Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inca

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
The price survived first pullback and has drifted back up from 307 to the 320's, in the process wiping away yet another opportunity by retail traders to short bitcoin. Shorts remain above 20k which is interesting since we know that 8k of that has opened in this price region and will close if the price challenges the previous highs in the 330's, probably propelling us towards the upper 3xx's in the process.

Let's see what the next week brings. Breaching 320 across the exchanges was a clear technical green light that the price can now break upwards.

If one were to believe that 2014 was a bear market engineered to allow new market participants with deep pockets to acquire a significant bitcoin position, then what follows is a setup to allow them to a) increase the value of their paper holdings and b) allow them to get out the market at a much higher price.

I believe the halving will be the springboard for the next bubble. It is tempting to believe that the presence of leveraged shorting will diminish such a price surge. But bitcoin is still constrained by the same wonderful limited supply that means that if demand vastly exceeds on-exchange supply then the price must explode.

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
we just crushed through 2400 (CNY) like it wasn't even there. from 2370 to 2439 in about 2 minutes

Reactions: AdrianX and Norway

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
That Economist article is dynamite. There are loads of multi-millionaires who have been skeptical about the validity of this tech, and the hype, but are as prone to FOMO as the rest of us. They might not read Nature but they do read the Economist.

Those aren't blocks. They are buyers! :)

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
MINI POLL:

How many minutes until $400 at Bitfinex?

a) 1 minute
b) 2 minutes
c) 3-5 minutes
d) >5 minutes

--- Poll finished ---
The answer was d)

Last edited:
Reactions: Inca

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
I've been posting this chart for a few months now, since it shows such a remarkable correlation. Seems it worked again...and from the looks of it the price could go very, very high from here.

Reactions: Norway

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
$400!
(Finally, I can go and take that dump!)​
You expect us to believe you don't have a goddamn phone? ;)

My dumps take twice as long now using just one hand while cheering.

Last edited:
Reactions: AdrianX and Norway