Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Erdogan

Aug 30, 2015
The dangerous part of this flatlining, is that people feel more and more safe, therefore lever up. Short or long. Then some day, out of the blue sky, a flash crash (or a flash spike).

soullyG

Sep 7, 2015
Dumps over the last few days have had very little effect so I think we are going back up in the short term..not sure for how long, but if we manage to confidently push up above $400 and stay there then moon is coming sooner rather than later

Edit: just went from $374 to $384 on Bitfinex in about 30 seconds...

Last edited:

molecular

Aug 31, 2015
there's a wall observer thread here?!? ffs, where have I been ;)
[doublepost=1454617456][/doublepost]
Bitcoin is the world, free market, pure, practical sound money that we want.
fuck yeah!

people tend to forget that with all the blockchain technology hype.

Banks use blockchain tech for whatever the fuck they use it for.

I use blockchain tech for sound money.

In other words: Money is blockchain tech's killer app.

Thought I'd post this cause I liked how we got stopped by that upper line there (which I had drawn earlier). Maybe we just pause here for a couple of days and then attack the next one at $450...

[doublepost=1454617992,1454617325][/doublepost]
The dangerous part of this flatlining, is that people feel more and more safe, therefore lever up. Short or long. Then some day, out of the blue sky, a flash crash (or a flash spike).
good call.

IMALLIN

Feb 5, 2016
What's peoples take on the bitcoin price 2016? Is this blocksize debate going to ruin the coming halving bubble or are we still ready to go? What do you think? I would really love it if we could find a solution asap but my guess it won't happen?

molecular

Aug 31, 2015
What's peoples take on the bitcoin price 2016? Is this blocksize debate going to ruin the coming halving bubble or are we still ready to go? What do you think? I would really love it if we could find a solution asap but my guess it won't happen?
my take: there will be 2 trains. One before, one after. Some might think November rallye was already the "pricing in train", but I think it's delayed due to blocksize debate. It's a slow train, but volatile. It'll take us above $500 (maybe well above) but probably not above $1000.

Then the halving will happen without any extraordinary price movement.

Then fall will come, maybe even Christmas, who knows, maybe it takes even longer and it will be Q1 2017. We will see the real (completely underestimated) effect of the halfing and it will suprise almost everyone: a wild rally to new highs. Another crazy prediction: most will attribute it to something other than the halving, which will be long forgotten by then.

Nice story, I know. Let's see how far from reality it is...

Oh, and another thing: I think the immediate effects (on price) of any (or no) outcome to the blocksize debate are being overrated currently. Here's another wild theory: all this shit is partly being staged to get early adopters to sell their stashes ;)

Erdogan

Aug 30, 2015
Early adoptors? We are the good knights, riding on white horses, coming to the rescue of the worthy needing victims of the fiat money scam, at the apocalypse of the unnecessary evil of the state.
[doublepost=1454720208][/doublepost]Or maybe I am just too humble.

Erdogan

Aug 30, 2015
When the market believes that 2 MB blocks have some chance to come about (classic nodes, miners), we will have a sudden hike in price. Not when we know that sufficient miners are on board, before that, when people think it is possible.

Erdogan

Aug 30, 2015
Ok we are mooning- Thought you should know. (I am probably the only one looking on bitcoinwisdom, lol).

Matthew Light

Dec 25, 2015
BTC is up last two days because market hates uncertainty and the blocksize war is now over.

Core has won, will drip and drab out token morsels of blockspace increase in its own timeframe on its own terms, and in their mind anyone who wants more is a spammer and should go use some altcoin (actual words written to me by the pre-eminent Bitcoin Core developer).

Bitcoin is Adam Back's plaything, those who want a peer-to-peer electronic cash system instead of a limited, expensive settlement system need to move on. The future of the Bitcoin network is stagnation and eventual price declines as the lack of growth sends the network effect elsewhere. I honestly don't see that as a bad thing - a huge number of Bitcoin whales show no vision or common sense, and having their fortune dwindle in relevance as they cling to what is rapidly becoming an altcoin is just deserts.

My 2 cents, harsh but honest.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
BTC is up last two days because market hates uncertainty and the blocksize war is now over.
IMO it's premature to declare the fight over as soon as the first few punches have been thrown, and all participants are clearly still standing and not even bruised.

The referee (FEE EVENT) hasn't even announced himself - if and when he does, we will see major movements in fee price and valuation of Bitcoin.