Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
So BU's plan (a projection gaven how BU works) is in practically aligned with BCHN's plan. (a new coin)

If the scaling debate heats up again like in 2015 -17 BU could face the same roadblocks with BCHN and then another fork.

TBH, I'm not seeing how BCH either side of this new "tax debate" is going to attract a scaling challenge. I'm just one person, who was told to fork off, what are all the others going to do? I suspect they've forked off too.

BCH is looking more and more like it was a strategy to fork off the OG's who wanted to scale the one Bitcoin and then divide them into obscurity.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
What a shame. Our very own @Mengerian has truly gone off the rails; playing the heavy hand of junior lawyer so it seems :

Post automatically merged:

And here :

Last edited:

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
Now that ABC is risking to become the minority chain it is suddenly not about majority hash anymore.
BitcoinCash.org is now the place that defines Bitcoin Cash.

Historically exchanges have awarded the ticker to the majority hash chain.
There is no such historical precedence. Tickers have been decided for other reasons.

The BCH ticker is already inconsistent; and is "BAB" and "BCHABC" in various places.

As far as what BITCOIN CASH is, the organization that defines what bitcoin cash "is" has already stated that the specification for November includes an 8% funding rule.

Any exchange listing something other than what is specified on BitcoinCash.org would be committing fraud and be subject to lawsuits by their clients.

Hope I cleared that up for you.
Taken from one of the collapsed comments by micropresident.
Post automatically merged:

Sounds plausible:

Yeah I think he formed this shell company in Nov. 2019 (based on the public info available of when it was registered in HK). This was back when he first started cooking up IFP 1.0.

It's so super shady too. Remember how he sold IFP 1.0 as "general miner fund going to a Hong Kong corporation?". This was that corporation!

And in the public filings there is 1 single shareholder to this corporation -- Amaury Marie-Pierre Sechet!

It's so scammy and shady -- even this 1 little detail is the actions of a con-man and not of an honest person.

pafkatabg

Jul 6, 2019
medium.com
I am also sure that Bitcoin ABC aka Bitcoin Amaury will keep the BCH ticker, because it would be risky for exchanges to take a different decision. What would be the name for Bitcoin Roger ?

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
I am also sure that Bitcoin ABC aka Bitcoin Amaury will keep the BCH ticker, because it would be risky for exchanges to take a different decision. What would be the name for Bitcoin Roger ?
ABC has definitely an advantage by owning the bitcoincash.org page.
But the other camp has allot going for them too (wallets, organisations, exchanges).

Although I also lean towards ABC retaining the ticker I'm not dismissing the other scenario yet.

Reactions: Zarathustra

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Very good news to a longstanding crypto problem :

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
Interesting interview with insights how Amaury sees things around Bitcoin Cash.

e.g. Amaury sees many in BCH as people who just tagged along and came in later (not only those who split off to BSV but also some that are still in BCH today).

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
My favourite part of that video is @12:08. Amaury realizing the Fusk up he's created 30 seconds prior to the 12:08 min mark, he makes me LOL. One can see he has no way of reversing this fork and subconsciously he knows he's talking shit. "I have no idea where I was going with that" that's how he exists the impending fork discussion. 😂 🤪😪😭.

That's a genuine berry your face in your hands moment, you can't fake that type of "WTF have I done moment".

before that video, I had no idea who was who, but after the video, BAB looks DOA.

The two forks (BCN - BAB) "Bickn" and "BAbin"

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
another big development:

Reactions: AdrianX

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
I realized that the announcement for the open position as BU Secretary was given too late and not according to the BU Articles.

Reactions: Zarathustra

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Thank you for your interest in BU @emergent_reasons. As you mention, BU has a long history in this space. Throughout all that time, we have been near the top of the list of orgs with transparency of operation.

I see your proposed BUIP as a framework for transparency and accountability and I do appreciate the thust of it. However, some terminology is difficult to parse. In five years I have never heard the word "actor" used to describe anything we have been involved with. We are a development organization, building a Bitcoin Cash compatible full node and associated functionality. Do you mean "developers" or other development teams? Is BCHN what you would call an "actor"?

Note that we already have a guiding document. The BU Articles of Federation [PDF] which can be found here: https://www.bitcoinunlimited.info/about/organization

Have you read this yet?

BUIPs have been raised in the past for changes to the BU articles although a higher threshold is required than for normal BUIPs. They do need to contain revised text.

Can you elaborate more on the motivation for your proposal?

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Haha, it's already starting. @jtoomim, please continue to impose your technocratic idealisms onto what is doomed to become the new forked BCHN protocol. I'm sure the anonymous and mysterious @freetrader will be happy to accommodate you in the continued crippling of a manipulated shell of a coin. "let a thousand coins bloom!". Or "wash, rinse, repeat", whichever you prefer. This is all getting quite boringly predictable i must say:

Last edited:

kyuupichan

Oct 3, 2015
Haha, it's already starting. @jtoomim, please continue to impose your technocratic idealisms onto what is doomed to become the new forked BCHN protocol. I'm sure the anonymous and mysterious @freetrader will be happy to accommodate you in the continued crippling of a manipulated shell of a coin. "let a thousand coins bloom!". Or "wash, rinse, repeat", whichever you prefer. This is all getting quite boringly predictable i must say:

The temptation to tinker, play and muck around is irresistible in BABland it seems. If this persists continuing lack of adoption is all but guaranteed.