Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
No more blocks from KnC Miners. Very sad. But the question now is: How many more miners have turned off their ASIC's?
Are we heading for a mega clusterfuck mempool?

Reactions: majamalu

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
has anyone bought Antminers from @Jihan & Bitmain? how reliable are they and have they represented a decent value for the money invested? any funny business like premining with them before delivery? i haven't heard anything bad so i'm curious to buy one for fun. here's hoping to a massive continuation of this trend as it will help redistribute mining across the globe and diversify revenues for Bitmain.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
you mean Spamson Mao.

Reactions: Norway

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
has anyone bought Antminers from @Jihan & Bitmain? how reliable are they and have they represented a decent value for the money invested? any funny business like premining with them before delivery? i haven't heard anything bad so i'm curious to buy one for fun. here's hoping to a massive continuation of this trend as it will help redistribute mining across the globe and diversify revenues for Bitmain.
I have an S5 I keep for amusement purposes. It arrived fairly quickly. I believe they mine with them for a while before selling them.

It's a bit of a shame there's not more competition in the field to be honest. Prices are high meaning mining margins are low. Unless you're one of the big mining cartels.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
you mean Shamsom Wow.

Melbustus

Aug 28, 2015
I bought a used S5 on ebay last year because I needed a heater for my office. Worked like a champ. I replaced the stock fan, though, since it sounded like a jet engine.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@cypherdoc I've bought a lot of antminers. Well built, stable and promptly delivered. Basically a level of service which is unheard of in Bitcoin ASICs. They had one preorder machine (Scrypt ASIC), but I think they cancelled it and paid back the preorders.
i read something about an S9. does that mean they've sold to customers 9 iterations of the Antminer, all with reasonable customer satisfaction?