Advance notice: Candidate Applications for BU Secretary, October 2020

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Advance notice: Candidate Applications for BU Secretary, October 2020

Bitcoin Unlimited was founded in November 2015, and the first election for its officers took place in January 2016. The term of each elected officer is two years, although the founding officers have staggered terms in order that each position expires at different dates. The current BU Secretary position expires on 10 October.

Bitcoin Unlimited: Articles of Federation Article 2(II)
"Officer term is for two years. For continuity, elections shall be staggered by 6 months and take place 1 week prior to responsibility transfer. Beginning with the President on Jan 15, 2018, then Secretary, Developer, and Pool Operator. This means that the initial officer term may exceed 2 years. Voting for all the initial officers shall occur on Jan 15, 2016."

Candidates for this position must raise a BUIP, putting their name forward by end 31 August (UTC), for at the next membership vote. It should contain biographical information, past achievements in the Bitcoin space, and vision for BU. For information about style and content, you can find earlier examples via the BUIP Index.

Note: ONLY PUBLICLY IDENTIFIED, CURRENT, BU MEMBERS CAN SUBMIT A BUIP FOR THEIR CANDIDACY.

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
ADVANCE NOTICE: CANDIDATE APPLICATIONS FOR BU SECRETARY, OCT 2020 TO OCT 2022
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
15TiujYmnHa33fjEnasBBm1eWcGx9YEXPL
IAiMguQAab4bLvAox87q1Fla4yP3mOacutlAZpoRk2rkeRIoWAs3HRJfFE0ai8LeUvF9QtnQqZYVvSkqHS0GK0M=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
@solex I would like to note that according to the Articles of Federation Article 2.VII the announcement must be at least 4 weeks prior to the voting.

The Secretary (or President then Developer if the Secretary/President is vacated) announces vacancy or impending vacancy of a position to the BU public forum and an election date not earlier than 4 weeks subsequent to the announcement.
This announcement was too late.
Please take note of this complain and put solutions in place to announce according to the AoF in the future.

Thanks!

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@torusJKL Noted. Actually, I also note the announcement post does not include a time. I recall making it much earlier in the day than the vote opening. So, the time the vote was opened was within hours of 4 weeks after the OP here was made. The voting is also open 5 days when a minimum of two days is required.

Last edited:

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
I understand that the 4 weeks announcement is for others to have time to enter the election.
A longer voting period does not help here because the BUIP has to be presented before the vote starts.

e.g. announcement 2 days before vote but a voting duration of 4 weeks would be pointless. (obviously exaggerated)

Reactions: Zarathustra

donald26

Feb 2, 2024
HOW YOU CAN RECOVER YOUR LOST CRYPTO/FUNDS: Lost hope in a crypto scam? I got my $394,330 back! I invested $430,000 in a bogus crypto site. Big returns promised, withdrawals blocked, extra fees demanded – it was a nightmare. Feeling trapped, I even considered the unthinkable. My family helped me through it, and my niece suggested HACKERSTEVE911. They'd helped her with grades, but I'd never thought of them for this. I contacted them, expecting little. But within four days, they recovered $394,330 back to my wallet! My hope, my life, was back. If you're in a similar situation, don't lose hope. Contact them on hackersteve911@gmail.com