Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

67 speedqueen

Mar 13, 2016
Regarding fear of other coins (ledgers) taking market share, why should we care? ...
Limited mouse [sucker, mark] supply.
Mice caught by better mousetraps = mice not caught by Bitcoin. If you're invested in Ford_mousetraps, you probably should care if GM_mousetraps are better, because you're gonna be in for some lean tiems :(

adamstgbit

Mar 13, 2016
omfg here we go again... 417...

knock knock
who's there
bitcoin
bitcoin who
bitcoin wants to break thought thats who.

JayJuanGee

Sep 29, 2015
Limited mouse [sucker, mark] supply.
Mice caught by better mousetraps = mice not caught by Bitcoin. If you're invested in Ford_mousetraps, you probably should care if GM_mousetraps are better, because you're gonna be in for some lean tiems :(

At this time, there are all kinds of mice, and the market is no where near being saturated, at least for another 20 years... and probably more like 50 years or more

67 speedqueen

Mar 13, 2016
At this time, there are all kinds of mice, and the market is no where near being saturated, at least for another 20 years... and probably more like 50 years or more
>there are all kinds of mice
Sure. Better mousetraps are your direct competition. That's what the expression implies.
If a mousetrap attracts a different sort of mice than the ones your worse mousetrap attracts, it's best described as "a different," rather than "a better," mousetrap.

>at least for another 20 years... and probably more like 50 years or more
Would it be tactless of me to inquire as to where & how you obtained those numbers?
Also: did you remember to wash your hands?

JayJuanGee

Sep 29, 2015
Sure. Better mousetraps are your direct competition. That's what the expression implies.
If a mousetrap attracts a different sort of mice than the ones your worse mousetrap attracts, it's best described as "a different," rather than "a better," mousetrap.

I will admit that there could be some possibility that I may have chosen a better analogy, yet I believe that my analogy was sufficient to allow me to make my point sufficiently well by suggesting that I could give a ratt's ass about the extent to which other coins/ledgers may be providing some services and/or benefits that are not as well provided by bitcoin. In the end, whether they are capturing some of the same mice or some other breeds of mice doesn't really matter. There are enough mice for everyone. We got over 7 billion mice, and likely less than a few million that are actually currently in some variation of a trap. Furthermore, even within the population of mice already caught, their is only likely less than a few hundred who have fully invested and been killed by the mousetrap.. in other words, there remains a whole hell-of-a lot of room for innovations and for people to likely purchase services that they did not even know that they needed (as these various platforms evolve).

In other words, it appears that you are acting as a stupid ass who is not attempting to engage in a meaningful exchange of information by getting so caught up in technicalities, rather than attempting to battle with the real points that I was making.

>at least for another 20 years... and probably more like 50 years or more
Would it be tactless of me to inquire as to where & how you obtained those numbers?
Also: did you remember to wash your hands?

Again, here, you are demonstrating that you are likely not attempting to engage in any meaningful exchange of information by attempting to focus on me... I don't fucking matter in this equation.

In this regard, anyone who is remotely familiar with the various potential use cases of bitcoin and other crypto currencies will recognize that the market is vast and the future needs are currently not completely known because the development goes into the future and the market could touch all aspects of the world.

I used the timelines of 20 years or 50 years as basic guidelines that could apply to new markets, such as the telephone or the internet or personal computer or the automobile. Some technologies are paradigm shifting and they have networking effects that take years and years and years to develop and years and years and years to become saturated. In this regard, bitcoin remains very new and immature and its networking effects could reach far and wide and take decades to reach various markets in order that we may assert arguments about possible saturation...

Anyhow, I believe I already made my points earlier, but you are likely not really attempting to engage in any kind of meaningful way except to paint some limited small scope scenario that does not seem to apply in the bitcoin and/or crypto currency space at the moment.

Reactions: freetrader