Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lebing

Nov 18, 2015
SF bay area
My biggest concern is that when the fork happens Core devs will ragequit and there will be noone there to pick up the bag and implement the changes necessary to make sure we don't need to keep implementing more cap raises. I know many of you guys here think that is not such a big deal, but I would very much prefer to keep the cap as low as possible for as long as possible and plan gmax laid out is solid, just not quick enough.

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
We'll be fine. These core devs aren't rock stars there's 1000 others who can do the same.

Reactions: freetrader

JVWVU

Oct 10, 2015
My biggest concern is that when the fork happens Core devs will ragequit and there will be noone there to pick up the bag and implement the changes necessary to make sure we don't need to keep implementing more cap raises. I know many of you guys here think that is not such a big deal, but I would very much prefer to keep the cap as low as possible for as long as possible and plan gmax laid out is solid, just not quick enough.
And dont be naive Blockstream isnt going to walk away from $21 M and the Devs arent going to walk away from Bitcoin. Its a Mexican Standoff and the use realized that their is now more of us that are unionized and willing to pull trigger.

And in 18 months if Classic gets control and proposes to something we dont like then we head back to Core if they implemented Classic 1

http://hitormiss.yolasite.com/resources/MexicanStandoff.jpg

soullyG

Sep 7, 2015
Kraken just acquired Coinsetter, which means they are now able to operate in (some parts of) the US:

As a result of the undisclosed deal, Kraken’s exchange will now be available in 37 US states as well as all 10 Canadian provinces. Coinsetter had previously acquired Canadian bitcoin exchange CAVirtex in April, months after it would close citing security concerns.

soullyG

Sep 7, 2015
@Norway just for a move up or down, we had been so stable the last few days that something was bound to happen - thankfully it was only a $15 drop! When's Classic RC1 coming out?

Erdogan

Aug 30, 2015
Everything, except price, develops in a happy direction.
[doublepost=1454200557][/doublepost]Hash rate, according to bitcoinwisdom, just passed 1 000 000 000 GH/s.

That should be 1 EH/s (exahash per second).

Last edited: