Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lebing

Nov 18, 2015
SF bay area
If we go lower than 420 that will be bad. I don't think that will happen though. Probably just another test of the trendline and continuation of the triangle pattern for awhile.

Reactions: soullyG

Erdogan

Aug 30, 2015
Number of shorts creeping up on Bitfinex, more fuel for the fire
Upwards, it seems. That's nice.
[doublepost=1452134063][/doublepost]Surprising! Nobody could see that!
[doublepost=1452134149,1452133470][/doublepost]The market thinks the block size controversy is settled.

soullyG

Sep 7, 2015
I love waking up and seeing the price $20 up from last night :D

@Matthew Light a similar thing happened a couple of weeks ago, it looked like they borrowed the volume bot from one of the Chinese exchanges!

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
I love waking up and seeing the price $20 up from last night :D

@Matthew Light a similar thing happened a couple of weeks ago, it looked like they borrowed the volume bot from one of the Chinese exchanges!
there's a simple solution.

just don't sleep.

soullyG

Sep 7, 2015
Yep, definitely the news from China making an impact, I wonder what will happen tonight?

Next 24 hours are critical.. ;)

Fatman3002

Sep 5, 2015
Soooo... How far do you guyz think this thing will drop? I was expecting 10-15% from $445, so I reckon between here and $380. This was before the Mike Megaragequit tho...

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
Looking at the 6 month chart, a retest of (very roughly) the 350-380 area seems like a nice consolidation to do because the market hasn't solidified that very much yet after the rather one-sided run up to 500.

This could be like the pirate@40 dip in mid-2012, which also came a few months before a halving. One last little shake off in preparation for the big launch. It does seem to suggest a big launch is still a couple months out, but a quick reversion to the mid-400s or higher wouldn't surprise me.

Besides day traders just riding the short-term sentiment, whoever is selling due to Mike's statement both hasn't been paying attention and doesn't understand the dynamics at play; if this is due to Mike (rather than merely an excuse for a needed consolidation), it demonstrates definitively that the blocksize issue has been weighing down the market, which is bullish because of how easily that can be resolved. When the first 1.1MB block is mined, all that gets flipped into rocket fuel.

I've noticed that large contingents on both sides of the debate haven't hesitated to use FUD as leverage to make their points. Relentlessly, for months. That eventually results in a large dark cloud hanging over the market, which is entirely composed of faux pessimism. A big bearish illusion. That's what investing is all about: identifying when others are under a bullish/bearish illusion and selling/buying before everyone figures it out, while prices are still high/low.

Here we have a clear mechanism and reason for why there is widespread accentuation of the negative and ignoral of the positives - like how many different huge optimizations such as thin/weak/subchained blocks are around the corner and how fragile the Theymosian empire and Core itself is right now, with 1/3 of discussion already moved off the subreddit and BCT long since largely a wasteland while XT and now BU have shifted the whole conversation fundamentally and Classic is running it into the endzone.

It's rare to have such a clear signal; it's the kind of obvious clear-cut situation investors dream of finding. A gigantic paper tiger looms, a few people realize and acknowledge there is nothing to fear but the vast majority have no motivation to accentuate that as it weakens the force of their latest volley of blocksize arguments or Theymos/GavinMikeJeff hate. Optimism is boring, pessimism is in. What more signal could you want as an investor that now is the time to buy?

This dip could be the very last great buying op. Think how this will look when the first >1MB block is mined right on schedule and the chart of blocksize shows minimal or no blockage actually existed. It would show all this fretting over fake barriers was unwarranted, Bitcoin does what it wants, and will scale. It suddenly turns into a race to front-run the unwinding of all that downside. Oh and there's the halving.

EDIT: Redditized: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/413ph6/time_to_back_up_the_truck/

Last edited:

Erdogan

Aug 30, 2015
I think the first bigblock will come at or before Jan31, and that it is not being orphaned.

soullyG

Sep 7, 2015
We went down about as much as expected but volume has dropped off a lot after the big dumps yesterday, if we can stay above $350 till after chinese new year and the volume picks up then 2016 is off to a good start.

I feel like the blocksize debate is beginning to come to a head, there seems to be growing consensus that something needs to be done and the hostility between "cripplecoiners" and "blocktards" (ugh) is more restrained than usual.

Still bullish as fuck :cool:

Last edited: