Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

Griffith

Jun 5, 2017
@bitsko buip 063 made bucash bu's official bch client. the hf options that allow for bsv sync are in bucash as stated in buip 098. if you vote to drop support for bch, it bars bucash releases which is needed for bsv. bsv is only considered a hf of bch because it never had a buip to officially add it as a coin supported by bu. buip 113 gives bsv its own official client and brings it to an equal status with btc and bch as a coin officially supported by bu.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
just propose buip's to negate all their idiocy

Reactions: bitsko

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
[doublepost=1555608649,1555607674][/doublepost]Not sure what first-hand evidence @Peter R has that he didn't share with the BU membership.
[doublepost=1555608904][/doublepost]I don't think the court would accept @Peter R as an "expert witness" if he has had a beef with one of the parties in the case.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
someone made a good point yesterday about the Kleiman vs CSW docs we're seeing on scribd.com. we can't be sure of their veracity nor that they match what the courts are seeing. for sure, whoever submitted that email doc from Dave to Uyen yesterday is committing perjury (assuming it even made it to the official courts) .

Reactions: Norway

KoKansei

Mar 5, 2016
I don't think the court would accept @Peter R as an "expert witness" if he has had a beef with one of the parties in the case.
As a general rule potential "expert witnesses" who have a personal relationship or history with the defendant or plaintiff will be barred from testimony unless there are extenuating circumstances.

With his well-documented history of personal acrimony with CSW, there is no way Peter will be allowed to testify and in the unlikely event he is allowed a good cross-examiner will eat him alive.

RollieMe

May 6, 2018
someone made a good point yesterday about the Kleiman vs CSW docs we're seeing on scribd.com. we can't be sure of their veracity nor that they match what the courts are seeing. for sure, whoever submitted that email doc from Dave to Uyen yesterday is committing perjury (assuming it even made it to the official courts) .
A thread in r/btc said Wright's lawyers made a motion to withdraw it (not sure of the correct legal terminology) so it was apparently them who submitted it. I'll guess it depends on whether there's "no backsies" legal principle or not as to whether anyone gets reamed over it.
[doublepost=1555650193][/doublepost]As an aside, I just spent an hour and half in a bank opening an account which I paid fees to do and ended up not leaving with what I asked for but got a bunch of stuff that I didn't ask for. I was also finger printed and photographed. If I hadn't already wasted 90 minutes and didn't have my baby kid with me I might have spent another hour trying to get what I actually asked for. Whole time I was thinking I can create a crypto wallet in less than 30 seconds.

If you guys could get the whole fiat-crypto flippening happening ASAP so I can't stop having to deal with these dinosaurs that would be great.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
there's not alot to be trusted on any subreddit these days. I'm assuming the same applies to scribd.com.

RollieMe

May 6, 2018
> there's not alot to be trusted on any subreddit these days. I'm assuming the same applies to scribd.com.

You can apparently purchase the documents from the court website or some service that they outsource to. (I think they are five dollars per submission). So I guess whether the court is looking at the same documents or not would be easy enough to establish or refute.

I'm interested in the proceedings because it's an interesting subject but don't really care enough about the outcome one way or another to buy them myself.

Reactions: cypherdoc

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Last edited:
Reactions: bitsko

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
It was pointed out earlier that pruning for full nodes is available. This allows a node that has already caught up to the head of the network to operate from a UTXO set that it has verified and is keeping track of.

However, if a new node is trying to join the network, is it able to catchup to the current block and function if the only blocks available were pruned? My understanding is today that answer is, no.

Note, this isn't just for transaction data. It's possible with really large blocks that most miner and full nodes will drop large OP_RETURN data for cost purposes, or simply because they don't want to pay the network traffic.

In that case new nodes need to be able to join a network using some form of merkel blocks with a mix of available transactions and merkel tree hashes where transactions are not available.

Until the ability for client software to handle this, it does seem risky to enable very large datasets. 2GB blocks is 1PB a year, I know large scale systems, there is a non trival cost to not just storing, but processing and serving that volume of data. It will be pruned by online nodes, which means new nodes need to be able to handle a pruned history.
I dont think any storage strategy will be absolute. several entities will always be likely to insist on storing everything.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
when are you going to increase the blocksize?

Reactions: satoshis_sockpuppet

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
I believe BU @Peter R has said they'll be testing 1000 tx / sec in next Gigablock tests?

I'm as curious as you what size blocks that will translate to, but the answer to your question, @cypherdoc , is that BCH will not repeat Blockstream/Core mistakes, the network will increase cap before blockspace demand rises to hit it.

Personally I don't see much of a problem implementing an adaptive algorithm like the one @imaginary_username has proposed. Getting rid of the cap entirely could be another future option, but we need massively better clients before then.

We will get there :)