Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shmadz

Aug 28, 2015
You can't if it's the post above yours - a little annoying you may be able to highlight and quote text on some OS's on my old Android I just use [ quote ]

If you just reply it reads just the same for us users.
Ah, Ok, thanks. So just a new style to get used to then. It's a bit annoying, but easy multi-quote is great, speaking of...
i keep like 5% "just incase"
you better sell now buddy....
seriously buy it back 50% lower in a matter of days....
Meh, I'm less incentivized to sell when I've already made over 10X profit. Maybe being early in bitcoin has made me jaded? I had a pretty good graphics card and soon I had like a thousand bitcoin... But then bitcoin goes up, bitcoin comes down, and now it's cashed and it's like 2 dollars, but it's not quite dead... Surprising? Yes! So I read the white paper, "hey that actually made sense" - so then I buy several thousand dollars worth of cards,

But I didn't want to lose money, didn't want to look like a fool, so when bitcoin went back up around 5 bucks, I sold a ton of coins to recover the cost on the video cards. (Hey bitcoin had just gone up 100%¡!!¡! Easy money right?)

Anyways, rambling, but the point I want to make is that 5% sounds great until it's 4 years later and you're sitting on 100,000 when you could be sitting on a million. When I look back on those lost opportunities, i wish I would have saved 50% instead of 5%

Last edited:
Reactions: AdrianX

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
My problem is not with DNS. Sometimes the page will simply not load (something like "the server where this page is located is unavailable"). And the problem usually does not get resolved by refreshing a few times.

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
Regarding your conversation with the guys in the bar.... I am with Adam...
LMAO i thought of you after i wrote that
It's just so typical for fresh fiat to hit buy at the tops, I mean understanding market dynamics isn't common knowledge...
and it takes talent and nuttyness to hit buy when everything seems like its falling apart.

Cconvert2G36

Aug 31, 2015
-snip-
I am kind of anticipating a 10x. But I am not sure when.. probably less than 2 years, but pretty decent chances that another 10x could take place anywhere between 1 month and 18 months, too.

From here, a 10x would place BTC prices in about the $3k to $5k territory, and that seems reasonable. After the 10x, I would expect some kinds of corrections and evben some period of repeated negative news... for possible 6 to 18 months... ... then we go from there... and maybe get the next 10x thereafter...

Surely, we could get two 10x s in a short span of time, and that be 100x and would place BTC prices in the $30k to $50k price territory.....

Seeming a bit "out there" to expect a 100x any time soon (which I understand as being two 10x s)... Surely, the overshoot could be surprising... especially since we have had a couple of years of a relatively down market....

Nonetheless, I have some difficulties just maintaining my imagination of one 10x at a time.... rather than your describing a 100x to be anytime soon or to come all at once... It's not 2013 anymore...

Call me pessimistic. :p:p
You see 10x within 24 months, just 'cause. Well, I hope you weigh the inverse of that game. How much are you buying when segwit softforks onto us?

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
So I read the white paper, "hey that actually made sense" - so then I buy several thousand dollars worth of cards,

But I didn't want to lose money, didn't want to look like a fool, so when bitcoin went back up around 5 bucks, I sold a ton of coins to recover the cost on the video cards. (Hey bitcoin had just gone up 100%¡!!¡! Easy money right?)
true.
we all did that... i bought a boatload at 10 and sold at 20.... felt perry Fing good about myself, at the time...
but those days are gone, and i do not believe ETH's story can play out the same way, i guess it could, but it won't....
I firmly believe bitcoin is and always will be the place to be.
what's ETH worth when BTC script lang gets expanded?
not much.
Alts will come and go, and there fearlessness will allow them to boldly go where no crypto has gone before, but what are we trying to do here??? do we value what's new hip and happening? or do we value security, recognizability.
above all else, i want a crypto that does one thing and does it well, HODLs value. thats it thats all.

Reactions: majamalu

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
if BTC is an airplane, then alts are the above.
[doublepost=1458363997][/doublepost]we could see another leg down then again maybe not.
time to place bids and pray to wtv god you believe in.

blackspidy

Mar 14, 2016
Bitcoin's an airplane that's been flying for 8 years straight while its engine is still being approved upon. That... is impressive. It shows potential.

sickpig

Aug 28, 2015
Well. Something is on the wing pulling off pieces and it doesn't look that good
gmax is surely photogenic.

unluckily I can't find the one of sipa messing up with the engine and the one wth Back while is trying to convince the pilot to drink another whisky...

Last edited:
Reactions: majamalu

rebuilder

Mar 14, 2016
Here's a tidbit:

If, per Norway's chart, Bitcoin was to become 1% of M2, that would represent an increase in valuation by a factor of about 139.

If we wanted to keep the same level of security, in terms of hashrate vs. value secured, the cost per tx will need to rise correspondingly. At current tx amounts, that is, without raising the blocksize cap or otherwise increasing throughput, that puts cost per tx at just under 1000 USD.

Even with radically higher numbers of tx, the situation wouldn't be that much better, Security would still suck up about 10% of stored wealth yearly.

So... I'm hoping the halving puts some miners out of business. A reduction in mining costs has to be coming.

Here's a tidbit:

If, per Norway's chart, Bitcoin was to become 1% of M2, that would represent an increase in valuation by a factor of about 139.

If we wanted to keep the same level of security, in terms of hashrate vs. value secured, the cost per tx will need to rise correspondingly. At current tx amounts, that is, without raising the blocksize cap or otherwise increasing throughput, that puts cost per tx at just under 1000 USD.

Even with radically higher numbers of tx, the situation wouldn't be that much better, Security would still suck up about 10% of stored wealth yearly.

So... I'm hoping the halving puts some miners out of business. A reduction in mining costs has to be coming.
Great calculation. I tried the same once on r/bitcoin but was heavily downvoted and rejected.

There is one chart, about cost of transaction, and it shows something like the health of the network. In the beginning of 2013 it was on a alltime-low, 1-2$, and you know what happened after this - a raise from ~10$ to 1000$ ... at the end of 2013 cost for one tx was ~60-70$, now it has gone done to ~6-7$ ... at this capacity every rise of the prize will make the network unhealthy, since it can't be backed by a raising number of transactions.

Fatman3002

Sep 5, 2015
Ok, summer's coming in a couple of months and I want that boat Bitcoin promised me. When are we going to pump the fizzle out of the shizzle?