Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
@VeritasSapere : the relationship between England (Westminster) and Scotland bears uncanncy resemblence to the "extreme consensus" approach of Core to the other Bitcoin constituencies like Classic (incl. never-materializing promises to sling others along).
Given that the Scottish were persuaded just recently to vote to remain in the UK based on the premise of the UK not exiting the EU, I would be extremely surprised if they went along with the EU exit.

VeritasSapere

Nov 16, 2015
Last edited:

cliff

Dec 15, 2015
I did not expect mircea popescu to have this position on segwit (today's log - http://btcbase.org/log/):

thestringpuller: cause there is no way TRB will ever enforce segwit, so there is no way it can ever truly verify a segwit output was spent "legitimately"
mircea_popescu: thestringpuller the derp in question can just spend again normally and his coins will be visible.
mircea_popescu: trb has no notion of "coin history". nor should it. because taint is not a thing.
thestringpuller: gotcha. just never have anyone spend to your from a fake address.
mircea_popescu: moreover, there ISNT, in general, and for very good reasons, a way to verify segwit crapolade.
mircea_popescu: which is what it aims to be, a sort of "let's dao bitcoin"
thestringpuller: TMSR rule of thumb: "Never accept non standard transactions" ?
mircea_popescu: pretty much.
thestringpuller: gotcha. thanks for clarity. mod6 ^^^ nvm question has been answered.
mircea_popescu: but this said, yes it is deeply irresponsible for anyone to use prb clients. this doesn't just mean 13, or 12, or 10. ANY of them.
mircea_popescu: they keep adding shit, but it's been shitsoup for years now.
mod6: thestringpuller: np.
mod6: if we needed to add code everytime these gnomes comeup with a new crapolade, that's all we'd ever be doing.
thestringpuller: i just don't want them to add something in a "fork" that allows TMSR to get scammed.
thestringpuller: but I think at that point BTC is dead
mircea_popescu: and in other lulz, ro chicks trying hard : http://fabulousmuses.net/2016/06/marina-yachting-summer-trends.html
mircea_popescu: mod6 the main concern is that their bullshit will "accidentally" start fabricating coins.
mircea_popescu: nevertheless, we're not making the mistake of introducing coin taint, under any name.
BingoBoingo: thestringpuller: From what I understand Segwit to a normal 1xxx adress requires a signature in the blockchain so when segwit stops being miner enforced the recieved transaction would still be, even though it came from freemoneyshitsoup.
thestringpuller: BingoBoingo: AHA!
mircea_popescu: yeah, except the next stop is for shitsoup to put out more coins than it got in.
thestringpuller: elaborate?
mircea_popescu: you been watching the dao thing ?
mod6: <+mircea_popescu> nevertheless, we're not making the mistake of introducing coin taint, under any name. << totally agree.
mircea_popescu: segwit is EXACTLY "dao for bitcoin".

cliff

Dec 15, 2015
@cypherdoc
Not totally sure. Could be The Real Bitcoin [foundation]. Apparently, these guys write tons of code for BTC under the handle the real bitcoin foundation, which might also explain why LukeJr has to go ask MP for permission and so forth on dev matters. MP is clearly extremely smart and strategic. Several core devs hangout in the IRC #trilema channel, including midnight magic, who recently attempted to berate Peter R. in the bitcoin wizards channel. MP may be a tail that wags the dog. It would explain a lot.

EDIT:
TMSR
http://cascadianhacker.com/blog/2016/02/07_v-tronics-101-a-gentle-introduction-to-the-most-serene-republic-of-bitcoins-cryptographically-backed-version-control-system.html
http://trilema.com/2016/btmsr-block-cipher-competition/

TRB
http://thebitcoin.foundation/
http://wiki.bitcoin-assets.com/the_real_bitcoin

Last edited:

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
@cliff
I have an endless debate with midnight magic on reddit in a thread so deep and long, nobody else are reading it.

The content of the "debate" is irrelevant to me. I see him as a paid shill, and the more time I can suck out of his day, the less he can do other stuff. I encourage him to respond as quick as he can, because the higher debate frequency, the more time of his day I'm stealing :D

cliff

Dec 15, 2015
@Norway - you're not stealing if he's getting paid annoy you. hidden opponents are hard to engage, and they definitely won't compromise or be reasonable (esp if the agenda is anarchy). big block proponents may have been fighting the equivalent of "dark money" this whole time.

Last edited:

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
> the_real_bitcoin.txt · Last modified: 2016/02/27 18:23 by danielpbarron

That the same Daniel P. Barron who declared on Twitter that he was going to fund a DDOS of Classic (or was it XT)?
I followed their chat logs a little while between MP and botneko-chan (the self-declared main DDOSer of Classic). My impression is that this is a hangout for scammers and perhaps assorted other criminals, and that if I gave a single fuck about their opinions I would feel besmirched.
It does surprise me that Luke-jr asks their opinion on anything, but I factored that in to my esteem of him.
My opinion is that the rumor that MidMagic might be a Theymos alt is probably accurate, so it wouldn't be surprising that he hangs out there too.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
@Norway But you understand that that is a two way street, right? ;)

I always wondered, if Bitcoin is just a very caerfully planted PsyOps to dramatically reduce productivity to keep employment levels up despite automation. :p
Nice, after being exposed to Ayn Rand's Galt's Gorge I realized the super productive who see they are being exploited buy bitcoin and vanish. LOL they stop being productive in the historical scene and start chatting on reddit... and here.

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
this is my new favorite meme from El-Erian. "i think ppl underestimated the extent to which the majority of ppl out there have decoupled from expert opinion and have decoupled from the political and business elites. and it's not gonna stop and is happening on both sides of the Atlantic."

i find it interesting how the majority of Bitcoiner's, in my estimation, have decoupled from kore dev.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000528835
Interesting, so I have not been the only one seeing the parallels between Borgstream/Corium and the undemocratic 'experts' (without a clue, one might add..) in the context of the EU/USA.

I feel a bit uneasy that it is seemingly again only a single person who can and is willing stop Borgstream Corium from melting through Bitcoin by blocking SegWit w/o accompanying HF. (And I hope he has further tests for SegWit in mind)

I hope Jihan cares enough about his personal safety and security.

cliff

Dec 15, 2015
Anyone here have experience working w/ a numismatist? Any particular credentials or problems I should be looking for?

Reactions: Norway