Wall Observer

Would you prefer to:

• 1. Implement SegWit now, lift the block size limit later.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 2. Implement SegWit and lift the block size limit at the same time.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 3. Lift the block size limit now, and put SegWit on hold (perhaps indefinitely).

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter R

Aug 28, 2015
So a good friend of mine--a dentist--tells me that he's bummed out about his stock portfolio's performance: "I'm down like $3000 in a couple of months." I can't even relate anymore.

Being a Bitcoin holder has transformed my view on money: money used to seem rigid and real; now it is fluid and abstract. To use the words of David Graeber, money (debt) is just a sort of "perversion of a promise"--don't let it hold you back from achieving your goals.

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
IDK I think the value proposition of cross border, no counterparty store-of-value "fundamentals" works great today.

If you look at the volume charts for finex and huobi they are exactly opposite. Finex had massive volume during the dumps and low now during the recovery. Houbi didn't even really dump, just trended flat to down (with low volume), then had medium volumes during a forced-follow dump. Now the Houbi recovery volume is pretty strong.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
It's a beartrap, not a bulltrap. And @VinnyLingham is walking right into it ;)

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
On a logarithmic chart...

Exponential growth looks like: /

Super-exponential growth looks like: ⤴

The first can last for months, the second only days and always followed by a violent correction. I've been expecting this surge for a long time, and I think it can go much further. First, though, we have to shake off the super-exponent.

Reactions: majamalu

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@chmod755
Do you mean that Dimon is actually pro bitcoin, but was tricked by the reporter to give a negative response?

Georg Engelmann

Sep 10, 2015
Austria
bitcoincashstandards.org
Reactions: Norway

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
It's probably in the eye of the beholder. I saw a Dimon that likes "the technology behind bitcoin" but say that bitcoin as a currency will fail because governments will ban it. He also looks desperate and threatened, lol!

Georg Engelmann

Sep 10, 2015
Austria
bitcoincashstandards.org
I'm talking about bitcoin as a threat to the current monetary system.
Many of the world's most powerful banks (Barclays, Goldman Sachs, UBS, BNY Mellon, Capital One...) are investigating the technology and closely following Bitcoin. Some banks and nations will lose out.

If it was a threat to the current monetary system they wouldn't buy it. Nobody would buy it. Who wants to be responsible for recession and possibly a world war?

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
I think banks play an important part of recessions and wars by money printing. Not bitcoin.

Reactions: Bagatell

Members online

No members online now.