Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ladoga

Sep 17, 2015
I think I was wrong saying it would have no effect. If they adopt the blockchain technology, - maybe their own fork of the Bitcoin blockchain or similar - it would have some positive effect in the general perception of Bitcoin itself.

Depends really how many mentally associate the blockchain tech with Bitcoin. Masses probably don't have a clue, but maybe those who already have some knowledge will become more confident.

Bagatell

Aug 28, 2015
ladoga said:
blockchain or similar
Blockchains and similar.

“Cyberspace. A consensual hallucination experienced daily by billions of legitimate operators, in every nation, by children being taught mathematical concepts... A graphic representation of data abstracted from banks of every computer in the human system. Unthinkable complexity. Lines of light ranged in the nonspace of the mind, clusters and constellations of data. Like city lights, receding...”

@Norway
That's the way I read it.

Reactions: Norway

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
12 hours until institutional money pours into bitcoin. Or did I get it wrong?

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
When the genious points at the moon, the fool looks at the finger.
OMG! This has become a jerk circle! With too few people jerking. No?

Fatman3002

Sep 5, 2015
When the genious points at the moon, the fool looks at the finger.
OMG! This has become a jerk circle! With too few people jerking. No?
I'm tired of jerking, “I feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread.”.

Reactions: Norway

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Cameron answered:

DIng, ding, ding!!! We have a winner!!!
I take that as a yes from Cameron. My theory is that the ETF needs a regulated source for bitcoin.

(And the circle jerk will once again become fun when the price skyrocket!)

5 minutes until the massive US hedgefunds pour into bitcoin ;)

Inca

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
It is a great shame the twins didn't start the exchange with a massive depth in the bidside of the orderbook. They should have allowed people a week to wire funds on exchange prior to opening, which they could have then announced with more fanfare.

Incidentally I think what will be crucial for the maturity of bitcoin pricing in the future is the migration of bitcoin trading to US regulated exchanges under the auspices of the CTFC. Every time there is manipulative theft like on bitfinex recently (260-160 manipulation that should have been rolled back and everyone made whole) the price is set back by another 6 months. I view bitcoin as a commodity with the potential to be a near perfect store of value and perfect medium of exchange. That is the killer app and for it to get there the price must climb drawing in a wider audience. Manipulative speculation with shitty complicit exchanges are holding this back by allowing the store of value aspect of bitcoin to be unnecessarily volatile. A simple gentleman's agreement between exchange owners to roll back clear manipulative attacks on orderbooks would remove the motivation to do so by removing the profit from the action for the people responsible. One can dream..