Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tomothy

Mar 14, 2016
It almost feels like this was all orchestrated to have us arguing over the color of a dress. Is it blue or white or...? And then everyone forgets all about it... lol...

I assumed silver meant ltc? but maybe that's just me /shrug :D

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
I believe there is collusion based on HK discussion where a decision was made to help a participant's open trade. Prior to this admission, there was lots of speculation as to intent and bad faith.
True, this had slipped my mind. But that was supposed to be one participant, not some big collusion. I still can't see it, I think the current generation of miners are too greedy. Unless they are being paid off big time on the side.

That HK short - it never got resolved did it ...

Reactions: Tomothy

hedgewizard

Mar 14, 2016
Yeah it seems like it means a significant move up is likely. Doesn't mean it will happen, but it's something to watch out for as the correlation seems quite strong. Not only has every long stability period (except one) led to a big rally, every big rally has been preceded by a long stability period. It doesn't get much more solid than that in investing, except if there were more than 5 data points.

I don't know if there are stability charts for any altcoins. Azop seems the only person making them.

@adamstgbit

Well they are planning to do bad things to Core. Whether Bitcoin keeps being based on Core as Core gets ruined is another question. Honey Badger is like Marty McFly hitching rides on cars on his skateboard, and maybe Honey Badger doesn't mind hitching a ride on a car he knows is going over a cliff later on, because he's only hitching a ride while the hitching's good.
@adamstgbit

Andreas A. (~1:27:00) made a comment I think makes a great point;

Both sides of the scaling debate have a veto on each other and goes on to say consensus is nigh.

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
@hedgewizard

its always nice to here his views

i'm very pessimistic today... i feel as tho the classical scaling vision is going to get thrown under the buss

supports of this vision are leaving,this will give the other side ( small blocks , high fees, and LN ) more and more power to unfold there plan, and that will become bitcoin. the price will go down hill from there because there system is expensive and complex to use, while bitcoin 2.0 ( ether maybe?? idk ) will come out the winner.

Revelation 13:15
The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dotto

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
@hedgewizard

its always nice to here his views

i'm very pessimistic today... i feel as tho the classical scaling vision is going to get thrown under the buss

supports of this vision are leaving,this will give the other side ( small blocks , high fees, and LN ) more and more power to unfold there plan, and that will become bitcoin. the price will go down hill from there because there system is expensive and complex to use, while bitcoin 2.0 ( ether maybe?? idk ) will come out the winner.

Revelation 13:15

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomothy

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
@adamstgbit

People only go with Core because it is promising scaling. Since that is in the future they can get away with promises and it is fairly meaningless until we actually hit real life issues (wake me when darkmarkets are complaining or switching to altcoins while Core still enjoys strong support).

Marty McFly sees this car that signals it's going the way he wants to go, so he grabs onto it. Spectators might see it as his fate being tied to that car driver, but that isn't the case at all.