Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spiderbrain

Mar 14, 2016
It's a lot of sideways at the moment, but sideways has often been a good sign with bitcoin. So great to see all the reasonable people jumping ship, long may we sail! Also, I vote for a poll on the old WO about what percentage of users will stay on BcT rather than moving.

Reactions: Amnesia

Cconvert2G36

Aug 31, 2015
This is starting to feel like the old W.O. from yesteryear, so many familiar avatars, much fewer barely coherent sig farmers. :)

What are people's thoughts on the trading dynamic for the halving? It almost feels like that euphoric run to 502 was the FOMO rally, now everyone has coins in hand for an event that might have already happened. Will the decreased rate of new coin supply be counteracted by the speculators that have loaded up expecting it to go differently? If so, for how long? Once the inflation rate is locked in for another ~4 years, what is the incentive to continue buying?

The worst thing about this BS/Core mess is that it is altering and suppressing future expectations. 1 BTC isn't worth $400 because of what it is today, it's a bet on what it could be in the future. We've seen fees go from ~12 sat/byte to now regularly over 30 sat/byte, in the space of a few weeks. Who wants to invest in the future of a system that has already capped its future potential and utility? All while young and unencumbered competitors are snapping at our ankles...

I haven't abandoned all hope, there's a good chance that the economic incentives that lie at the heart of the system will give us a course correction. It's sometimes difficult to hold a positive view lately, but seeing so many of us toss off the specter of politically motivated "moderation" has certainly helped. This game isn't over yet.

rebuilder

Mar 14, 2016
So apparently I have to reply here to unset email notifications for this thread, since that box was ticked before I changed the option in my account settings.

arklan

Mar 14, 2016
DFW, tx
so what, the chit chat while we watch the price thread is moving here?

if you can't tell, i'm arklan from bitcointalk. not that i should need to prove that, since there's no loans or anything over here.

...and why is that anyway?

Kurious

Mar 14, 2016
A forum which suddenly heavy-handedly, arbitrarily, and probably politically in my opinion - bans the person responsible for the legendary WO thread; the longest and best known forum thread on Bitcoin in the dawning of the whole cryptocurrency era.. has lost its way.

It has also lost my respect, as it has fundamentally forgotten what the idea of a cryptocurrency was designed to achieve and what the WO thread was a cheerleader for.

Bitcoin is surely about the aspiration that ordinary people might be able to control, keep and transfer personal wealth in a way that is beyond restrictions, across borders and without the need for trust in a third party.

The WO is a history of the early days of Bitcoin, a sociological document of the history of what may ultimately be a massive change in the way money works.

Adam's thread is legendary because it was an open and trusted forum for all comers, for all opinions. And for trains, for rockets, for bear and bull memes, for questionable double bottom pictures and even the likes of Lambie (bless her).

To attempt to muzzle, to excommunicate the creator of a popular and much loved thread which was on a forum supposedly about celebrating a freedom from outside control is ironic, to say the least. For me, it is offensive.

I have been watching the thread since Early 2013 but if Adam has been banned from the forum that hosts his thread, I have no desire to wait to see who is officially 'annointed' as his replacement.

It's the end of an era - but I hope the spirit of the WO thread can live on outside BCT and I hope Adam can either have his own thread somewhere else or become the mod of one suitable for his status as a total fucking legend.

arklan

Mar 14, 2016
DFW, tx
from what i heard the ba was a temporary ten day, but yea... it smacks of underlying troubles.

also, wait - lambie's a girl? huh. well ok then.
[doublepost=1457996319][/doublepost]oh and adam, fyi, your ...requested post... was copied over to bitcointalk. not by me, mind. but i did see it there.

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
yes its only 10days

but this was said

Lauda (mod)
The ban was suggested by a moderator that is neutral to the debate (has not voiced his opinion; few have actually) and it was ACK'd by several others. Stop this useless propaganda and ad hominem. The ban was well deserved.
jbreher
Will the nature of the offense be shared with the forum's user base?
Lauda
It can be, I guess. It seems rather quite obvious and long overdue. However, I don't feel like we should be derailing the thread like this. OP will be back after his ban, if he chooses to come back that is.

I'm not going back... I dont feel welcomed there, if anything once i get unbanned i'm going to go there to PM people suggesting to come this forum for their bitcoin discussion needs.

JimboToronto

Oct 2, 2015
It's a lot of sideways at the moment, but sideways has often been a good sign with bitcoin. So great to see all the reasonable people jumping ship, long may we sail! Also, I vote for a poll on the old WO about what percentage of users will stay on BcT rather than moving.
Don't forget to offer an option for those who will continue to use both.

Fatman3002

Sep 5, 2015
@Cconvert2G36 BTC is useful today, ETH might potentially be useful tomorrow. BTC deserves a solid bump up in market cap. Soon (I hope, really, really).

@rebuilder I turned everything off. The notifications are a bit looney here.

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
what a crock. you're one of the few people keeping that place active, to my eyes. so little USEFUL discussion there in any thread.
bitcointalk banned me because i was to much of an annoyance to them.
bitcointalk doesn't want a forum where REAL discussion takes place.
bitcointalk wants to put on a sock puppet show, in order to sway public opinion.

let them have their sock puppet show.
we can have genuine decision here.
[doublepost=1457999294,1457998352][/doublepost]I have to stop thinking about the shithole that is bitcointalk, it makes me so angry

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
The huge runup in eth with no down in btc tells you what? I think 2 possibilities: 1. There is no volume behind it which means big crash coming. 2. Someone is buying up the sold btc...

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
@Cconvert2G36 BTC is useful today, ETH might potentially be useful tomorrow. BTC deserves a solid bump up in market cap. Soon (I hope, really, really).

@rebuilder I turned everything off. The notifications are a bit looney here.
it kinda looks like the ETH bubble has popped ( ETH @ 0.02x now, i wouldn't touch until at least 0.01x ). not sure this means much for BTC. BTC price is very relevant to ETH, but ETH price isn't much of a factor for BTC

yrral86

Sep 4, 2015
For you Adam, and for many others who have been burned by BCT, /r/bitcoin, Blockstream, and/or Core.

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016

If we can't break above 420 soon we might see some really cheap coins, probably <390.
I was hoping to get chance to go back to ALL IN before segwit, kinda hoping this is it.

Reactions: Dotto

Fatman3002

Sep 5, 2015
This one's for the BCT mods:

[doublepost=1458002477,1458001677][/doublepost]
it kinda looks like the ETH bubble has popped ( ETH @ 0.02x now, i wouldn't touch until at least 0.01x ). not sure this means much for BTC. BTC price is very relevant to ETH, but ETH price isn't much of a factor for BTC
I'm not sure if it has popped. But I'm pretty sure I won't be trading it before it settles. There's a lot of people getting f****d over and I'm pretty sure I'd be on the receiving end if tried. If it goes below 0.01 I'll start accumulating.

Reactions: Andre#

blackspidy

Mar 14, 2016
The time of cheap bitcoins has already passed, at least for what's to come soon-ish. So far, after their first halving, both bitcoin and litecoin have settled at about double the price they were respectively trading at 6 months before the halving.

For litecoin, it was $1.50 to $3.10... for bitcoin it was $5 to $15, but keep in mind these two results are separated by 4 year's worth of market change. And they are both different cryptos. But still, considerable changes in the price, and a maintained one, too.

Bitcoin has been trading above $340 since December first of last year. I'd say we'll be trading above $700 by newyear's day.

Reactions: Dotto

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Yeah, Adam's posting style has always been a little off-the-wall but fairly consistent. It's just coincidental his ban is shortly after he makes a thread about raising the block size limit? The amount of double-think going on to justify censorship from the Theymos crowd is staggering.
In all honestly his 2MB thread was the best thread I've seen @adamstgbit used colours to highlight the counter points and nullify the discredited one's. It's a bit like wack-a-mole but Adam made progress.

Last edited:

JayJuanGee

Sep 29, 2015

If we can't break above 420 soon we might see some really cheap coins, probably <390.
I was hoping to get chance to go back to ALL IN before segwit, kinda hoping this is it.

I kind of wing these kinds of allocation matters a bit, and in these price ranges (and due to the overall costs of my BTC portfolio), I have been aiming for 95% BTC and 5% fiat... however, I still have not quite recovered from the move down to $382, therefore I'm still about 96.3% BTC... so up would be good for me in order to shed a few BTC to get to the 95% arena.

Nonetheless, at the moment, I don't really have a problem if prices were to go down into the upper $300s territory and I end up in the 98% BTC territory (even though I personally prefer up).... .

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
I'm not sure if it has popped. But I'm pretty sure I won't be trading it before it settles. There's a lot of people getting f****d over and I'm pretty sure I'd be on the receiving end if tried. If it goes below 0.01 I'll start accumulating.
i'd bet pretty good money the ETH bubble popped...

>0.04 would be such an obvious short...