Bitcoin Unlimited Membership -- Join us

seweso

Aug 19, 2015
Netherlands
You can put me up as Wouter Schut (seweso). I'm not really hiding my real identity anyway.

The text you can add is: "Bitcoin has had a virtually unlimited blocksize limit for most of its lifetime, without issue. The block-size limit was never a limit on actual growth, but it might start to limit real growth in the beginning or middle of 2016. And in terms of perception and peak usage it might have already hurt growth tremendously. If bigger blocks is detrimental to the overal health and value of Bitcoin - which i believe it will be at some point - then miners should already be incentivised to create smaller blocks. Having better decentralisation - like we did in the past - is incomparable to the amount of security we enjoy now because of hugely invested miners which have made a long term commitment to Bitcoin. "

Please comment if my sentences are hard to read, need some work.

Maybe this is something for the homepage:

"It is one thing to be in the pocket of [...]. It is another to do nothing and then assume a superior posture of purposeful neglect, as though do-nothingness were a policy and smug intransigence a philosophy." - Kathleen Parker (Washington post)

;)

Aquent

Aug 19, 2015
maybe membership should require PGP signatures. To prevent sybils.
Yes, we were discussing that in another thread. Either PGP signature, signing with a bitcoin address, or, once the membership section of the site is up, then email confirmation from a real name address if the real name is being used or a nickname address if a nickname (shown to be in long use, i.e. 1 year or so) is used. Or maybe a combination.

Problem with just pgp or btc address is that it is not hard to create a new pgp key or bitcoin address with the new nick. Real name email addresses are usually taken though and same for nickname email addresses, so harder to sybil those in my view.

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@jbreher
Apologies for not acknowledging your post sooner. You are of course welcome as a member as far as I am concerned!

However, now that BU is formally launched the Articles require new members to be inducted via a BUIP, and I expect that these will occur periodically with lists for existing membership vote.

Because members can veto BU software changes the Articles also require some proof of identity, which can be a) real, e.g. social media page or b) evidence of a multi-year online presence, e.g. on BCT.

Would you post a link to a) or b) for us?
[doublepost=1456555053][/doublepost]New Members for BU are welcome
At present there is no glory, just being part of a happy band of thinkers and doers, who want to put "decentralized" back into Bitcoin software development.

Please reply in this thread, and include a link to either your real-world ID, or your long-time internet avatar.

Last edited:

sgbett

Aug 25, 2015
UK
Hello, can I join!

I'm everywhere https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sgbett :) Not sure who the hell Sharon Grace is!

"I believe in the philosophy and goals that Satoshi described in the original Bitcoin White Paper. I believe that since its inception the bitcoin community has followed those goals. I believe that right now Bitcoin Unlimited is the implementation that remains most closely aligned with Satoshi's original vision."

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Welcome @sgbett and @jl777 Really good to have your support!

@jl777 can you give us a link to your profile on another forum, like NXT?

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Fantastic! And fast, do you live in the matrix :)