Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

pafkatabg

Jul 6, 2019
medium.com
BSV has utility, people are paying to store stuff on the chain. Big blocks work.

It's much better than buying a coin to keep it in the exchange waiting for a greater fool to give you more fiat. The Ponzi dynamics are much more profitable and lead to much higher price.

People during the .com bubble wanted to bet on the Internet, but they could only throw money at some Ponzis which presented themselves as disruptive startups.

Now most people buying BTC want to bet on the revolutionary technology, but they don't understand what they are buying.

The .com speculative mania and crash didn't affect how the Internet changed the world. If bitcoin is a truly revolutionary technology - BSV will succeed sometime in the future , and the BTC manias and crashes can't stop it.

xhiggy

Mar 29, 2016
BTC is more sinister than a mania fueled ponzi though. Once/if they weasel away from having to respond to any specific jurisdiction, we'll be in a whole new paradigm.

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
It remains unconfirmed as to whether big blocks work or not.

When revenue and volume bring in more miners than the centralized handful of miners that mine bsv (and one opportunistic honest node, hathor), then big blocks will have shown to work.

that isnt what is about to happen, right now bsv price may moonshot because it is a tether fueled low cap altcoin in the middle of altseason.
Post automatically merged:

no shortage of bsver who havent read the whitepaper and glaze over inconsistencies with bsv and the whitepaper while proclaiming 'bsv is the real bitcoin!'.

it doesnt handle the difficulty adjustment as described in the whitepaper, it doesnt build on the longest chain as described in the whitepaper.

if one were to interpret the whitepaper without bias, bsv wouldnt be eligible for the title of bitcoin.

only with post hoc redefinitions of 'honest node' does bsv try to fit within the framework of the whitepaper

Last edited:

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
It remains unconfirmed as to whether big blocks work or not.
There is no question as to whether big books work or not (aka not limiting transaction capacity to 1MB), where the ambiguity is, is in whether or not you should limit the data in a transaction that is written to the blockchain (aka limit bitcoin transaction data to the proverbial chain of signatures without additional script data, or not) Basically it's a bit of a gamble to include any data that pays the transaction fee.

I'm not concerned with this as it incentivizes ISP's to get into the business of hosting the blockchain. I think it'll scale faster at the later stage of the adoption cycle.

My first choice for the Bitcoin algorithm would be BTC without Segwit or an arbitrary block size cap.
I'm happy to give the other two a go and see where they end up.

Reactions: bitsko

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
If you zoom out and analyze what's happening here, it is two groups of people are going to spend millions of their Bitcoin Profits and pay lawyers to ask a centralized authority to define the official narrative.

So long as the central authority does not rule or either party has excess profit, this will continue until one side goes broke, get your popcorn. The more attention this gets, and the more it costs, the more people will begin to think about Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is about to go to the moon,.
You mean, two centralized groups ask a centralized authority? What does that even mean, 'centralized'?
The court is an institution that has been constructed and implemented by the people. An overwhelming majority of the people is pro law. How can it be called centralized then?

trinoxol

Jun 13, 2019
Germany
BSV falls short only because of the bad PR and reputation cost of using that ledger is so bad the price to wright data to the ledger is discounted so much that people question it's long term viability.
!!!

The damage is so bad that the community has developed Stockholm Syndrome over this. It doesn't matter that BSV is delisted, hated, not taken seriously? Anyone who doesn't agree will lose or is a scammer? Yeah, right... BSV companies are facing a massive headwind that would not need to be here.

It's so bad that the currency itself is now being rebranded as Duro.

I wish the BSV community stood strongly against Craig's actions and publicly denounced them. BSV needs to separate as much from Craig as possible. The technology is sound and does not depend on Craig. Outsiders need to understand that.

It certainly doesn't help that certain leaders are calling BTC a scam. It is not a scam. It might be misguided but "digital gold" is an idea that can reasonably be pursued.

Calling BTC a scam simply makes BSV people seem like lunatics.

Calling BSV the real Bitcoin doesn't help either because this is not a credible statement to someone outside of BSV.

The price doesn't matter? Well, it does because prices have signal information. It looks like BSV lost because it is now at 1/300 BTC. This is false but the appearance matters.

Reactions: AdrianX and bitsko

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Bitcoin according to the whitepaper is peer-to-peer electronic cash. The maxwell gang and his criminal, censoring sponsors and saboteurs created something, that is the opposite of Bitcoin - A peer-to-peer electronic cash system.
How would you call the project of those liars, censors and saboteurs, if not a scam?

BSV would win without CSW, Taal, Calvin Ayre, JimmyWin, Shadders et al.?

If CSW is Satoshi, I understand and support his behavior. If he is not, I won't.

> I wish the BSV community stood strongly against Craig's actions and publicly denounced them. BSV needs to separate as much from Craig as possible. The technology is sound and does not depend on Craig. Outsiders need to understand that.

The comunity? It's capitalism, not communism. Proof of work. The communists are free to fork off the capital (CSW, Calvin, Taal, Unbounded Capital, Unisot et. al)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dubby the Goldfish

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015

go forth my disciples! tell them that bsv has already won! ill be right back; mining BTC

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015

Why are they doing this? Because they know more than you and me and are convinced that BSV already won, or because they are not as smart than you and me?

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
if taal doesnt prop up bsv, noone will. taal is the outgrowth of calvin propping up bsv.

10k in may boomer had better not quit either.

could you please ask them to mine at least one block per hour lol

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Are you waiting for the confirmation of your sale, lol?

The more pessimistic the tenor in this forum, the faster the price will rise. Go bitsko! Go adrian!

• Haha
Reactions: bitsko and cbeast

xhiggy

Mar 29, 2016
When talking to others, I just say that it's a blockchain that actually works. Then explain how it works. Eventually, I mention that it's called BSV, and that there's some drama around it.

Honestly, it depends on their personality if they focus on the tech or the narratives that surround it. The narratives are a headwind, but so are the narratives and behavior of people selling BTC. BTC proponents look pretty ridiculous as well, tons of people already think it's a scam and will trust someone who tells them that. It has an incredibly off putting community and the 'experts' seem shady as hell. Some people want to get rich with no effort, and BTC's narratives reinforce that. The high price and celebrity endorsements help them though. The BSV celebrities, and low price do not help. Ultimately, it comes down to whether the person you're talking to trusts YOU or not. Once they start to look under the hood, BSV has already won ;) that person at least.

You gotta play the hand you're dealt. CSW is a critical piece of the puzzle, BSV is not ready to let him go.

I'm not sure how the CSW story should play out. How can a currency thrive while it's founder (issuer) is still around?

Last edited:
Reactions: Zarathustra

trinoxol

Jun 13, 2019
Germany
> Honestly, it depends on their personality if they focus on the tech or the narratives that surround it. The narratives are a headwind

You got it exactly right. It matters what people think. And it's a headwind.

Let's not make a headwind for ourselves. Let's win and let's win as fast as possible.

Companies, too, are telling you that reputation is a big issue: They are rebranding as Duro. It's not for the denomination (500 Satoshi = 1 Duro). It is so a project using Duro is taken seriously and can come to adoption.

Reactions: bitsko and cbeast

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Perhaps Satoshi left the scene because he was disgusted with the crypto / bitcoin 'community'. It turned out that the take over of the project by the anarcho-criminals, it created a community that is even worse than the mainstream.
At least the BSV capitalists (CSW and Calvin) give a fuck about the reputation in the BTC / Crypto community.

xhiggy

Mar 29, 2016
I see where you're coming from @trinoxol I'm not sure how one get's rid of the armies of BTC shills repeating BSV is a scam every time it gets brought up. If not CSW, it'll just be someone else that's targeted. The most powerful person in BSV will be targeted. I'm not certain about this, but having an eccentric figure for them to focus on might be ok. Craig can handle it, if they were coming after me, trying to hack me and discredit me, I'd be way less equipped to handle it.

Reactions: Dubby the Goldfish

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
How would you call the project of those liars, censors and saboteurs, if not a scam?
Did you know Cash is also known as money? What do you think of CSW trying to rebrand Bitcoin as a digital asset?

Why are they doing this? Because they know more than you and me and are convinced that BSV already won, or because they are not as smart than you and me?
A more practical reason could be they borrowed a lot of BSV from CSW to short it and are not selling it because they are paying back the loan.

Last edited:

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Perhaps Satoshi left the scene because he was disgusted with the crypto
Bitcoin is not crypto it's a digital asset, don't confuse the issue here, when you say crypto are you talking about digital cash, digital cash competitors, digital gold, or digital assets in general? my government defines crypto including BSV as a digital asset, and not money so by law it's not digital cash.

anarcho-criminals,
the most popular detractor is Greg Maxwell, he's not an anarchist, he's like an authoritarian Keren Communist.

Last edited: