Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
toomin can be a bit of an idiot, but he's mostly correct except for this "And it's also misleading to compute the second factor -- transactions per second " you can amortize the energy used by the network by transaction capacity if you want. It's the total capacity that counts. It should possibly be amortized over the maximum proven capacity on that blockchain.

But as the BSV price goes up the energy per transaction will go up too. BSV's only saving grace using that comparison is transactions are not limited allowing you to divide by a bigger number.

The truth is in a free market you should invest the energy in the activity that gives the best return.

On the topic of the best return for energy spent, I'm not convinced energy is best invested in cutting down our forests and converted into paper cups and toilet paper. Some of those forests took over 500 years to mature, and the energy used to power the machinery to consume them took millions of years to collect, and we literally only use it for a minute or two before disposing of it. This inefficient use of energy is paid for by printing money with the justification that it creates jobs. Some jobs should never be created and could not be created if not for the central planners.

That's a waste of energy, mining bitcoin seems like an energy-efficient way to discourage the destruction of the world to fuel empty growth.

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Cobra didn't defend. CSW will be getting default judgement.

I see and have seen worse things, and divers things so hideous, that I should neither like to speak of all matters, nor even keep silent about some of them:

namely, men who lack everything, except that they have too much of one thing --men who are nothing more than a big eye, or a big mouth, or a big belly, or something else big ,--reversed cripples, I call such men.

Thus spake Zarathustra

http://www.literaturepage.com/read/thusspakezarathustra-155.html

Last edited:

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015

Please use the new forum for all discussion, thanks!

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Goxxed@Binance

Monero Users didn't know that they are dealing with criminals.
Anarcho fractional reserve.

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
Billionaire replyguy strikes again:

it was said that someone should mention bsv dumped much harder, pushing down its long term trendline

CA is the shittiest of replyguys jfc smh

• Sad
Reactions: AdrianX

pafkatabg

Jul 6, 2019
medium.com
BU had to oppose Amaury to stay strong and relevant, but they decided to fight CSW and submit to the French shitlord.

Now, we see the result.. BU members don't care and don't follow what's proposed. I am curious to see the voting results and how many members will simply ignore..

Reactions: AdrianX

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
unfortunately, he lost his money on the passing off consumer fraud of BTC...not Bitcoin:
Typical billionaire, like somehow it would be better if he lost even more on BSV because that would be more legally compliant. These guys live in a dream world, It looks like Calvin would prefer he got to dump his BSV.

That student got a very valuable lesson, I hate learning the hard way but you have to admit it's effective. If used correctly it can prove more valuable than the tuition he may have got. Evolution like learning by error correction is a bitch.

Last edited:
Reactions: bitsko

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
BU had to oppose Amaury to stay strong and relevant, but they decided to fight CSW and submit to the French shitlord.

Now, we see the result.. BU members don't care and don't follow what's proposed. I am curious to see the voting results and how many members will simply ignore..
i suspect BU members interested in funding their activities will care.

@cypherdoc identified quite early the rift in BU. the group was composed on the one hand of engineers working on node software and networking, and on the other hand of non-coding bitcoin grokers. time showed that the interests of those two groups do not align. for example, in his post @theZerg writes:
I have always believed that to be competitive against the first mover advantage of Bitcoin and against the versatility of Ethereum, the blockchain architecture Satoshi left us requires a phase of dramatic innovation followed by continuous improvement.
whereas the non-coding grokers tended to be convinced by the argument that adoption at scale can only come with a stable protocol, and that the bitcoin protocol is sufficient to encompass most market needs.

now it was mostly thanks to the engineers that BU secured its funding. doing so left them in the position to build themselves an ideal environment in which to research and experiment with blockchain tech. they have every right to take full advantage of that, not under the direction of anyone else, let alone BSV's enormously conflictive leadership. however the risk for the path BU has taken is relative irrelevance. even if BU's engineers do achieve breakthroughs, that is very far from ensuring those get any traction. we have seen evidence of this with the BU-BCH node software (which was not adopted by a majority of nodes in BTC or BCH), and the situation will probably be more acute with an eventual BU-COIN (for example, GROUP tokens implemented on BU-COIN might present some novel attributes, but that would only be the very beginning of the battle for tokenization. this becomes clear after following the development of several token protocols in BSV -- there is massive effort involved in that front far beyond what BU is in a position to deploy, and technical improvements on their own cannot make up for the difference IMO).

at some point i suggested to BU members of the engineering stripe that it might worth considering, in addition to continuing work on protocol development and experimentation, to expand into blockchain services. i think my proposal was viewed with utmost suspicion for me having at some point dared to pronounce the dreadful name 'BSV'. and i didn't make it into a BUIP since there is no point in asking others to work on something they are not interested in working on.

the outcome of it all will likely be the generation of research shielded from market constraints, with corresponding limited impact. not unlike vast swaths of academia, i suppose.

Last edited: