Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

opsec

Mar 16, 2016
Is there a reason why there's been some major downtime on this site? Bandwidth host problem or some ddos type shit? .. Lurker from other thread but gotta say I've had some issues trying to do the same here.

Reactions: 79b79aa8

opsec

Mar 16, 2016
Last few days it's been down on my mobile and desktop throughout most if not all day most times, throwing a DNS error. I scrolled back through the thread to see what was up but didn't see any chatter about it so figured I'd make acct and ask.

Cconvert2G36

Aug 31, 2015
I haven't had any problems either opsec, fwiw. Prolly a local issue.

Well, we had a pretty weak test of 400, I suppose indecision rules the day until someone wants to make a real splash.

Spent some time setting up a couple rigs to mine ETH to keep the boredom at bay. Who woulda thunk my old collection of dust collecting hardware would get a new lease at life, and an insanely profitable one too. :)

Oblodo

Mar 14, 2016
"I have canceled the transaction and refunded your coins. The error we are receiving is "Transaction too large". Please try splitting the transaction into several smaller withdrawals.

Best regards,

Joshua Anders
Poloniex Support"

He he.. That exchange does not seem to have any whales... What a joke.

But don't feel sorry for me. The LTC are just sausages during butcher season for me. I do not think anyone should take advice from me, I am just lucky I guess. Or at least a bit skilled, but do not trust my advice. I have been around crypto since the start, used my employers 200+ computers to mine BTC in the beginning. I now am my own master. My take is once we get consensus on the block debate, and the banks embraces the blockchain, we will get to 4 digits. The banks can not have blockchain without the token. So I do not stress. Alts are fun to play with, and a nice way to get profit. But I do recommend to play with more than 1 digits in BTC, and never take any risks you can't handle. I am the guy that will leave the blackjack table if I win the first hand. Profits are made if you do not get greedy.

Reactions: Dotto and solex

shmadz

Aug 28, 2015
poeple have gotten huge BTC profits from ETH trading ( some must of been lucky enough to 10X there BTC's ) and now are selling ETH and then selling BTC.
Just for clarity, anyone who bought the initial dispersal got a price of 2000 to 1, or 0.0005 -- if you sell right now at 0.025 that's 50X.

Easy money, and yet, I still have held on to half... Just in case...

Last edited:

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
opsec, i frequently have problems logging in to this site, i get a server down report. i was assuming it was getting DOS'd and everyone was just braving it.

shmadz

Aug 28, 2015
Hi Oblodo. Tinfoil hat warning, but One thing to keep in mind about poloniex, last summer they started enforcing kyc and all that jazz to appease the U.S.regulators. Since I'm only email verified there I can only withdraw up to 2000 USD worth per day (plenty for me btw, I'm just a minnow) - anyways, assuming you have a verification level which allows your withdrawl, I wonder if that "Transaction too large" message could be decoded as " please wait while we file the required suspicious transactions report."

Keep that email, at least you can plead that you were coerced into structuring by an employee of the exchange.

(Tinfoil rant end)

shmadz

Aug 28, 2015
Nice job Richy, if that doesn't work, try and jiggle the handle.

Loving the 3hr charts btw, thanks.

(*edit - anyone else find it annoying that you can't quote some people sometimes on this forum? *)

blackspidy

Mar 14, 2016
Last few days it's been down on my mobile and desktop throughout most if not all day most times, throwing a DNS error. I scrolled back through the thread to see what was up but didn't see any chatter about it so figured I'd make acct and ask.
Same here, I just refresh once or twice, and I'm here. Not much of a hassle, but quite the mild annoyance.

Cconvert2G36

Aug 31, 2015
"I have canceled the transaction and refunded your coins. The error we are receiving is "Transaction too large". Please try splitting the transaction into several smaller withdrawals.

Best regards,

Joshua Anders
Poloniex Support"

He he.. That exchange does not seem to have any whales... What a joke.
The way they phrased that was idiotic. Uh, no, it's not an error... it's your system, programmed as you intended.

Agree with shmadz, definitely keep the email, if only for a future chuckle.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Just came home from the local pub. I tried to explain bitcoin to the guys there. They treat it as a scam. They have been fucked in the ass before. No logic or data is going to convince them. I feel like I give them a ticket to the moon. But they don't want it.

Next time, when bitcoin is suddenly 100 X . They will say "Shit, I should have listened to that guy. But now, it's too late."

And I will tell them once more: This is just the beginning, I can prove it, look at my mathematical models of global currencies.

And again, they don't understand. The next rapid growth will happen. And they think: "Shit, I missed that train too. But that's the way life is."

And then they are right. That's the way life is. Stooopid people are pushed down by nerds.

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
@Norway

you told them about bitcoin, they are not convinced, they might look into it more, price will rise, they will hear about it again from someone else, they look into it more, the more you look into it the more you learn the truth, price goes up more and more and more, and then they see on TV " its time to buy Bitcoins! everyone's buying bitcoins! "
then well then ahahahah they buy into 10X spike and die!

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
Just for clarity, anyone who bought the initial dispersal got a price of 2000 to 1, or 0.0005 -- if you sell right now at 0.025 that's 50X.

Easy money, and yet, I still have held on to half... Just in case...
i keep like 5% "just incase"
you better sell now buddy....
seriously buy it back 50% lower in a matter of days....

JayJuanGee

Sep 29, 2015
Just came home from the local pub. I tried to explain bitcoin to the guys there. They treat it as a scam. They have been fucked in the ass before. No logic or data is going to convince them. I feel like I give them a ticket to the moon. But they don't want it.

Next time, when bitcoin is suddenly 100 X . They will say "Shit, I should have listened to that guy. But now, it's too late."

And I will tell them once more: This is just the beginning, I can prove it, look at my mathematical models of global currencies.

And again, they don't understand. The next rapid growth will happen. And they think: "Shit, I missed that train too. But that's the way life is."

And then they are right. That's the way life is. Stooopid people are pushed down by nerds.

Regarding your conversation with the guys in the bar.... I am with Adam...

Don't worry about it. I am not trying to evangelize anyone; however, there is really no downside in talking about subjects that interest you, so long as you have a somewhat willing audience, and they seem to be engaging with you somewhat.

Yeah, they either may not get it or they may be skeptical, but so what. Just say what you are going to say, and they can believe it or not. The harder you may be seeming to sell them may cause them to become more skeptical.... Just if they are interested in hearing and they are listening, you are willing to tell them about it... and if not, talk about fucking chicks, football or whatever other topics.

Sooner or later, they are going to hear about it and some will come around sooner than others when they realize the importance of it.

Now, regarding your 100x assertion. Are we going to do another 100x? I wonder?

I am kind of anticipating a 10x. But I am not sure when.. probably less than 2 years, but pretty decent chances that another 10x could take place anywhere between 1 month and 18 months, too.

From here, a 10x would place BTC prices in about the $3k to $5k territory, and that seems reasonable. After the 10x, I would expect some kinds of corrections and evben some period of repeated negative news... for possible 6 to 18 months... ... then we go from there... and maybe get the next 10x thereafter...

Surely, we could get two 10x s in a short span of time, and that be 100x and would place BTC prices in the $30k to $50k price territory.....

Seeming a bit "out there" to expect a 100x any time soon (which I understand as being two 10x s)... Surely, the overshoot could be surprising... especially since we have had a couple of years of a relatively down market....

Nonetheless, I have some difficulties just maintaining my imagination of one 10x at a time.... rather than your describing a 100x to be anytime soon or to come all at once... It's not 2013 anymore...

Call me pessimistic. :p:p

Reactions: Norway

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Nice job Richy, if that doesn't work, try and jiggle the handle.

Loving the 3hr charts btw, thanks.

(*edit - anyone else find it annoying that you can't quote some people sometimes on this forum? *)
You can't if it's the post above yours - a little annoying you may be able to highlight and quote text on some OS's on my old Android I just use [ quote ]

If you just reply it reads just the same for us users.

Reactions: Bloomie

yrral86

Sep 4, 2015
Same here, I just refresh once or twice, and I'm here. Not much of a hassle, but quite the mild annoyance.
DNS is the protocol to turn the domain name (bitco.in) into the actual server address. A DNS error is not a problem with the bitco.in server, it is an error caused by your ISP's DNS servers. If your ISP's DNS is unreliable, there are many publicly available DNS servers. For instance, you can use google DNS server at 8.8.8.8.