Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

rocks

Sep 24, 2015
Interesting thread on likely next steps by governments regarding privacy and clean vs. unclean coins. Much of this was discussed in the original thread, it's still amazing to see how far the project has come that this is being taken seriously now.

Even if all of this comes to pass, and bitcoin is only usable through government tracked wallets, the supply cap still holds and bitcoin still wins.

BTW, the recent breakout is making me more and more convinced we are close to starting the run for this epoch similar to four years ago.

Last edited:

BldSwtTrs

Sep 10, 2015
So in Western Europe governements have gone full dictatorial.

There are curfews in most of the countries, which means the only freedom you still have is to go to work.
In some countries such as Ireland you cannot receive other people at your house.
In most countries you cannot go outside without a mask, you cannot have direct contact air with your nose, you cannot see other people smile .

To put things in perspective, there is no excess mortality in 2020 (in France at least, but I bet it's the same in other countries). The most probable explanations is that deaths from other causes are categorized as death by covid.

No excess mortality in 2020. So that means that's Western Europe has swung into totalitarian sates due to medical data manipulation, backed by media manipulation, which make public opinion comply with the most extreme measures of deprivation of liberty.

In France, president Macron literally said yesterday "we were used to be free individuals". WE WERE USED TO. I am no making that stuff up. And there is no political opposition, every politicians is aligned with the need of extreme measures of deprivation of liberty.

I cannot overstate how serious the situation is. I am litteraly in shock to live in a situation worse than 1984 without seing that coming at all. It is as if all the vectors of totalitarism had slowly infiltrated the pores of the power structure of European countries and all it took was a spark (covid) to trigger a dictatorial runaway.

And to make this crypto related. CSW's view "must comply with the law" is wrong. Law doesn't help us people in Western europe. Governments make whatever laws they want.

Last edited:

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
CSW does not strike me as a letter of the law type guy, he looks like a don't kick the biggest gorilla in the nuts type guy.

That said his "Welcome to Law" strategy doesn't apply to most of the legislation that exists today, or the need to decentralize finance, it applies to one of his strategies, the one Calvin used when avoiding US illegal gambling and money laundering charges. Ultimately the international law ruled in his favour.

That said, the WTO is as corrupt and complicit in all the unrest around the world today, their mandate is not Globalisation it's being a middle man punishing those who don't agree to their globalist control. Calvin just got lucky.

pafkatabg

Jul 6, 2019
medium.com
@BldSwtTrs - Here is a nice website to view EU mortality - https://www.euromomo.eu

There was some statistically significant higher mortality in the spring in several EU countries, but nowhere it was more than 250% than the previous year. The mortality numbers vary every year a lot depending on how strong is the flu. The winter of 2016/2017 was unusually tough for Italy, but it was not on the news. It's true that spring 2020 is at least 70-80% deadlier than 3 years ago in Italy, but that's not impressive.

I don't accept lockdowns for a virus that can't increase mortality rates at least 5 times...All stats from that page show that COVID19 is barely doubles mortality rates when compared to years with unusually bad flu season.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Lol

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
I cannot overstate how serious the situation is. (...)

And to make this crypto related. CSW's view "must comply with the law" is wrong. Law doesn't help us people in Western europe. Governments make whatever laws they want.
The situation is serious enough that this most serious economic topic has been banned from this thread, which was about economics.

It actually means that society ("we the people") make the laws. It is the @Bloomie s and the @cypherblock s in society that make these laws possible. They represent the majority. They support the terror of the politicians and their 'experts'. It would be easy to defeat the few politicians and 'experts' if they were alone, but it is impossible to defeat an overwhelming number of Bloomies and Cypherblocks behind those law makers.

In my canton of residence in Switzerland, after 4 months of mandatory masking, we now have the most infections, five times as many as in the neighboring canton without masking requirements! Mandatory masking is now being introduced across the whole country.

U.S. Gross Domestic Product: USD 20 trillion
Total federal/state/local spending: USD 10 trillion

We are in stage four. After stage four comes stage five.

Last edited:

BldSwtTrs

Sep 10, 2015
This may look funny from afar but when every countries in Western Europe engage in the same kind of insanity and you live there, this rather sounds outright awful 🙁
And UK has a greater culture of freedom than most European countries, so even cultural factors no longer play any role in preserving individual rights.
Post automatically merged:

In my canton of residence in Switzerland, after 4 months of mandatory masking, we now have the most infections, five times as many as in the neighboring canton without masking requirements! Mandatory masking is now being introduced across the whole country.
This is very sad. Switzerland is also, with UK, one the country that culturally value freedom the most in Europe.

The big, big, big problem that few people realize is that once governments start to mess up with something there is no rollback possible. This is like interventionism in the economy: governments start to think that they are responsible for solving a hypothetical problem so they enforce coercitve measures, which fail to solve the problem. So they enforce even more measures, which doesn't solve the original hypothetical problem and create a whole set of other problems that governments try to solve by imagining even more corrective and coercitive measures...

Currently most people are delusional about the fact that those measures are temporary. That's why governements have compliance from the public opinion. Every midwits think these measures are temporary. But they are not. Governments won't stop covid transmission, and they will never stop trying to solve this "problem". We are fucked.

Last edited:

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
I for one give a fuck. You may guess which type.
----maybe this version is better:

'giving a fuck without giving a fuck since 2020'

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
This may look funny from afar but when every countries in Western Europe engage in the same kind of insanity and you live there, this rather sounds outright awful
Yeah sorry. I had to laugh because that's all I can do as the lock downs are all so sad and ridiculous at this point. The cure can't be worse than the disease? So I guess they're ignoring what the WHO had to say about lock downs?

Today's WSJ had this great article which showed just how much better off the South was by remaining more open than the rest of our great country :

No more lock downs are needed as we are turning the corner on covid due to miracle drug Regeneron and the upcoming vaccine.

Last edited:
Reactions: BldSwtTrs

BldSwtTrs

Sep 10, 2015
This article is a good synthesis of the massive problem in which we are:

Reactions: rocks and AdrianX

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Naa, we don't need to change the name, what we need to do is realize one does not just die from old age anymore, one dies from a complication associated with old age and that complication is avoidable!.

In other news gold can't do what bitcoin can, this thread is interesting (note the SoV Buble is just inflating and is nowhere near poping.)

Builders have to build otherwise we end up with CBDC and the same problem repeats.

Last edited:
Reactions: cbeast and bitsko

rocks

Sep 24, 2015
The big, big, big problem that few people realize is that once governments start to mess up with something there is no rollback possible. This is like interventionism in the economy: governments start to think that they are responsible for solving a hypothetical problem so they enforce coercitve measures, which fail to solve the problem. So they enforce even more measures, which doesn't solve the original hypothetical problem and create a whole set of other problems that governments try to solve by imagining even more corrective and coercitive measures...

Currently most people are delusional about the fact that those measures are temporary. That's why governements have compliance from the public opinion. Every midwits think these measures are temporary. But they are not. Governments won't stop covid transmission, and they will never stop trying to solve this "problem". We are fucked.
At this point there is more than enough evidence to show that fully opening up and going back to normal is the best course and will not result in disaster, the latest numbers show this to be a bad seasonal flu. Event the latest CDC and WHO numbers, which are inflated, show its not that bad for anyone under 75 and without other issues.

However, if things open up, and disaster does not happen, most will realize this never should have been done in the first place, or at most 2 weeks as originally promised, and blowback against governments will be unlike anything we've seen since the feudal system collapsed.

So they're stuck and won't open up until there is a vaccine because they are boxed in. They need the vaccine to keep the perception it all was necessary.

But can or will people remain locked down, with no schools, until a vaccine is available? It is becoming doubtful.