Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015

Dusty

Mar 14, 2016
@Norway
I have been investigating the role of telomeres and telomerase activators for a few months now, and am convinced enough to have started taking TA-65 every day. Best product available off-the shelf although it only achieves 5% of what is needed to fully stall the aging process. Still early days so no useful feedback to give yet.

This is a good read:
http://www.amazon.com/Telomerase-Revolution-Enzyme-Aging-Healthier/dp/194163169X

A quick summary of the relationship between TA-65 and Astragalus:
Astragaloside IV was the fourth saponin found in the herb astragalus. Astragaloside IV is made up primarily of another molecule called cycloastragenol. Cycloastraganol makes up about 80-90% of Astragaloside IV. TA-65, which is promoted as a telomerase activator is cycloastragenol.
While heavily off topic I really appreciate this kind of info, being myself very interested in nutrition science in order to have a healthier life and old age.
Which supplement do you suggest, and from which brand?

Inca

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
Exercise, eat healthily, avoid stress, don't smoke and drink alcohol in moderation.

Life extension is fascinating. But taking pills and potions to try and achieve this is quackery, divorced from any evidence base demonstrating gains over simply enjoying life. :)

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
[doublepost=1464544227][/doublepost]so many ppl are terrified we're near the top. but just zoom out and look where we are. Bitstamp:

[doublepost=1464544309][/doublepost]and from that graph, you can see why i chose $200 as the base for the next 10x ramp. we DID have a long consolidation base down there already.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
like 9 mo's worth of consolidation.
[doublepost=1464544427][/doublepost]
Could be forming a giant cup, with the handle being 2017 epic climb into the multi thousand dollar prices.
what's goes down must come UP.
[doublepost=1464545173,1464544356][/doublepost]the lowest priced Western exchange, Bitstamp, forming a bullish hammer for today's session. as the laggard, they need to catch UP:

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
If I recall, during the early-2013 bull run after the halving, we were getting about two-week doubling times (see the nice straight slope in the chart below between January and April 2013).

How do the past few days compare so far? It looks pretty close to that to my eyeballs on the linear charts, maybe a little faster. Too little data on this chart to tell, plus have to use Stamp since I think the other exchanges don't go back that far, but here is a long-term log chart.

Last edited:
Reactions: majamalu

Melbustus

Aug 28, 2015
Could be forming a giant cup, with the handle being 2017 epic climb into the multi thousand dollar prices.

It's been inevitable for years that Bitcoin gets drastically repriced (I think I asserted in that 2012 thread that the price should be unstable anywhere between $1 and $1000).

I just wish blocksize - or more accurately, an authoritarian dev team bent on centrally engineering Bitcoin's economic details - were properly resolved first. With a dramatic repricing in the context of the current dev situation, I find it unlikely there'll be motivation for substantial change, especially as layer2 solutions roll out and do work well enough. The great tragedy, as usual, will be *what could have been* had things just been left up to the free market.

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
I actually suspect a move to near $10K would tear Blockstream apart. Things are going to be very different all through the ecosystem when we get there. It will be the big leagues, changes we'd have to really strain our imaginations to anticipate or at all come to grips with now.

Some existing holders may see it atas validation of Core, but with that kind of price growth most (~90%) of the holders are going to be new. What will they think of Core/BS's games? The market for fork arbitrage might even look obvious after we're up in those high quadruple digits.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@Melbustus

try this on as a possible long term strategy for us:

push for a SWHF with a+b<=4MB. this gives us our new block limit of 4MB, which should take us out maybe a coupla years for unfettered growth. we get our HF, allowing SW to be properly deployed with less technical debt and also cleaning up some long desired "bugs" like the integer flip in the protocol stack. we also eliminate the 75% discount putting both regular and SW tx's on a level playing field so as not to unfairly advantage LN p2sh multisigs. we get the malleability fix. we get the potential for Schnoor sig update. we get to prune old one time use sigs from the blockchain for a 60% storage increase efficiency. to mention a few things.

to get this pushed thru, we need to continue to educate the miners like @Jihan that they have the power to push this type of strategy through. it's both camp's strategies combined into one. why wouldn't miners want this flexibility? that's essentially what they're asking for by the agreement with the dipshits in HK. my way hardcodes both options into the code and gives users and miners the freedom of choice to use whichever types of tx's they feel is in their best interest. yes, if we're right, most will probably choose onchain regular tx's.

in the meantime, Blockstream offchain products starve. we continue to hammer gmax, Lukey, and the small blockists for their hypocritical, handwavy, financially conflicted self interests and ignorant economic ideologies. Blockstream blows thru their $76M funding. and they go bankrupt. kore dev loses their credibility and new leaders take the helm as maintainers.

what's not to like?;)
[doublepost=1464547380][/doublepost]Bitstamp starting to push higher. it's "Ketchup" time:

[doublepost=1464547570][/doublepost]OKCoin just cleared $600
[doublepost=1464547651][/doublepost]here we Go again!
[doublepost=1464548010,1464547064][/doublepost]oh_my_gaud:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
all 3 Chinese exchanges over $600
[doublepost=1464548815][/doublepost]hey, what happened to all of these?:

Reactions: bitsko

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
all 3 Chinese exchanges about to break 4000 yuan
[doublepost=1464549009][/doublepost]"Coin on Fire!!!"

Reactions: bitsko

Members online