Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
i hear you cypher . . . yet in a sense, there is nothing left to do: either a blockchain economy takes off, organically so to speak, or after 11 years the system could not strap. what's clear is that the model whereby software engineers drive this forward has run its course. even if séchet gets his coin and his payday, the resulting project is not going to revolutionize anything. and the same goes for the Bitcoin cash-sans-ABC development crowd. what can make a difference at this point is, e.g. a bitcoin association with offices in zürich talking to businesses around the world.

lingering questions, for me: why did @freetrader put ABC in pole position - was it deliberate division-sowing, or crass miscalculation? and why did @solex run for reelection?

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
on @freetrader's roadmap: "Adaptive blocksize limit proposals (to replace fixed limit)". thus we are at the proposal stage, three years after the fork. and that is simply for raising the limit, whereas the harder part is the optimization.

full post:

Reactions: sgbett and Norway

kyuupichan

Oct 3, 2015
Well I happen to know that the Chinese miners would not run ABC in November. I guess the shitlord was told in no uncertain terms and saw the writing on the wall.

I wonder what our beloved, but long disappeared, @Mengerian will have to say about this. I never understood why he so publicly strapped himself to the shitlord's mast, even though little Napoleon's insanity was becoming all too plain for most to see.

It still seems there's ample opportunity for a fork given Amaury believes he's worth 8% of BCH.

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
at least viaBTC has announced it will not be running ABC anymore come November. but presumably the chain still forks.

perhaps daedalnix is thinking either he gets his payday or he's done anyway, so he might as well cease negotiating.

après moi, le déluge!

jtoomim

Jan 2, 2016
Funny. @jtoomim is mining BSV 😂

That was probably kr1z1s. He wrote code to add BSV support to p2pool, and I accepted his pull request.

I am not the only miner on p2pool. My attitude toward p2pool supporting BSV is the same as my attitude toward p2pool supporting any other coin, like LTC or BTG or DASH. My p2pool repository accepts pull requests to add support for any coin, as long as it is technically feasible and someone else is willing to put in the work to keep it working.

I have never mined BSV, and do not ever intend to.

Reactions: AdrianX

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
i'm so tired...
I have the cure. Get rid of anything non-BSV. Watch the clowns and laugh.
Post automatically merged:

That was probably kr1z1s. He wrote code to add BSV support to p2pool, and I accepted his pull request.

I am not the only miner on p2pool. My attitude toward p2pool supporting BSV is the same as my attitude toward p2pool supporting any other coin, like LTC or BTG or DASH. My p2pool repository accepts pull requests to add support for any coin, as long as it is technically feasible and someone else is willing to put in the work to keep it working.

I have never mined BSV, and do not ever intend to.
Your position was that big BSV blocks were too big and costly for your amateur infrastructure. It's still funny.
EDIT: I have no idea who "kr1z1s" is. Is it your brother? Is your brother doing what you think is impossible? If that is the case, I bet he is the older brother.

Last edited:

Norway

Sep 29, 2015

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
CAT, aka BCC, is just serious enough to go ahead, and just silly enough to make those wanting to fork off stay with BCH, it's also a temporary name and a fork of the original BCH protocol so a foundation for those who don't like what the dominant protocol designers are doing.

All in all, if the BCH community pulls through this and stays with ABC's lead I'll say it worked.

For what it's worth BCH should remain different from BSV. I like the idea of ABC taking full control. They have rejected about 40% of the community by forking off BSV in the past it would be bad to do it again. So by staying the course, we can actually learn something scientifically when we collectively stick with ABC. Those who don't want ABC can switch to the original not ABC called BSV.

I don't want a coin competing with BSV. If that happened I'd be compelled to sell the inferior one. While under ABC's leadership I have a risk free bet and I'm invested in something I'd never invested in normally so I see ABC as diversification.

Reactions: bitsko and 79b79aa8

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
ROFL adrian and mengerian for daedalcoin!
haipo for CAT
freetrader for freedomcoin of the fervently free
BU for that too, i guess
peter_r AWOL

here's the thing: in the best case scenario for freedomcoin of the fervently free, the ABC dictatorship is ousted, the BCH ticker is preserved, and the free are free to continue finessing the protocol to perfection! so many promising ideas! so many proposals, backed up with evidence! community consensus shall finally cometh!

except not all proposals can be implemented. not all ideas are compatible. feathers will be ruffled. former friends will again accuse former friends of mental retardation. some shall never ever speak to others again.

and the boat will have sailed.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
The target launch date for the service remains 2023 or 2024, with a more specific time frame to be announced after additional work is completed.

if only they had something similar today.