Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
The world would be very surprised if the Federal Reserve lower the interest rate or announce a new QE in a couple of hours. I wouldn't. Because money junkies just want more. And more. And....

EDIT:
Challenge: What do you think will happen? (Answer before the announcement)

Last edited:

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
C'mon guys. 1 more hour to guess Yellen's moves. Hindsight is for loosers ;)

Inca

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
They can't raise rates, so they won't raise rates.

If markets crash they just buy them back up. It is an open secret central banks are actively buying and interfering in all major traded markets. It wouldn't surprise me if they have a presence or have cheaply accumulated a large position (to quell the market if necessary) in bitcoin already. Why wouldn't they?

We just have to breach the last high and take out 320. If we get there then 15000 shorts burn and it will be fireworks time - we could get some uncontrolled buying and a nice mania forming.

Reactions: Norway

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@Inca Too bad you came too late to guess the outcome of Fed's decision today.

My next prediction: Rate going down or more QE before the meltdown. The rate is not going up! ;)

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@chmod755
Lol, you have a point. But bitcoin have an important aspect that is very much related to Fed's decisions. Monetary policy.

The ability to not be printed at free will by those who gain from it. Lowering rates and QE have the same consequence: More fiat printed.

Bitcoin is the cure to this disease. It's the small life raft next to Titanic.

Reactions: solex

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
United States Marshals Service will be happy about the exchange rate if it stays or goes even higher.
US Marshals are probably going to sell to CIA (or another "service" in US) like they did last time. Because it's magical, anonymous super-money.

http://www.coindesk.com/secretive-mining-firm-revealed-as-possible-us-marshals-auction-winner/

I can't prove it's true. But the only entity that knew who "Cumberland Mining and Materials LLC" were was US Marshals...

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@chmod755
So you know that some cryptographic procedures has happpened involving bitcoiners and W Eric Saraneki.

Who is the person controling the private key for receiving that transaction? Do you mean the company 21 Inc, CEO Balaji or what? Why would 21 buy bitcoin?
[doublepost=1446089568,1446088497][/doublepost]Agressive dumping, but the price keep rising! Just one thing knocking my head. No party in this thread.... Should I stay.... Should I go....
[doublepost=1446089804][/doublepost]I don't want to be a primadonna. I have to quit this thread. Maybe join the gold thread on this URL. Where it all started. Or bitcoin.com. Or both :)

EDIT: BUT NO FUCKING THEYMOS FORUM!!!! :cool:

Last edited:

sickpig

Aug 28, 2015
@Bagatell all those destroyed day and almost no effect on the current up-trend. bullish, isn't it?

Ivanhoe

Aug 28, 2015
Amsterdam
For me days destroyed is too uncertain as an indicator. There are just so many scenario's possible. Can be just someone who changes his old cold storage address to a new one.

sickpig

Aug 28, 2015
@Ivanhoe right you're. There's no certainty about the motive, source and destination of the "just-waken-up" coins. we're just speculating after all :)

Reactions: Norway and Ivanhoe

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
somebody just ate the 1k+ bitstamp wall at 310 with a 1500 coin buy, and then somebody else market sold into that down to 307! Traders gotta trade I guess...

EDIT: then build the sell wall back up to 1k, for a minute or two, then freaked out and removed it I guess; now just 100 BTC to 313

Reactions: Norway

Inca

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
Cypher has posted the chart on his economy thread but we have taken out the previous high on finex so 'technically' we are all systems go.

Someone has shorted 5k additional contracts to add to a losing position on bitfinex and stem the rise. It remains to be seen if this is a market maker who can move the price down or someone who is soon to learn that you cannot fight the market!

Reactions: solex and Norway