Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
Well, Core has successfully manipulated the community from a 'hardfork for larger blocks is a no-brainer' stance to a massive divide - granted, they basically exploited the gullible noobs that arrived hordes in Bitcoin's first maybe-not-so-eternal September, and they added some paid trolls - but still. Things have shifted by massive amount, without any facts changing. Do yo remember the good old times?

I am not certain that they won't manage to 'hold the community together' (as they are going to spin it) while this ship sinks and spin everything as if Classic is responsible for the havoc... you simply have to admit, they are masters at it, and /u/theymos certainly learned his lessons from Goebbels.

An additional hardfork/spin-off a'la @rocks is a good idea to get off the ground in any case - also to save the ledger, in case cryptocurrency has another chance after the expected meltdown of the whole space.

Where is that guy, by the way?

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
@cypherdoc: One sane guy less. And I certainly miss him as well.

@Justus Ranvier: Still has his account here, but deleted on reddit. Not a good sign either.

/u/hellobitcoinworld: Left.

As a corollary, the idiot density in Bitcoin is increasing, because I only see retarded 'Core-is-the-best' cheering from the smallblockers. This is a self-reinforcing process.

This is not good at all.

@Jihan: This is the effect of your inaction and you guys schmoozing with Core. You might be the most sane of the folks and have been genuinely misled - however, have a look at the damage. We are drifting towards an intellectual monoculture of idiocy in Bitcoin.

Led by our beloved genius Gregory.

Last edited:

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Do yo remember the good old times?
I got in with a small amount in may 2014 and had the quick burst up. Then I bought all the way down the rest of that year, before it went sideways in 2015. Now, I'm at about 2x, but still, it was a lot more fun going down and sideways than the current situation.

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
@Norway: Ah, ok, I see, I have been around longer. Followed the discussions on /r/Bitcoin when it was still a nice place (Never got the hang of BCT). As I said, blocksize really was a no-brainer (I guess you could confirm @cypherdoc?), with the occasional guy complaining about chain disk size (no one I remember back then really arguing about bandwidth, btw...)

Made my account on reddit just when I started to smell the bullshitting around maxblocksize.

The sentiment was totally different. I think even early 2015, it was still a lot different, as you probably agree.

This is a prime example of successful mass manipulation. Who is in the end behind it? I don't know. Could well be only Greg, theymos and their minions.

But it is impressive and sad at the same time.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Reactions: AdrianX

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Who is in the end behind it? I don't know. Could well be only Greg, theymos and their minions.
I doubt it's got anything to do with Greg and the other guys personalitys or their greed. They are just tools for a stronger power.

Just follow the fiat, as deepthroat said in "Watergate" ;)

Last edited:

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Isn't it funny, Greg regarding ntimelocks:

- Large transactions are an attack vector due to long O(n^2) validation times.

- Large (unconfirmed, 0-conf!) transactions are of utmost importance for the justice and health of the Bitcoin system.

Which one is it, Greg? I know you're reading this...
@awemany are both those quotes genuinely attributed to Gmax?

if so he needs circumstantial support to justify each he's done F-ing done with Bitcoin - his credibility will biging to resemble LukeJr who thinks blocks are not full and should be reduced to 100k .

Reactions: VeritasSapere

satoshis_sockpuppet

Feb 22, 2016
absolutely none except no one would leave altogether unless they no longer had any motivation to stay.
But the timing is weird, he left very shortly before his planned PoW fork should have activated.
Why did he do all this work and then gave up without any fundamental change?
I hope he is alright.

As I said, blocksize really was a no-brainer (I guess you could confirm @cypherdoc?), with the occasional guy complaining about chain disk size (no one I remember back then really arguing about bandwidth, btw...)
I'm not sure when it started but I had an old account on Bitcointalk (don't remember the nick) where I got on peoples nerves by complaining about the blocksize limit 2-3 years ago. Must have been ~2013 IIRC. And people were either responding "that's not going to be a problem" (oh yeah!) or "someday we will just change it" but there was already a minority of small-blockists back then.
Certainly not in the early years, which I didn't witness, but even Pieter Wuille was arguing for 100 MB blocks...

Wasn't the whole "lightning is the next big thing" story the real afterburner for the small block fraction?

As a corollary, the idiot density in Bitcoin is increasing, because I only see retarted 'Core-is-the-best' cheering from the smallblockers. This is a self-reinforcing process.
That trend is more frightening than Ethereum price or stucked transactions.. On the other hand, shouldn't the money (== power) be more in the hands of early adopters who seem to tend more towards bigger blocks? (At least that's my impression) Are 100 consensified new users with 100 btc total more powerful than an early adopter with 10k coins?

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
i'm sure @rocks sold out; @ ~400. too bad. he could've timed it better.

i do miss him.
Never sell out, just hedge the probabilities and adjust the portfolio. (that's a lesson learned the hard way.)

it would be sad if @rocks has sold out he's made a great contribution to this thread. (btw he took a little hiatus before joining this forum)

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
That trend is more frightening than Ethereum price or stucked transactions.. On the other hand, shouldn't the money (== power) be more in the hands of early adopters who seem to tend more towards bigger blocks? (At least that's my impression) Are 100 consensified new users with 100 btc total more powerful than an early adopter with 10k coins?
@satoshis_sockpuppet : Yes, you'd certainly think so. I think we urgently need to organize a Bitcoin-wide POS vote to stop this train wreck from happening and I just posted a similar argument to reddit.

All the big fish, HostFat, BtcLoaded, AAp, MemoryDealers, AnarchyStar, Falkvinge(?), ... they need to get together ASAP and pressure the rest into making a large binding POS vote now.

That's about the last chance I see to avoid the looming trainwreck.

I do think there is a huge disconnect now between BTC holders and what the self-elected wizards do.

It isn't helped by sites like bitcoinocracy.com, which shows a tipping towards core, but I bet that is only because people with large holdings are so far are simply lot more careful with their money and do not bother with it, as it is just an unofficial channel not really taken serious by either the Core or classic side.

Greg, slimy as usual, at the same time says that vote isn't worth anything but still likes to rub it into the face of bigblockers that it is tipping towards Core policies ATM.

(Note that bigblocker btc_loaded, owner of AFAIR proven 150kBTC, dwarfs any amount that is currently 'voting' on bitcoinocracy.com so clearly puts the validity of the current 'result' into question)

I think we really need to get something POS like going. We need to make it 'official' enough - and need @Jihan or another big pool on our side - to really figure out what is going on.

I think at least the classic side should strongly push for such an agreement.
[doublepost=1464382813][/doublepost]
<Image removed for sanity reasons>
Yuck.

Last edited:

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
@Norway

This is a prime example of successful mass manipulation. Who is in the end behind it? I don't know. Could well be only Greg, theymos and their minions.

But it is impressive and sad at the same time.
i dont think its as bad as it looks @Inca was going to do some analysis, I suspect r/btc is the place where discussion happens, and r/bitcoin is the place for Bitcoin cat videos.