Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
This pandemic is a portent. It's a consequence of unmanaged growth. We can't live with billions of other people in a dominionist mindset. If this virus doesn't kill us, the next one may. We need to use the technology we develop wisely.

BldSwtTrs

Sep 10, 2015
Ireland enforces a new 6 weeks lockdown. There are less than 10 deaths per day there.

In a televised address on Monday evening, Taoiseach (prime minister) Mícheál Martin said that despite having introduced what was probably "Europe's strictest regime", the current restrictions on their own had not been enough to significantly reduce levels of infection.

"The strictest measures in Europe don't work so we enforce even stricter measures". Typical statist reasoning.
The only way out of this nightmare is a revolution. Governements have gone crazy and cannot stop to act crazy on their own.
Post automatically merged:

This pandemic is a portent. It's a consequence of unmanaged growth. We can't live with billions of other people in a dominionist mindset. If this virus doesn't kill us, the next one may. We need to use the technology we develop wisely.
Sorry but this low IQ nonsense. There is no super deadly virus, only a new kind of flu.
Environmentalists are happy with the situation, their goal is realized due to dictatorship. But fuck them.

It's because of people like you that we have lost our freedom.

Last edited:
Reactions: lunar and rocks

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
My take on the upcoming BCH fork is it's going to be the last of the scheduled hard forks and it's going to tarnish those protocols that shun the "set in stone" principle.

The Paxos Trust Company are the custodians behind PayPal's Bitcoin offering, it includes BCH ( the pre fork BCH) I'm going to hazard a guess here and say the executives who put this deal together are not up to speed with what's about to unfold with BCHN and BCHA, my guess with the fork is shifting to the likelihood that ABC keep the BCH ticker as I dont think the BCHN guys are selling the narrative to the executives in the High Castles, and I suspect they go with the vanilla default, and unsure exchanges do the same.

All bets are off if those companies employ BCHN developers. (case in point Coindesk employing BCH developers at the time of the BSV split)

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
My take on the upcoming BCH fork is it's going to be the last of the scheduled hard forks and it's going to tarnish those protocols that shun the "set in stone" principle.
hmmm . . . the paypal terms are so convoluted i doubt much liquidity will get tangled there. it looks to me more like séchet cleanly ejected himself out of the space -- i mean he is attempting to hardcode himself a percentage of the coinbase wtf --and very soon (modulo a confusing airdrop and some wrangling with cagey exchanges) the bitcoin cash protocol devs will live in happiness and freedom, finally able to introduce all manner of changes and counterchanges, experiment at will, experiment it all, find that killer app! what is it going to be, besides a difficulty algorithm, transaction ordering, new signature types? shorter blocktimes, dynamic blocksizes? double-spend proofs? chained transaction limits, more efficient data structures, default coin mixing, new OP codes? ah, it will be beautiful.

what remains to be seen is how @freetrader handles himself as a gatekeeper - presumably in full openness and transparency! technical merit will rule! there shall be consensus all around! a harmonious future awaits. one coin to rule them all. the public can hardly believe its luck.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
"let a thousand altcoins bloom!"

The relentless, anonymized hard forking continues apace according to plan.

Why are we such a bunch of shleps?

Reactions: AdrianX and cbeast

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
"let a thousand altcoins bloom!"

The relentless, anonymized hard forking continues apace according to plan.

Why are we such a bunch of shleps?
A great data burn is coming. There is no plan to save all the data. Too few curators to sort its value. The altcoins will vaporize in a BSV big bang event.

• Wow
Reactions: sgbett and AdrianX

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
I bet there will be less overall value in the two BCH forks than there exists presently; if there ends up being two BCH forks.

Other than the possibility of being drug upwards by BTC, I don't see how either of them could do better than they are doing right now.

the lack of replay protection ought to contribute to more delistings, less liquidity, funds loss, etc

this time with no connections to rent hash to prop up legitimacy

Last edited:
Reactions: 79b79aa8

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
I think AVAX is a dead end; but a dead end that will serve those best who are fleeing another 'investor win' in BCH; given the inability of most BCH speculators to consider BSV (or big blocks anymore for that matter)

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
We have been predicting this for... decades... now:

"For months we have suspected this was their strategy. Now it is in black and white: Iran is bypassing the dollar and other fiat currencies by using bitcoin."

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Pretty amazing breakup. Sounds like The Intercept has gone the the way of Twitter and Facebook:

Reactions: lunar

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Bitcoin and its censorship debacle was 5 years ahead of the general trend to censor everything to control the public narrative.

Been there done that, I've concluded one needs to think independently and create uncompromising value so others want to follow. Break the narrative by creating value for others. Both Biden and Trump are opposed to free trade and pro unbounded inflation democracy has failed when you have to vote for the slower demise.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Been there done that, I've concluded one needs to think independently and create uncompromising value so others want to follow.
I've been thinking the same thing. Jack is just another core dev and thermos type who acts arrogant yet clueless when interviewed. What we're seeing is Bitcointalk 2.0 on a much wider and scary level. Never has there been a greater need for independent thinking.

Imo, the ramp has only just begun as here we are almost 12yo, firmly entrenched as an alternative asset at an incredibly high value of ~$13k, yet with no clearly defined more functional/fundamental role in the current financial system. That's pretty amazing to me. I thought we'd be further along at this point, yet instead, we barely hear anybody talking much about Bitcoin in the mainstream media as much of the hype has worn off. Everyone is terrified to invest at these levels except for true geniuses like Microstrategy who's already made $100M having dived in at ~$9882. Which means that if and when we do get the slightest hint of clarification as to exactly how bitcoin fits into the monetary equation, there should be an explosion of value upwards.

I don't mean to focus on BTC but it's hard to ignore what appears to be a winner price-wise. I'm still hopeful for either of the more functional BSV or BCH but they need to get moving. BTC seems to have decoupled.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Here's an example of what I'm talking about. This is the second WSJ article in about a month complaining about the lack of an uncorrelated asset to traditional assets. No mention of Bitcoin:

“The only thing that protected you was cash and that’s not giving you any return,” said David Bowers, co-founder of London-based Absolute Strategy Research, which advises investment firms. “Both bonds and equities are overvalued at the moment…This is potentially quite a challenging environment.”

"“If you’ve been using gold to hedge your equities in recent months it’s been a Texas hedge,” Mr. Wong said, referring to a position that increases an investor’s risk.""

Reactions: AdrianX

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
BTC is a tulip.
microstrategy's present good fortune nothwistsanding, it's hard to convince institutional funds to park capital on tulips.

Reactions: AdrianX

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Haha, I scroll down the front page of the WSJ just now only to find this:

Because the quantity of bitcoin is limited to 21 million, the digital currency can never be “debased,” Mr. Saylor argues, and is therefore bound to hold its value over the long run.

• Haha
Reactions: sgbett

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
BTC can't be debased, but it can certainly lose value.

of course, we argued to high heaven that BTC was valuable. but that's back when, in addition to not being debasable, BTC reduced transactional friction. now it's simply a place to park capital, in many ways inefficiently.

i see a lot of tough tweeting by latecomers hoping to get a payday. i don't see a self-sustaining asset.

e: Au price cannot collapse below some floor, because there *will* always be buyers. the same does not hold for BTC.

Last edited:
Reactions: cbeast and lunar