the "certainty" that the market likes, and leaves room for another speculative spike.

edit: found an interesting pic which has a similar formation..

Last edited:

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
OK. So a nice spike to $242 so far.
I'm seeing $250 and $270 as pockets of resistance to scalp a few $$$ on the retrace. Any other opinions?

Stereotype

Aug 28, 2015
From a technical trading charting perspective, those levels are sound. Anything higher is surely a no-go until the devs get a room, and have the much needed Bitcoin brawl. If theres no blood on the walls, its still not sorted!

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
Indeed. The best is IMO to rebuild a good community outside /r/Bitcoin and BCT - and not even participating a single bit in those micro-managed, censored portals.

A measure of success will be when the known trolls come over here.

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
Trolls can only enjoy communities where they get attention. If they post low-value content and get no response at all, they soon tire of the work of thinking up and writing posts. The only way they can then continue is through flooding copypasta, which is one of the few cases I'd expect moderators to intervene.

With regard to newbs, they will of course be able to post and gets Qs answered graciously, but naturally get little traction if they persistently post errant arguments that don't advance discussion (taking that lack of traction it as a cue to lurk more for a while).

In short, everything takes care of itself if the culture is geared toward a high density of valuable content, which so far it is. (And to be clear, even if culture declines, moderation is not the answer but rather leading by example.)

Last edited: