Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Miners will be paid to serve data.
ISP's are paid to serve data, Miners are paid to write data to the blockchain.

The most valuable information network is the ledger we all voluntarily (anarchically) agree is the definitive ledger of who owes who what.

How we measure adoption is simple to take limited units of the new system and divide by the number of people. The old units are a proxy or a science control. (aka USD number go up)

Hence the name of this thread. Gold, being the legacy proxy (it's now a science control) that was superseded by fiat, Bitcoin is the new system. We can use any unit of account eg Pork Bellies (rather morbid if I say so myself). What is important is that both parties making a voluntary exchange feel they are getting value and are not being coerced (ie are free to act on our free will).

In the case of BTC the ledger is doomed because only ~2000 transactions can happen in any given 10 minute period. BSV is superior in that regard. BSV falls short only because of the bad PR and reputation cost of using that ledger is so bad the price to wright data to the ledger is discounted so much that people question it's long term viability.
Post automatically merged:

Bitcoin is like Schrodinger's cat, it is BTC, BCH, BSV or any combination, one or the other. CSW is trying to use an authority to make us all define it as BSV, and I'm OK with that, most capitalists and authoritarian think that's cheating and dishonest.

As an anarchist I want him to try. whatever happens, I learn more about the state of the system I work in. I also happen to probabilistically have more upside potential if he is successful as BSV can be adopted by more people. So wanting him to win, and building for the future I want, and investing appropriately for that future is the best I can think to do. We are both on a motion to propagate anarchy as defined by me, not CSW. (CSW's definition of anarchy is synonymous with the word kayos. eg. you could just change the world and it wouldn't change his meaning)

It just so happened that if CSW is satoshi, he agrees with me as noted by his HODLing of BTC, he does a lot of shit-talking which ironically undermines my BSV.

Everything is a matter of belief.
Here we close the loop, the relative truth movement infects Bitcoin.

Last edited:
Reactions: bitsko

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in

[Bank of America: ‘Bitcoin’s dirty little secrets’ — full report said:
Ninety-five percent of Bitcoin is in just 2.4% of addresses. The report sees Bitcoin’s inequality as a major barrier to mainstream adoption.
this could be what is preventing adoption. and why holding is seen as risky.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Bitcoin’s carbon dioxide emissions are “astronomical.” At $50,000 per bitcoin, mining could use 0.4% of global energy consumption. (That’s about a Philippines of electricity.) Rising prices could push this even higher.
I know people where were mining 1 Bitcoin every day using a CPU that consumed less than 800W or less than $2.00 per day. The BoA number is exaggerated, more than 50% of all bitcoin used less than $150 per bitcoin, very few use closer to $50,000.

On the energy consumption. No energy is being wasted by Bitcoin. Energy is just converted from one form to another, some people mainly those who are not buying the energy are wasting it by allowing the price to drop to a point where someone will buy it. People are not using heat energy, produced by bitcoin mining it's people who are not using the energy that are wasting the converted energy.

Reactions: torusJKL and bitsko

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
I guess that means we're coming up on a ten year anniversary 🙂 There was a time five years ago or more when someone here would have suggested a get together/meet up to celebrate ; no chance of that happening today and not that I would attend . Look how fragmented we have become. Expected given gvt intervention long ago. It's amazing we even have one fork that's broken out. That gives me hope/assurance that the cat is outta the bag. One of the forks will win, I don't care which. I let you guys fight the battle of ideas these days. I'm tired of that, I did my time, but satisfied that we've in aggregate won the war. I just would rather not see an on balance huge pull back of all 3 to shake my conviction. Citi could be right ; we may be at the tipping point although not in the way they probably think. It's time for the true sha256 fork to stand up and moon.

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015

The Soon Times

@38094
BREAKING: In response to Coinbase reporting on 56 million users, $335 billion in trading volume, and $1.8 billion in revenue for Q1, buybsv.com reports that in Q1 the site successfully processed 7 out of the 231 attempts to buy BSV.

LOL

bsv hired this guy to shill a few times, lol

Reactions: AdrianX

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015

"There is a lot we can do to make success more certain, but they will not happen without a successful inquiry into the true nature of things and accepting that we are worse off than we have believed. "

-Cosmos Saggitarius

"People in BSV say that “price doesn’t matter.” That is silly and it sounds like BSVers have overlooked everything and know nothing. BSVers believe that they need to build, but, these markets do not act like anybody understands the true value of what is being bought and sold. That means that there is a lot of money to be made on knowledge alone. "

Reactions: AdrianX

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
@cypherdoc

Someday we'll find out if pure marketing hype has more value than utility in the long run. Usually, marketing new things win. I've always said visacoin will probably win.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
It just so happened that if CSW is satoshi, he agrees with me as noted by his HODLing of BTC
Thank you, you have just destroyed a Faketoshi, even if unintentionally.

I think everyone remembers the loud bleating about selling off "his" BTC, BCH etc.

Anyway, your comment made my evening. Carry on HODLing, BUIDLing, or whatever you feel like.

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
CSW hodls the most, for the longest.

But Barry Silbert is catching up, and they've all got those fiduciary duties

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
i was going to issue some sort of snarky comment about the indefatigable freedom of the fully free but here is a video instead:

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Thank you, you have just destroyed a Faketoshi, even if unintentionally.

I think everyone remembers the loud bleating about selling off "his" BTC, BCH etc.
Yes, and I think everyone remembers the free one loud bleating about leaving development.
Liars everywhere ...

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
Nobody cares if you believe CSW is Satoshi and it doesn't even matter. However he came to his knowledge about Bitcoin deserves an explanation. Much of what he explained since 2015 was not in the White Paper or talked about by Satoshi, yet fits with the code in the original release. I'd like a better explanation of how he came to these understandings. This is common in publishing when an author's work is stolen and a thief must explain the thought processes behind the story.

Reactions: kyuupichan

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
If you zoom out and analyze what's happening here, it is two groups of people are going to spend millions of their Bitcoin Profits and pay lawyers to ask a centralized authority to define the official narrative.

So long as the central authority does not rule or either party has excess profit, this will continue until one side goes broke, get your popcorn. The more attention this gets, and the more it costs, the more people will begin to think about Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is about to go to the moon,.

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
@freetrader , I apologize for griefing you over the hashwar.

I may not agree with you, but you deserve my respect.

I apologize to anyone in BCH I was a shit to.

I was caught in the moment, and wrong in the approach.

Lets all get rich and build out bitcoin however we want.