Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Eyh, @freetrader! Why did you go silent when I told you how to make a "Last Will" solution without @theZerg and @deadalnix' special OP:CODE by a more efficient solution requiring a hash check instead of a signature check?
Because your "solution" does not appear to be equivalent to me. Sorry, but you have not convinced me of it. Also, your question was filed under "trolling" (by you) so I doubt there is much to take seriously anyway.
[doublepost=1555160953][/doublepost]
You're diverting from the topic
Let us know then @Otaci when you've finally seen cryptographic proof from Craig in evidence of his claim of being Satoshi. Until then.

Reactions: majamalu

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
@shadders, have you seen cryptographic proof that convinced you that Craig Steven Wright is Satoshi, or are you, like your colleague, unable to answer that simple question?
[doublepost=1555161335][/doublepost]
The sense of entitlement is strong in this one.
I'd rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.

Though it would really bend my mind if someone like you, who is working with Craig, were unable or unwilling to answer such a simple question.

Last edited:

Tom Zander

Jun 2, 2016
For those that want a normal constructive conversation and not political non-answers and disgusting personal attacks I suggest the following.

When you click on a persons handle you are led to their membership page. On the top-right of each individuals membership page there are options like 'Follow' and 'Ignore'.
Selectively use the Ignore feature on certain people and what you end up with is a forum clear from posts trolling for attention. Posts that just beg useful members to reply, until they run out of energy and leave.

As old IRC saying goes, stop feeding the trolls.

The easiest way to find user pages to "Ignore" is to just click on their handles. Here are a few: @Norway and @shadders and @Zarathustra

Because the main currency in todays Internet and open source world is attention and your time. Stop giving it to so freely. Protect yourself.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
I wasn't trolling - merely insanely curious whether any of Craig's developers could answer on the "cryptographic proof evidence of Satoshi" question.

Apologies that this boring line of questioning is dragging out due to their unwillingness or inability to give a straight answer.

Feel free to Ignore me anytime, I won't hold it against anyone :)
[doublepost=1555162711][/doublepost]
And he's still avoiding the topic.
Not avoiding, I merely don't think I know what you think the topic here is or should be. Speak up man, don't speak in riddles.

Tom Zander

Jun 2, 2016
@freetrader dude, I know you are not trolling :) I would not ignore you, lots of great content coming from you regularly!

Not avoiding, I merely don't think I know what you think the topic here is or should be. Speak up man, don't speak in riddles.
The people "speaking in riddles" are doing so because they want to take everyone's time and make this thread impossible to use or follow for normal people while at the same time getting maximum coverage for their anger and beliefs.

You may consider that you are playing their game and they are winning (= with attention and your time).

Reactions: freetrader

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
> I wasn't trolling - merely insanely curious whether any of Craig's developers could answer on the "cryptographic proof evidence of Satoshi" question.

Simple answer: It's a bullshit/noob/troll question.

" .. ownership of the key is not proof of anything other than the possession of a key"

https://medium.com/@craig_10243/evidence-and-law-f8f10001efa5
[doublepost=1555164399,1555163458][/doublepost]
The easiest way to find user pages to "Ignore" is to just click on their handles. Here are a few: @Norway and @shadders and @Zarathustra
Freetrader also claimed to ignore users that he doesn't. But thank you, I am honored to be on your list with these two great users. For me, it's not even necessary to put you on an ignore list since you capitulated and disappeared from BU anyway. Passive members are irrelevant.

Otaci

Jul 26, 2017
Oh wow. I did not spoon feed the answers because there's far too much of that going on. I gave enough clues (I think), for people to critically read the article and make up their own mind.

DYOR used to be the golden rule in this community, what happened?

[deleted]

Last edited:

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
OK, so you do all this stuff and you pass your signed transaction to the merchant so they can broadcast it to the network and... they don't. What now?
What do you think?
[doublepost=1555175080,1555174045][/doublepost]
Because your "solution" does not appear to be equivalent to me.
I guess you just don't understand what the Last Will service does. I can't make you smart, sorry.

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
What do you think?
I think you have a transaction out there that could confirm at any time, depriving you of funds so you have to start considering attempting double-spending those transactions (assuming you have a technical level to be able to do so) to ensure they are secure. Kinda like when Corecoin backs up and transactions drop out of the mempool. This is probably why BIP-0070 has it sent from the client wallet and not by the merchant.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Posts that just beg useful members to reply, until they run out of energy and leave.
You pinged me, sir. What can I do for you? :)
[doublepost=1555176130][/doublepost]
I think you have a transaction out there that could confirm at any time, depriving you of funds so you have to start considering attempting double-spending those transactions (assuming you have a technical level to be able to do so) to ensure they are secure. Kinda like when Corecoin backs up and transactions drop out of the mempool. This is probably why BIP-0070 has it sent from the client wallet and not by the merchant.
Ok. You should not build on our protocol if you think this is a problem.

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
but you already walked out of the store with the stuff you bought.