Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
wow, talk about dislocation. this is a big one:

gold up almost $100!:

Reactions: Norway

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
amazing an exit had to come out of the UK vs Greece.
[doublepost=1466743408][/doublepost]so typical of fiat mkts. you get so much bullshit built up, that suddenly you get this:

[doublepost=1466743608][/doublepost]lol. intervention at it's best:

S&P Futures Halted Limit Down As VIX Spikes Above 26

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Dow futures lifeless at -726
[doublepost=1466744983][/doublepost]tonite's violent action is what i hope will happen one day soon when miners decide to boot out kore dev with an unleashing of the blocksize.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Sound familiar?:

Seven Lessons From the U.K.'s Departure

The "leave" decision is about much more than a narrow majority of citizens refusing to follow their political leaders. It should be seen as a notable rejection of the political and business elites, as well as “expert opinion.”
http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-24/seven-lessons-from-the-u-k-s-departure
[doublepost=1466773723][/doublepost]Bitcoin anyone?:

British Money-Changer Imposes Capital Controls, Suspends Online FX Transactions
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-24/british-money-changer-imposes-capital-controls-suspends-online-fx-transactions

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
note how Gary Shilling, long term UST bull, is predicting the exact same asset dynamic that unfolded in 2008; long UST & USD, short everything else. hmm, yes he could be right, but my thesis for a couple of years now is that "something" is going to be different in this crisis; like long UST, short everything else. note i've been right since December. the dollar HAS been dropping but the obvious question is will it reverse here? i'm skeptical b/c what is the Fed going to do (as it's already signalling)? why, suspend interest rate raises as it had promised. also, i think it will have to print if the economy goes into the tank. aaand, wait for it, something called Bitcoin:

[doublepost=1466775313][/doublepost]you never had a chance:

[doublepost=1466775475][/doublepost]now we're talkin:

[doublepost=1466776039,1466775130][/doublepost]i'm holding my DZZ. i don't trust this gold ramp.

VeritasSapere

Nov 16, 2015
I am very happy with this new development, I have always been opposed to these type of political super structures like the EU and UN, democracy functions best at a smaller scale. I support trade and military unions but these type of political unions weaken democratic principles.

It is also nice to see that cryptocurrency remains a safe haven for when these structures do collapse. Which I have been predicting for longer then I have known about cryptocurrency, at least now I can place my bets and profit off this foresight, while also knowing that my wealth is secure. I do hope that the masses will start adopting cryptocurrency more, that way the masses will not have to suffer as much and they would benefit more from the upcoming wealth redistribution brought about by the cryptocurrency revolution.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
note the financial elite's expectations. maybe it won't work this time? gotta be good for Bitcoin either way:

Relatively resilient markets so far probably reflect a combination of confidence that central banks will do whatever is necessary to maintain order, as well as some opportunistic buying in response to opportunities created by the falling asset prices. Notably cool heads seem to be in control for now in London and Brussels. Fortunately authorities do not seem overly fussed with moral hazard at a time when the preoccupation needs to be maintaining liquidity and orderly markets. Critically, the market has expressed confidence that the Federal Reserve understands the gravity of the situation by taking the probability of a Fed hike by the end of the year down to the 10 percent range.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/06/24/whats-crucial-to-know-the-morning-after-brexit/?postshare=2461466773584454&tid=ss_tw

[doublepost=1466776505][/doublepost]
I am very happy with this new development, I have always been opposed to these type of political super structures like the EU and UN, democracy functions best at a smaller scale. I support trade and military unions but these type of political unions weaken democratic principles.

It is also nice to see that cryptocurrency remains a safe haven for when these structures do collapse. Which I have been predicting for longer then I have known about cryptocurrency, at least now I can place my bets and profit off this foresight, while also knowing that my wealth is secure. :)
if you want my advice, which you probably don't, buy Bitcoin not ether.
[doublepost=1466776709][/doublepost]lol, this is good, this is good:

[doublepost=1466777109,1466776398][/doublepost]remember, this all got started last year at the top of the stock mkt in the Spring 2015 which i abundantly pointed out. which then accelerated into August with the Dow Theory Primary Bear Trend Change. which is still in force, btw. the last several months has caused a non confirmation going back up the other way, but the primary bear trend is still intact and in force until proven otherwise. which is why i've held my DXD Dow double short. and we yet again see a divergence in my comparison chart btwn the $DJI and $DJT signalling bad things to come. as Larry Summers said in the article linked above, odds on of a recession just spiked higher (~30% in his opinion) going into the Fall. which happens to include the Sept/Oct timeframe when stock crashes manifest themselves in full force.

bottom line: look the hell out.

VeritasSapere

Nov 16, 2015
@cypherdoc Not buying anything at this point, I am sitting good on my holdings, as you know I have a very diverse portfolio, with over forty different cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is still by far my biggest single holding and I plan to keep it that way.

Right now in order it is BTC, ETH, DASH, XMR, BTS, XEM, FCT, SJCX, SC, SDC, BTCD and MAID. In that order, these are some of my top holdings, I figured there would be some cryptocurrency investors here that would appreciate this information. :)

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
lol, i'm sure they do stand ready and abundantly willing:

The Federal Reserve is carefully monitoring developments in global financial markets, in cooperation with other central banks, following the results of the U.K. referendum on membership in the European Union. The Federal Reserve is prepared to provide dollar liquidity through its existing swap lines with central banks, as necessary, to address pressures in global funding markets, which could have adverse implications for the U.S. economy.

http://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2016/06/federal-reserve-on-brexit.html

Norway

Sep 29, 2015
Fuck, can't watch the conference. Because i need Java, and Java is not supported on Cromebox (my comuter). It's 2016, and I still can't watch a live streaming on my mainstream computer. Jeez...

Reactions: steffen and AdrianX

Dusty

Mar 14, 2016
Here are the (english) slides of a very interesting presentation kept a few days ago in Rome at Bank of Italy (the Italian branch of the BCE).
For the first time at this level, it is noted how a blockchain needs a digital token to be secured, and this is why Bitcoin is Digital Gold:

https://speakerdeck.com/nando1970/about-bitcoin-and-blockchain-1

Understanding of blockchain technology lags well behind the hype. Notably, the need of a native digital asset such as bitcoin is neglected, the brilliance of distributed consensus is obfuscated, and fuzzy distributed ledgers are advocated instead.

In this presentation the following conclusions are offered:
* Blockchain needs a native digital asset such as bitcoin;
* Unrealistic expectations arise from distributed ledger hype;
* Decentralized transactional networks are permissionless;
* We are at a turning point in the history of money;
* Regulation can hinder the Financial Service Industry in the innovation race;
* A level playing field for incumbents and fintechs is needed;
* Customer/saver protection should be high priority;
* The understanding of real innovation is critical for banks;
* Cash digitization is a great opportunity for retail banks.