Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

Aquent

Aug 19, 2015
Lol, gmax just admitted he supports censorship: "Theymos apologized to me and said that he was probably mistaken [about the censorship] and should have listened, and I responded that no-- I see what /r/btc is, and he was not mistaken."

Oh, and HaoBTC getting vocal again
With the whitepaper show indicating they will use bitcoin.org and r/bitcoin to suggest some 1mb4eva coin is bitcoin, though, not sure miners can pull anything off, but, almost all exchanges and businesses would support a scalable bitcoin, so, popcorn shortage will be a real problem if it came to almost all businesses using proper bitcoin while r/bitcoin and bitcoin.org speak of some altcoin as if bitcoin.

cliff

Dec 15, 2015
My thinking project for today: Cobra appears to carry a Craig-level chip on his shoulder about things, he's not at all good with feedback or questions is he?

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Nullc is clearly trying to redefine history with himself at the center of Bitcoin development. Don't let him do it.
[doublepost=1467565414,1467564677][/doublepost]The$76M invested in Blockstream is effectively a massive short on the Bitcoin price that bitcoin can't scale onchain . If we could get our hands on gregs and Adams pitch deck to investors, I'm sure it would say things along these lines of " Bitcoin can't scale, cuz nodes decreasing, miners centralizing, fuck Satoshi , 2TPS, Gavin bad, Mike worse, script too restrictive, settlement layer, needs fee market, LN , SC's, etc.

Unblock the stream and we could unleash the greatest short squeeze in Bitcoin history.

Last edited:

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015

albin

Nov 8, 2015
Let me relate a brief anecdote that permanently emotionally-colored my perception of Litecoin.

Picture early 2014, the NYDFS hearings. Charlie Lee is giving testimony alongside two ladies unrecognizable to me (I think legacy payments system people).

Like every time Lawsky phrased a question containing the word "Bitcoin", Lee would pedantically correct him "...or Litecoin". It gave me a bout of douchechills that I have yet to overcome to this day.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Wow there sure is a lot of pent up rage being expressed on r/btc today.

Skimming through the comments I did find a fiew newbies looking to make an impact. So I'd say it's not all negative.

I wonder if this slide was a result of the Canadian PR team taking a long weekend or an engineered pit trap so the Canadian PR team could take a long weekend.

All in all I think the stream blockers are going to have to do some PR to keep their name from becoming mud.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Funny how this always pops up. Are timelocked transactions with supposedly deleted private keys the new startup stock options?

I think that comes close to my definition of a "dumb contract".

---

Has anyone written "nLockTime transactions considered harmful" yet?

I'm not suggesting that they're useless, but perhaps the point needs to be driven home that preserving them is usually a weak argument for blocking scaling and other beneficial HF changes, so a norm of 12-month expected lifetime or such like Vitalik and others suggest would be useful.

I agree with this poster:
"Bitcoins you own are only those that are a) on the blockchain and b) you have private keys for them"

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Last edited:
Reactions: lunar and majamalu