Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

julian072

Mar 13, 2016
NL
Good idea. Just close the thread when your ban ends. It's a) not needed anymore because it's continuing here, and b) not really fair for bitcointalk to have such an immensely popular thread if they choose to ban its topic starter.

Reactions: soullyG

Dotto

Mar 14, 2016
Hahaha, It would be kind of satoshi dumping his stack, but OTOH, it would fuck a lot of people sig ads, hero members becoming newbies, etc and would erase such a unique part of the history. I guess is better to just build something better here, so that place gets beautifully obsolete

hedgewizard

Mar 14, 2016
As an aside, it's a good time to ask for feature requests. I plan to start marking classic and BIP101 blocks.
I would prefer the dark background. Thanks for your work regardless. The reason why I ask is because I made (c/p) a "dark" theme for this forum on userstyles.org

BTW if anyone who knows CSS could edit the theme to fix the white spaces I cannot seem to find in my copy/pasted theme I would appreciate the reupload. Otherwise maybe the forum could make a toggle in the preferences

Reactions: soullyG

Fatman3002

Sep 5, 2015
A representative for BCT came to defend the ban in the Gold thread. Make of it what you will, but it seems like running the WO-thread over there might become a tedious cat and mouse game.

I'm a grown man who wants to talk shit without some pimple-faced 20 year old deleting my posts. If that means I have to fap to gay old geezer pr0n and laught at JJGs incomprehensible jokes (not sure if they're supposed to be jokes though), then so be it.

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
A representative for BCT came to defend the ban in the Gold thread. Make of it what you will, but it seems like running the WO-thread over there might become a tedious cat and mouse game.

I'm a grown man who wants to talk shit without some pimple-faced 20 year old deleting my posts. If that means I have to fap to gay old geezer pr0n and laught at JJGs incomprehensible jokes (not sure if they're supposed to be jokes though), then so be it.
Yeah, Adam's posting style has always been a little off-the-wall but fairly consistent. It's just coincidental his ban is shortly after he makes a thread about raising the block size limit? The amount of double-think going on to justify censorship from the Theymos crowd is staggering.

ladoga

Sep 17, 2015
Yay! So many cool people here.

I've been lurking and reading BCT Wall Observer from mid 2013 on, but stopped following it when the censorship at BCT became obvious about half a year ago.

JimboToronto

Oct 2, 2015
A late good morning Bitcoinland (still can't get used to daylight saving time starting so early).

After all these months it seems like this place is finally reaching critical mass. I guess all it took was Theymos' ill-advised banning of Adam.

Richy was already primed to make the move and Adam getting banned appears to be the last straw. With the loss of first the OP/self-moderator and then the most frequent contributor to the biggest thread over there, it seems like the floodgates have opened. Look at all the new accounts here with less than 2 days. Wow. The little bump in new memberships last September/October was nothing compared to this.

Meanwhile, we continue to go sideways. Ho hum. Mocha-Java required. :cool: