Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Well-Known Member
Aug 26, 2015
5,257
12,994
this is my new favorite meme from El-Erian. "i think ppl underestimated the extent to which the majority of ppl out there have decoupled from expert opinion and have decoupled from the political and business elites. and it's not gonna stop and is happening on both sides of the Atlantic."

i find it interesting how the majority of Bitcoiner's, in my estimation, have decoupled from kore dev.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000528835
 

cliff

Active Member
Dec 15, 2015
345
854
Switzerland’s central bank said on Friday that it intervened in the currency markets to deliberately weaken the Swiss franc in the aftermath of the British referendum result.

“Following the United Kingdom’s vote to leave the European Union, the Swiss franc came under upward pressure. The Swiss National Bank has intervened in the foreign exchange market to stabilize the situation and will remain active in that market.”

— Swiss National Bank statement
--------------------------------------------------
Press Release
Release Date: June 24, 2016

For immediate release
The Federal Reserve is carefully monitoring developments in global financial markets, in cooperation with other central banks, following the results of the U.K. referendum on membership in the European Union. The Federal Reserve is prepared to provide dollar liquidity through its existing swap lines with central banks, as necessary, to address pressures in global funding markets, which could have adverse implications for the U.S. economy.
-------------------------------------------------

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/brexit-nigel-farage-says-pledge-of-350-million-a-week-for-nhs-was-a-mistake-a3279831.html

--------------------------------------------------
Funtimes. TBH, the thought has crossed my mind that foreign operatives have been manipulating campaigns in the UK and US for the last few months in order to cause chaos in those countries (this is the most bizarre election cycle ever - never thought I'd see a Trump v. Clinton race, it makes no sense). Europe is prime for Putin to take the east and and ISIS to take the south. Maybe that's just me being pessimistic though.
 
Last edited:

VeritasSapere

Active Member
Nov 16, 2015
511
1,266
This is what a contentious democratic decision looks like:



To think such decisions should only be decided through consensus in the literal meaning of the word or more then 95% is very misguided. Since it will always favor the status quo and guarantee stagnation, which through the history of politics has proven itself to be a terrible idea.

We want to have the ability to rebel and dissent, at least if this was Bitcoin the population could split and that way each side could still live under the rules they want, that is the freedom that this technology has allowed us to have beyond state democracies, solving the age old problem of tyranny of the majority.
 
Last edited:

cypherdoc

Well-Known Member
Aug 26, 2015
5,257
12,994
  • Like
Reactions: Norway

cypherdoc

Well-Known Member
Aug 26, 2015
5,257
12,994
This is what a contentious democratic decision looks like:



To think such decisions should only be decided through consensus in the literal meaning of the word or more then 95% is very misguided. Since it will always favor the status quo, which through the history of politics has proven itself to be a terrible idea.

We want to have the ability to rebel and dissent, at least if this was Bitcoin the population could split and that way each side could still live under the rules they want, that is the freedom that this technology has allowed us to have beyond state democracies, solving the age old problem of tyranny of the majority.
and let us be even more clear by stating that in Bitcoin, once a 51% majority forks, the other 49% will inevitably come along in reunification as the desire to maintain a persistent network effect in sound money is overwhelming.
 

Norway

Well-Known Member
Sep 29, 2015
2,424
6,410
I was calling several bosses of brokerage houses in Norway yesterday to offer them consultant services on how to handle bitcoin in a safe way if they choose to invest. Most of them were nice and a few wanted to meet me.

But one guy was a total arrogant ignorant dick and said they were a serious brokerage house and they didn't take bitcoin seriously.

I knew I wouldn't get anywhere with this company, but before we hung up, I told him that many people view bitcoin as a hedge against a potential financial crisis.

"We don't think there will be any financial crisis" he said, and hung up.

Sooo.... when I logged on this morning and saw the headlines on all the financial newspapers, I was laughing my ass off! :ROFLMAO:
 

cypherdoc

Well-Known Member
Aug 26, 2015
5,257
12,994
Nordstrom's clearly supports my contention that today is simply a culmination of problems that started last year March 2015 at the top of in the Nordstrom's chart:

 
  • Like
Reactions: Norway

VeritasSapere

Active Member
Nov 16, 2015
511
1,266
and let us be even more clear by stating that in Bitcoin, once a 51% majority forks, the other 49% will inevitably come along in reunification as the desire to maintain a persistent network effect in sound money is overwhelming.
That is indeed the most likely scenario, especially over such an issue as the blocksize limit. Though if the other side believed strongly enough in a particular issue then they can still choose to stay behind, regardless of how small of a minority they are. I think this is beautiful, and the most graceful political solution, truly a paradigm shift in political thinking, unprecedented in history.

In this case independence does equal freedom.
 
Last edited:

sickpig

Active Member
Aug 28, 2015
926
2,541
Fuck, can't watch the conference. Because i need Java, and Java is not supported on Cromebox (my comuter). It's 2016, and I still can't watch a live streaming on my mainstream computer. Jeez...
if you have an android base phone you could install Cisco webex app from google play. I'm not sure but such app should be available also for the iPhone.


edit: just tried it works
 
Last edited:

Norway

Well-Known Member
Sep 29, 2015
2,424
6,410
if you have an android base phone you could install Cisco webex app from google play. I'm not sure but such app should be available also for the iPhone.


edit: just tried it works
I know. But I'm not going to look at video my phone for hours. I guess I'm too old for that. I'll wait and watch it on a big screen with HI FI when it's on youtube ;)
 
  • Like
Reactions: steffen and sickpig

cypherdoc

Well-Known Member
Aug 26, 2015
5,257
12,994
I was calling several bosses of brokerage houses in Norway yesterday to offer them consultant services on how to handle bitcoin in a safe way if they choose to invest. Most of them were nice and a few wanted to meet me.

But one guy was a total arrogant ignorant dick and said they were a serious brokerage house and they didn't take bitcoin seriously.

I knew I wouldn't get anywhere with this company, but before we hung up, I told him that many people view bitcoin as a hedge against a potential financial crisis.

"We don't think there will be any financial crisis" he said, and hung up.

Sooo.... when I logged on this morning and saw the headlines on all the financial newspapers, I was laughing my ass off! :ROFLMAO:
call him back ;)
 

VeritasSapere

Active Member
Nov 16, 2015
511
1,266


I found this to be a very revealing image, maybe this will help Scotland realize that their will would have been better represented if Scotland was independent. Democracy really does function better at a smaller scale.

EDIT. Changed "England" to "Scotland", thanks for pointing that out.
 
Last edited: