Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

billyjoeallen

Sep 9, 2015
It's sad that it has to come to this, but I hope the coinwallet stress test bogs down the network, so that the core devs and smallblockers understand the urgency of scaling.

Reactions: AdrianX

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@billyjoeallen nice to see you here. It might be a while before the joint is rockin' but it sure looks better than the shabby forum we have put up with for so long.

On stamp someone is either trying to scare the market (not working) or sell 3,000 coins. The memory of that is going to hurt in a few months.

Erdogan

Aug 30, 2015
Looking at blockchain.info, a lot of blocks are close to 1MB. It seems the miners have decided to clear the mempool. This was not the case yesterday, we had small blocks and at the same time 150 000 transactions waiting in the mempool.

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
If we can get really technical here ... it looks like the market is taking a dump at the sight of a scaling conference where mostly vaporware is being discussed, and immediate enabling solutions like BIPs100&101 are actively discouraged, and the likelihood of resolutions from the conference are downplayed.

Re-re-retesting the floor at $230. Should be a buy now, but how often can it do this without wanting to explore down to the next level of support?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fatman3002

Fatman3002

Sep 5, 2015
@solex
I agree, this is not looking promising. A slow bleed now is going to hurt. We should be seeing more buying now. Instead we're getting a low volume drop.

Inca

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
I am continuing my weekly buys. Halving is only ten months away. We still have Gemini and ETF to come. The blocksize will be raised, don't worry. The only reason the price is low is that manipulative 10k short on finex which crashed the market.

If you believe bitcoin has a future then the price will rise substantially in the future..

Inca

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
Minor fluctuations.

Above 200 and below 300 is noise!

:)

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Market looks like it wants to explore back up. A bounce to $270 would be nice. The weekly chart has six candle bodies from the floor at $230, where we are again.

ladoga

Sep 17, 2015
I'm thinking that some decision about the blocksize limit has to happen before the price can move up.

It's hard to invest when you don't know what you're putting your money into. Is it p2p settlement network or p2p electronic cash and settlement? If it's the former then I'll just wait a good opportunity to sell, if the latter then I'd probably buy more.

Fiat_Hodler

Sep 27, 2015
Australia
any thoughts on the weird happenings on bitstamp - (over the past week) someone/some-bot seems to buy 200 BTC and then instantly sell 200 BTC - makes the volume seem quite high but what is actually happening... quite odd...

Inca

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
Market is zzz.

Fiat_hodler that sounds like volume inflation bot to me.

Inca

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
Slight uptick.

Zooming out on the 1w chart things are starting to look good.

Holding.

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
This is very promising, and finally some fiat is starting build on the Chinese exchanges.

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
We've had surprisingly little trolling so far. They either don't know about us or are repelled by intelligent conversation. :D

macsga

Sep 29, 2015
Makes sense; less is more most of the times; I really hope that it stays with a high signal to noise ratio. Witnessed a couple of paradigms so far that made it to excellence. My best wishes for this forum too!

Reactions: Bloomie