Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
i read something about an S9. does that mean they've sold to customers 9 iterations of the Antminer, all with reasonable customer satisfaction?
Yes. Though some of their miners are just reconfigurations of existing components (more/less blades etc)

Reactions: freetrader

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
this is kinda like that game where 12 ppl sit around a table and someone starts off whispering a message in the ear of the person on his right who then passes it around the table. the end result being totally unrecognizable; sorta like Blockstream's distortion of Satoshi's original vision.

you mean Spamsom How.

Reactions: AdrianX and Norway

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
any disappearance will be gradual. no miner is just going to give up this instant. they'll hang with it for at least a few weeks/months as any coin mined still has the potential to skyrocket in price and as they have time to analyze cost/benefit ratios.

Fatman3002

Sep 5, 2015
i read something about an S9. does that mean they've sold to customers 9 iterations of the Antminer, all with reasonable customer satisfaction?
They have an even and odd number policy. The even number machines are bigger data center grade / rack sized versions of the odd number versions. But there was no S8. I heard some people had trouble with the S5 overheating, but that's about it.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
any disappearance will be gradual. no miner is just going to give up this instant. they'll hang with it for at least a few weeks/months as any coin mined still has the potential to skyrocket in price and as they have time to analyze cost/benefit ratios.
Yes, probably. KnC Miner's planned and organized bancruptsy is not normal. I guess it's because they're swedes.

Fatman3002

Sep 5, 2015
Yes, probably. KnC Miner's planned and organized bancruptsy is not normal. I guess it's because they're swedes.
As long as the Bitcoin mining network is running on subsidized chinese electricity we probably won't see the violent swings in hashrate. They have to consume power anyway so they'll keep less profitable miners running until they're replaced rather than turn them off. Most who had to move to more efficient miners probably have already anyway.

satoshis_sockpuppet

Feb 22, 2016
Bitcoin Classic needs better PR people.
I wonder if there should be an "official" alliance between Classic, Unlimited, XT and maybe btcd. Working together, sharing a development forum and chat rooms etc. And maybe some day a new clean client that isn't stuffed with thousand of wild grown lines of code. :)
I don't know if this is a correct assumption but I have the feeling as if the miners believe that Classic has to few developers and that they're out there on their own.

Maybe that all already exists, I'm a bit out of the loop these days.

Tom Zander btw is doing an excellent job of creating information for the community and developing a confident spirit for the non-Blockstream Bitcoiners imho. I very much like his approach.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015

Members online

No members online now.