Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Yes, Bloomie. It's a Norwegian sweater called "Lusekofte" ;)

Since this is a new forum for me, I'll show you some pie charts I made back in february. I had to convert the money supply (m2) in 200+ currencies to USD to make them. The data is from the IMF. Some of you have probably seen them before:

JayJuanGee

Sep 29, 2015
I'm here in this forum to potentially supplement by bitcoin "fix" and information, but I have NO beef against Adam or any of my experiences with the wall observer thread. I do believe that in recent months they had gotten a bit better at stamping out trolls, such as the ones that seem to be lambie or lambie imitations....

Even though I heard about some of the censorship accusation matters going on, I am really NOT that familiar with the degree to which censoring may have been actually taking place or substantively altering the my information about bitcoin or bitcoin options. accordingly, I don't mind following this bitcoin forum info source as well, to the extent that it could possibly be more "censorship free"... hopefully, I won't be banned for asserting such. :confused:

Peter R

Aug 28, 2015
@ JayJuanGee

The issue was with the Forum Administration (Theymos and BadBear in particular) locking the "Gold Collapsing. Bitcoin UP" thread where a lot of us liked to chat.

Adam and the people in the Wall Observer thread (perhaps minus one notorious lamb-troll) are great and I'd love to see more of them (and you) here!

Reactions: Norway

JayJuanGee

Sep 29, 2015
Ok.. I'm willing to see how it plays out for a while... In some sense, I'm thinking that NO need to reinvent the wheel, but if there are actual censorship issues regarding fork subjects or other material bitcoin matters, involving bitcoin politics, then that could affect the information of various posts and threads... and so I can appreciate that too.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@Norway

I think theymos has plans to spend 3000 BTC on a Like button.

One day.

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Welcome to Norway and Macsga!

@Norway great pie charts.
This is the big picture which has had me banging on about the 1MB F$%#@#**&K-UP for 2.5 years. The only thing that can really stop Bitcoin becoming the big red smiley face is a group of devs who will navel-gaze in preference to remove some training-wheels which are morphing into a time-bomb as each day passes.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Ha ha, I like your metaphor about training-wheels morphing into a time-bomb. Don't worry too much about scaling. It's really not that difficult, so it will happen. The basics of a propper scaling could be this: Share the work!
Not all mining computers have to process every single transaction. People are working hard on this solution right now. And if Wladimir keep on blocking evolution, he will not have the position he has today in february. The world is moving on, and even the holy core team has to move with it or be left in the dust :)

Cconvert2G36

Aug 31, 2015
Well, glad to see this thread starting to get some action.

I posted this over on bct last night, but only stolfi wanted to talk about it... :)

What's the deal with the okcoin volume. I've personally never seen anomalies of this magnitude before... Any thoughts on what it means? To me it seems if an exchange was going to implement wash bots to boost volume they would do it more subtly.

Reactions: Norway and Bloomie

Georg Engelmann

Sep 10, 2015
Austria
bitcoincashstandards.org
Hi guys! I just left the other Wall Observer thread, leaving this message:

That's it. I'm switching from this forum to:

https://bitco.in/forum/

They even have a new Wall Observer thread there.

There is too much shit from the Theymos shills here.

See you on the other side, guys!

Norway

Welcome Norway, I know you as an active member on bitcointalk.

I invited Adam to join us, but he didn't reply (even thought he's definitely not happy about the current situation).

noobtrader

Sep 30, 2015
Well, glad to see this thread starting to get some action.

I posted this over on bct last night, but only stolfi wanted to talk about it... :)

What's the deal with the okcoin volume. I've personally never seen anomalies of this magnitude before... Any thoughts on what it means? To me it seems if an exchange was going to implement wash bots to boost volume they would do it more subtly.
maybe 1 person with multiple account doing prepump

ladoga

Sep 17, 2015
Welcome to Norway and Macsga!

@Norway great pie charts.
This is the big picture which has had me banging on about the 1MB F$%#@#**&K-UP for 2.5 years. The only thing that can really stop Bitcoin becoming the big red smiley face is a group of devs who will navel-gaze in preference to remove some training-wheels which are morphing into a time-bomb as each day passes.
+1

Worst case scenario is the one where the demand stagnates due to poor prospects of growth and developers fail to see the connection between the two. (chicken&egg + boiling frog).

What I think is more likely is that sooner or later the limit will be raised and then due to increased confidence the price and adoption will shoot up. Further increases or complete removal of the limit should then be no brainers.

Or alternatively if we bump in to the 1 MB limit it will be seen as obstacle and removed. More violent the collision the easier it will be for everyone to see.

Last edited:

Stereotype

Aug 28, 2015
Happened again with a huge volume spike, about an hour ago.

Can only think its a 'private' deal that the parties wanted satisfied on the order book, for some reason. Reason i know not.

humanitee

Sep 7, 2015
Happened again with a huge volume spike, about an hour ago.

Can only think its a 'private' deal that the parties wanted satisfied on the order book, for some reason. Reason i know not.
Occam’s razor says that shit is FAAAAAAAAAAAKE! After all the shady shit that came to light about OKCoin's platform and CFO(or CEO I can't remember), its gotta be.

Same thing with Huobi.

IMO any exchange with no fees is fake volume and should be disregarded.

Last edited: