Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Georg Engelmann

Sep 10, 2015
Austria
bitcoincashstandards.org
If Bitcoin is ever big enough to be a 'threat' it's already part of the system and a crash of this system will bring down everything – including Bitcoin itself.

Bitcoin isn't some magic pill that solves poverty and violence even if that's what Roger Ver likes to tell you.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
The current monetary system isn't the same as the whole society. I'm not going to discuss this anymore with you in this thread because of your straw man arguments.

Georg Engelmann

Sep 10, 2015
Austria
bitcoincashstandards.org
Sorry, I can only make straw man arguments if you don't reply with arguments. Why did you even bring that up in this conversation if you didn't want to elaborate on it?

The current monetary system is not the whole society, but everyone is part of it.

Bagatell

Aug 28, 2015
The current monetry shitstem is inefficient, inequitable and as part of the military/industrial complex downright evil. The sooner it is radically overhauled or replaced the better because those who own the shitstem are sucking every last drop of equity from those of us who are trapped in it.

Reactions: Norway

Erdogan

Aug 30, 2015
Many of the world's most powerful banks (Barclays, Goldman Sachs, UBS, BNY Mellon, Capital One...) are investigating the technology and closely following Bitcoin. Some banks and nations will lose out.

If it was a threat to the current monetary system they wouldn't buy it. Nobody would buy it. Who wants to be responsible for recession and possibly a world war?
One reason could be that they trust that the currency controls will work. Another reason could be that they actually think that a fixed quantum currency could not work. Most probably, they just don't understand.

Reactions: Norway

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
I just tried to marry Coinatmradar.com with coins.co.th.

The latter is a service that makes an excellent service for people with bitcoin in Thailand. Withdraw local currency from all 7-Elevens and 9000+ ATMs. (https://coins.co.th/en/sell-bitcoin)

If you look at Coinatmradar.com today, it looks like there are only 2 ATMs in Thailand, while it actually has mabybe the best bitcoin infrastructure in the world!

Now, Coinatmradar have contacted coins.co.th to get an API with the coordinates of the 7-Elevens and ATMs.

I hope they get it!

Fatman3002

Sep 5, 2015
Bitcointalk.org is down. Guess we're going to see thermos' move soon.

Edit: Someone seems to be painting the tape like a mofo. I don't trust this movement.

Edit: @Norway the price seems to move more violently when bct is down. I'm guessing it's prob ddos+manipulation, but I think it's weird that thermos hasn't done anything to remedy this.

Last edited:
Reactions: soullyG and Norway

Fatman3002

Sep 5, 2015
Have you people noticed how those who missed out or sold low keep screaming about their buy-in targets, "I'll buy when it hits $400/$380/$360/$340", but when the price comes crashing down they're too scared to buy? We had 10 months in the $200s and people still can't grow the nuts to buy! Annoys the blimmin hell out of me! Sort of funny when the nastier bears try to explain why they were completely left behind by the whole rise though.

Last edited:

jaredjoseph

Nov 1, 2015
I bought all the way to the bottom sub $200 (not the flash-crash bottom but I secured whole bitcoins in the $190s). I dollar-cost averaged up until recently. Then I saw the price move up and wanted to buy before $300s were gone forever. 2FA at coinbase was failing and I couldn't login. As my bad luck would have it, it started working again well into the $400s and I started thinking that we were entering the parabolic bull phase like 2013 so I bought small amounts of BTC. Then the market tanked. I swear to you, with exception to buying bitcoins in the lower $200s and upper $190s, it seems like every time I buy bitcoin, the market tanks. I do have to say that these manipulators know what they're doing and it appears like they are trying to make us exhausted with the volatility. I know some people claim there's no need for manipulators with all the greed that can push the market. But I disagree. Dropping $2 Billion in a couple hours screams coordination to me.

When do you fellow bitcoiners think we are finally going to break through the ATH and be done with triple digits? This market has been depressed for a very long time now

Reactions: Fatman3002

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
If the rally continues next week past $500, probably in late November or early December. If not, probably near the halving.

>Dropping $2 Billion in a couple hours screams coordination to me.

Nah just the usual consequence of a rapid rise without consolidation. If the exponential trend that started about a month ago continues, we'll be over $500 again next week.

Members online

No members online now.