Bitcoin Unlimited Membership -- Join us

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
Hi Steffen, Great and welcome! Really, the whole purpose of the small vetting we are doing is to discourage known trolls from joining under false names just to disrupt the process...

Reactions: steffen

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
Pretty cool, I am not even really aware of the whole youtuber section of the ecosphere. And she's spot on with the 'competing government' thing. Lets get this going!

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
Onboard, for anything I can help with.

"The Blocksize commodity is too valuable to be controlled by anything other than the free market.

Awaken the force of the free market. From an acquiescence to disorder emerges an Unlimited resistance to central control."

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter R

Lee Adams

Dec 23, 2015
Please sign me up. This looks very similar to a UK effort I tried to start for UK organisations. https://github.com/BitcoinAssociationofGreatBritain/Constitution/blob/master/README.md

I love the gist of the Articles of Federation, but I think you are paiting yourself into a corner with a few things.

1) Quorum on changing the Articles. Great that you have it, but you will need to introduce a new clause which allows for less and less consensus in the event a vote does not reach quorum. First vote needs 75% quorum, second vote needs 50% etc.

2) Membership. needs more on becoming a member and most importantly resigning as a member and/or membership lengths

3) You need a dissolution clause

4) You should back up the articles by Roberts Rules (or similar) to stop unnesseccary arguments when the articles are unclear.

I realise 2) and 3) are going to stick a bit, and I see why you feel the need for an autocratic position to start with, but considering the mess that the Bitcoin Foundation is in, I think they are vital.

I would like to become a member.

Reactions: Inca and Peter R

swinny89

Dec 23, 2015
Hello!

I would like to be counted as a member of Bitcoin Unlimited!

I would love to offer any help where needed. I have a background in philosophy, and I am currently employed as a Jr Sysadmin. I can help with various I.T. related tasks (Scripting, testing, writing walk-throughs, etc.)

Reactions: solex and Peter R
Hello. I would like to join.
I been involved in Bitcoin since 2011 when I starting using faucets and I bought my first Bitcoin on Bitcoin-OTC.
I starting trading on BTC-E in 2012 and got my first ASIC miner in 2013.
Since 2013 I have owned the Bitcoin donation site DonateBitcoins.org

I first heard about Bitcoin Unlimited on reddit and I been excited about it since.

rezzme

Sep 8, 2015
United States
@theZerg count me in!

Same name on reddit, and was 2nd or 3rd /r/bitcoin_unlimited moderator (thanks seweso!)

Bitcoin Unlimited represents to me the original (and arguably optimal) iteration of bitcoin, while in itself representing another major vote in favor of competing implementations and diverse development teams. It's the best of old and new, wrapped with positively vibrant and encouraging longstanding community members.

Roy Badami

Dec 27, 2015
I'm not sure I know what I need to do to apply for membership (and if I'm honest, I find the process a bit intimidating).

I've been a bitcoiner since 2012. I recently got round to setting up a full node, and had been idly wondering whether it was possible for me to bow out of the choice of BIP and just accept whatever was mined. Then, Bam!, I see BU announced.

I hadn't got as far as really thinking this through (and hadn't at all thought about this from the point of miners rather than just non-mining nodes) but this is clearly an idea whose time has come.

Sign me up!

roy

EDIT: My node is still running Core, but will very shortly switch to BU.
[doublepost=1451249778][/doublepost]Also, having read the Articles, I'm impressed. Don't take this the wrong way, but this feels to me very much what the Bitcoin Foundation should have been.

EDIT: Since I do understand you want to do due diligence on members, FYI my name here (and pretty much everywhere) is my real name. Same name on BCT, but on Reddit there's no space between my first and last name.

Last edited:

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
@marcelo please post new topics elsewhere -- I think there are ppl talking about mining... if not post your own.

@allegro101 and people who are considering joining:
BU has no position on SegWit... and personally I think many people are not against it -- we just don't see it as a scalability solution.

JVWVU

Oct 10, 2015
Sign me up, we need to scale and we need to in a truly knowledgable, decentralized way and Bitcoin Unlimited, imo is that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: theZerg and Peter R