Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

majamalu

Aug 28, 2015
To the extent that larger blocks and a non-crippled Bitcoin fuel much higher levels of adoption and make many more people want to run full nodes, that demand should incentivize more businesses to innovate to offer solutions that bring down the cost of doing so.
So true. And not only that: btc on the moon means that even the poorest of today's holders will be able to run an "expensive" (in fiat terms) node.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015

Inca

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
Happy Halving day folks.

We are still the few who hold bitcoin. I consider those who frequent this forum and post here to be the most ardent supporters of the ideals behind bitcoin as sound money in a digital age. It is no surprise that we are arguably the most passionate of believers in the project and hold those who we deem to be derailing it to extremely high account.

Congratulations and let's hope for another four years of growth and success.

:)

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Interesting question (in an article with not much info otherwise):

Is the iPhone Trailing Behind its Competitors Because of Bitcoin?

http://bitcoinist.net/apple-iphone-bitcoin-china/

I think the answer is, for now, no, bitcoin is too small.
what it is a reflection of though is open source code, namely Android. since Bitcoin is *theoretically* open source (FU Blockstream), there's an indirect effect there.

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
But just because "decentralization" is somewhat nebulous, I don't think that makes it impossible to discuss meaningfully (just difficult). And obviously this is a concept that, for right or wrong, a lot of the small blockists are very fixated on. And so my point in my most-recent post is to show that, by ANY reasonable metric for decentralization, there are scenarios where it is increased by a larger limit.
Unfortunately, it does make it impossible to have a discussion about it with this who would dissemble and flat-out lie. And we know a few of those.

[doublepost=1468081236][/doublepost]Being somewhat decentralized is like being somewhat pregnant.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Happy Halving day folks.

We are still the few who hold bitcoin. I consider those who frequent this forum and post here to be the most ardent supporters of the ideals behind bitcoin as sound money in a digital age. It is no surprise that we are arguably the most passionate of believers in the project and hold those who we deem to be derailing it to extremely high account.

Congratulations and let's hope for another four years of growth and success.

:)
like i'm starting to ask more often now; is there any question that hodlers have won?

and yes, i peg 2009 as the starting point of this comparison when the price was $0. some may object, but i think that's perfectly fair given the short 7yrs of Bitcoin's existence, the fact that it could still fail (highly unlikely at this pt imo), the fact that Bitcoin has fought thru all the extreme price volatility, and the fact that it's still evolving and conforming to an S curve of adoption. for comparison sake, Bitpay is one of the earliest Bitcoin "businesses". it's obvious that the value of that company and the merchant "bucket" in general hasn't appreciated anywhere near what the price bucket has done. and this applies across all the different buckets of the economy, including miners.

the hodlers of this thread understand Sound Money b/c most were/are gold bugs. the title i chose for this thread is a forward looking adaptation of this, Gold Collapsing, Bitcoin UP, with it's author (me) taking it one step further and dumping his gold/silver in favor of Bitcoin. in that sense, the thread is cutting edge in it's vision for a future of digital gold/money. i'm more convinced than ever that this will happen.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
there will be no price "death spiral" even if the hashrate has to decrease from large miners falling out to a small degree from the halving. the network will remain secure. great opportunity to buy the dips from the selling fearful.

Last edited:
Reactions: majamalu

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
I guess we're about to find out...
[doublepost=1468082676][/doublepost]Oh Antpool with your empty blocks, you...

Reactions: AdrianX

Members online

No members online now.