Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
In contrast to those fairytales, this is science, multidisciplinary science.
http://gerhardbott.de/das-buch/summary-in-english.html
Thanks for this post. I've not always agreed with the things you write, mainly because they've gone over my head. Without the necessary background reading, some of your points come over a little out of context, and a feel 'out there'.
Having read that summary, I think at least now, I understand where you're coming from, and although i'm by no means convinced, at at a minimum, I can now begin to appreciate your point of view.

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
You are right here as well. I am far too often leaning on the relativistic side. Simply because I see too much unreflecting activity in the world.

I don't know what you mean by miss out big time?
Just to offer a contrary opinion, I think you're doing just fine. There's a lot of shit and shitty behavior going on right now and it's tricky to know where things are going to land so there's nothing at all wrong with hedging. Going all in with one coin could increase what you come away with but on the other hand, you risk losing it all which would suck if you've done well this far. Risk vs reward is very much on the risk side currently.

Also, as you suggest, there is a tendency when you go "all in" to talk your book. To a pathological degree for some, it seems. Keep some detachment and move when you are confident to do so.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
have any of Satoshi's coins moved to date?

Reactions: Windowly

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
hmmm, i wonder if those are his. by 1/19/2010, the frequency of supposed Satoshi block rewards appears to have tailed off:

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
https://coin.dance/blocks/transactions

TX isn't really a lot higher? Are they tx with large OP_RETURN? OP_RET doesn't take much to process.

What's really important to prove scaling is the average script and CHECKSIG density...

unless your end goal is to have tx with a lot of data. But if so, its not much work for any client to get that.
175'000 txs within 1 hour today.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
The elephant in the room, is that the three proposals (BUIP113, BUIP114, BUIP115) have been created on the assumption that BCH is supported by default and BSV is on trial.

This asymmetrical package of 3 proposals reveals that the people who made the proposals are not trying to have a fair and neutral voting process.

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
It's pretty gratifying that the Kleiman v. Wright suit is forcing disciplined investigation into several of the "Cult of Craig" claims, such as allegations that he falsified documents.

This is the kind of investigation I have mentioned several times no one who hates Craig has been willing to do. They merely scan for something that looks "off," assume they have a smoking gun, post it to reddit, get massively upvoted, and decide that the fact that no one corrects them means they were right.

Now these claims are put to the test. Expert witnesses will be called if Ira Kleiman's high-powered lawyers think it's to their benefit. No technobabbling or vagueness or claims of 4D chess can get Craig out of having to pay up to the tune of billions if it turns out he lodged forged documents into evidence as some are claiming on Reddit now.

Then we can stop arguing about Craig Wright and get back down to business.

"Oh that's rich coming from you, Mr. Bingledack." People seem to have gotten the impression that I like defending CSW. You know what I actually like? Cutting the fasted path to the truth, and to Bitcoin's resurgence. I wouldn't care what anyone thought about CSW if it weren't for the fact that the shade thrown at him makes it near impossible to discuss his ideas objectively. If everyone could hate him and hate his communicate style but still read him without bias, I wouldn't need to say a thing about him.

Instead, while I have advanced my understanding of Bitcoin greatly over the past two years, many of my old allies here haven't been able to come along for the ride due to an understandable-yet-unreasonable prejudice against the guy who has been espousing and elucidating most of these ideas. This pains me greatly. I could present all of these concepts here myself, but I'm not an expert in every field and I don't have unlimited time especially when explaining something becomes like pulling teeth due to where it came from.

For this to work, it would be immensely helpful for many people here to be conversant with Craig's ideas, to wade through his papers not on a faultfinding mission but a utility-extraction mission, to investigate claims that are outside my fields, to debate things like network topology and the legal facets of Bitcoin adoption without it devolving into a discussion of personalities or an ultra-high inferential distance affair.

I would be happy reading the work of anyone, even if it were full of errors and insanity, as long as there were useful ideas to discover. But it seems most people are not. Thus, as deliciously ironic as it must feel to some, I find myself - in the interest of the fastest path to a Bitcoin renaissance - forced to first try to remove this giant bottleneck to intelligent debate.

A mini Library of Alexandria is effectively burned in the minds of many here because it comes stamped with a personality they don't like. This is the only time discussing people does make sense: when everyone is ignoring the Library of Alexandria because they think Alexandria was a git, there's good reason to explain why Alexandria actually had some things going for him (yes I know Alexander the Great didn't write the books).

Last edited:

cbeast

Sep 15, 2015
Well said, but a couple points. Even if he loses the Ira Kleinman case and he is forced to pay in bitcoins, but which ones? He can claim any fork is bitcoin. Normally lawsuits are settled in fiat, not specific items. If he does show a million btc, it will nuke the market like the Sword of Damocles. I think he plans to give them up willingly when they are replaced with BSV and metanet and btc is no longer relevant. He can blame the courts for wrecking BTC regardless of his actual guilt.

Secondly, people are looking for Truth instead of utility. It's unlikely anyone will prove he had nothing to do with SN. Even if he was only 10% involved, that's infinitely more than anyone else is known. He still has insights going back before the 2009 release from other works that are consistent with how BSV can scale organically, legally, and fairly. Sometimes you can solve a puzzle without all the pieces by looking at the picture instead of how they are supposed to fit.

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
New road map out https://bitcoinsv.io/2019/04/17/the-roadmap-to-genesis-part-1/

"We have previously signalled an intent to raise the cap to 512MB however after consultation with the Bitcoin Association (the owner of the Bitcoin SV project) and miners representing a significant majority of hash rate it has been decided that the Bitcoin SV software will implement a default of 2GB in July. "

haters r gunna pop soon.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
>Bitcoin SV software will implement a default of 2GB in July.

yo baby
[doublepost=1555513058][/doublepost]whoa, excellent:

we intend to bring the planned date for allowing unlimited block size forward by almost a year and lift the cap completely in the Genesis upgrade