Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Toomim, oh brother.

otoh, how can you argue with a new all time high? big blocks are waking up.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
apparently you can buy BSV on Robinhood. if millenials continue to jack up its price, how long will other exchanges be able to ignore their profits?

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
And we're back... that's a relief,
Post automatically merged:

When asked why actual cash formed only a tiny part of the total reserves, Tether's general counsel Stuart Hoegner told The Block that it is "misleading to focus exclusively on cash" within the cash and cash equivalents category.

Last edited:
Reactions: bitsko and Bloomie

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Yes, Elon's tweet made me wonder who Elon bought his Bitcoin from, obviously an OTC trage given the amount reported, and if they were tulip trust related then they would come with the responsible disclosure guidelines (assuming CSW and co. call BTC BTC and not Bitcoin.)

Leading me to wonder if he also bought BTC, BSV and BCH as a whole bitcoin?

The above sort of coincided with the Billionaire reply guy and CSW's change in sentiment, eg we've changed our tune on BTC from Calvin in one of his videos and CSW it'd be irresponsible to dump BTC and cause lots of people to lose money in one of his videos.

Who knows. the >1% was touching, leaving just BSV in the mix, not even DOGE comes close.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
What the hell happened?

Reactions: Zarathustra

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
The BU officers have created a new forum for BU related discussions.

And next BU Vote: 4-9 June 2021

...and so it begins afresh, the need to increase the block size on the BTC chain emerges again, but with out the support and with a convoluted segwit block weight. (like gigital data limits have a mass or somthing)

The homepage is down already.

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
@cypherdoc There was no explanation, but I think they're in a conflict with a former licensee who is using litigation to wrestle registrant accounts away from competitors, and we got caught in the crossfire. Probably best not to badmouth the Indian registry too much because it's quasi-governmental and highly bureaucratic (they demanded that I snail-mail notarized sworn statements to India last year).

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
The homepage is down already.
It's back up.

Bitcoin8m core is simply a modified version of bitcoin core to start accepting block of weight up to 8 times the regular MAX_BLOCK_WEIGHT (which is defined at 4000000)
This only helps if you are filling blocks with large signatures as only this part is outside of the canonical 1MB size.
I don't think it will help much with the current fee situation.

Anyways I agree with the sentiment that this is dead on arrival.

Last edited:
Reactions: bitsko and AdrianX

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
Elon Musk just realized what the #Bitcoin big blockers have been saying since 2015.

"[..]100X higher transaction volume with 100X lower fees means total fees earned stay same. Low fees & high volume are needed to become currency of Earth."

Welcome Elon!

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
looks to me like a bitcoin fork project is a nonstarter for elon, who has just discovered dogecoin and is here to fix it.

Reactions: 79b79aa8

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
If i wasnt personally vested in a bitcoin fork product, I dont think be able to tell the difference between a nano, xrp or bsv replyguy on twitter.

I dont buy steaks from the guy who knocks on my door, and to the wider world bsv has no credibility similar to a fly by night meat truck vendor

its kinda funny that bsv has a billionaire replyguy showing next to all those other randos with a bag to sell