Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
i'm liking this chart alot. time for a collapse:

[doublepost=1457983300,1457982653][/doublepost]suddenly added around 20 more votes for the poll above; all for the 2MB HF.

Aquent

Aug 19, 2015
What the fuck:

"
you've been banned from /r/btc

subreddit message via /r/btc[M] sent 7 minutes ago

you have been banned from posting to /r/btc.

you can contact the moderators regarding your ban by replying to this message. warning: using other accounts to circumvent a subreddit ban is considered a violation of reddit's site rules and can result in being banned from reddit entirely.

"

It doesn't even give a reason, but I think it is probably because I made a post saying ethereum just had a successful hardfork, disproving the bullshit of blockstream core. I thought that would sort of place some huge pressure on blockstream and miners and whatever and cut through all the bullshit and FUD and hardforks and show they perfectly safe as real life tested with ethereum having 7k nodes same as btc and pow miners same as btc and based on a blockschain. But instead I get a ban, with no warning or anything, just straight out ban?

LOL. What the fuck.

Erdogan

Aug 30, 2015
Nice, but the metcalfe number will have a unit of numtx*numtx/(day*day*quatitybtc), and the current number should be about 180000×180000÷15316400 which is 2115. so there is some trickery with the graph.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
What the fuck:

"

you can contact the moderators regarding your ban by replying to this message. warning: using other accounts to circumvent a subreddit ban is considered a violation of reddit's site rules and can result in being banned from reddit entirely.

"

It doesn't even give a reason, but I think it is probably because I made a post saying ethereum just had a successful hardfork, disproving the bullshit of blockstream core. I thought that would sort of place some huge pressure on blockstream and miners and whatever and cut through all the bullshit and FUD and hardforks and show they perfectly safe as real life tested with ethereum having 7k nodes same as btc and pow miners same as btc and based on a blockschain. But instead I get a ban, with no warning or anything, just straight out ban?

LOL. What the fuck.
Unbelievable idiots.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
What the fuck:

"

"

LOL. What the fuck.
who's doing the banning over there? /u/Soupernerd? what's wrong with those guys?

Reactions: majamalu and bitsko

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
@Fatman3002, I'm perfectly capable to differentiate between the reason he got banned and "the excuses they used" as you claim. I'll vouch for the moderator who temp. banned adamstgbit. This person asked other staff members for their opinion and all of them agreed with the reasons posted above.

Yes, the WO thread is a shithole. A huge fucking shithole and I would love to clean it up, but I can't. Pretty sure I could remove 70% of it without losing any good content, probably more.

I'm sure people won't believe me, but I have no reason to lie. As long as I can use Bitcoin, I'm happy.

@Bloomie, I feel you. Off-topic and double posts are horrible.

I do agree that the rules on Bitcointalk need a clean up and be enforced properly. With properly I mean that they are sometimes open to interpretation by the staff, which isn't a good thing IMO.

-------------------------------

Edit: I like that people on here at least decently respond to me. My post on /r/btc/ got downvoted like hell, so I've decided to remove it. It seems people over there are not capable of reasoning, logic and don't want anyone defending the forum.
@Mitchełł following the rules doesn't absolve one of ones moral judgment.

Yes well done you've followed the rules.

The reasons you're being down voted is not because you follow rules but because those rules you're implementing don't reflect the voters values.

Last edited:

Inca

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
I haven't seen @Chronos post in this thread. But i just wanted to shout out to him and @theZerg to say great work with extreme thin blocks and excellent presentation.

The Core shills are doing their best to talk it down on /r/bitcoin. Of course bandwidth optimisations are a bad thing because weak blocks and IBLT are potentially better - only one problem - they don't bloody exist. Plonkers.

rocks

Sep 24, 2015
What the fuck:

"

"

LOL. What the fuck.
My Satoshi's Bitcoin announcement on /r/btc was immediately deleted. Then my post asking why was immediately deleted as well.

It will be fun to watch them try to suppress the project where there are 1000 nodes running on the main chain network with the client version tagged as "SatoshisBitcoinFullFork_Actual_At402555" (or whatever block is picked).

Bitcoin is censorship resistant, screw all these petty little tyrants on BCT and reddit trying to enjoy their 15 minutes of power.

molecular

Aug 31, 2015
suddenly added around 20 more votes for the poll above; all for the 2MB HF.
not surprising. This forum is selectively attracting people. Actually they are selectively being drive away from where they come from.

On the one hand I'm happy to see more people come here, on the other it tells me the macchiavellian strategy of division is working. We're being compartmentalized and polarized as a community... not a good thing.

molecular

Aug 31, 2015
The more I think about it the less I understand how SegWit is even discussed at this point.

• It doesn't increase the transaction output (per used bandwidth), which is the current issue.
  • It is not necessary, after some discussion and reads I don't think there is a reason to implement it in the next years, never would be ok as well, while a Blocksize raise must happen any way.
  • It fools the older nodes to think they are still full nodes while the actually do not add value to the network. The older nodes act as if your funds could be spent by anyone, I can't comprehend how people think that this is an "elegant solution" or a "harmless soft fork".
  • It misuses the Bitcoin language which smells like bad design to me.
  • If 2 MB would be too much (Haha) there could be a hardfork to go back to 1 MB again. I don't know how that could be done after SegWit activated without removing functionality of bitcoin.
Even more than the 2 MB fork it is necessary to prevent a SegWit softfork. It will mess your money up and it isn't reversible.

//edit formatting
I'm always looking for arguments against segwit. That thing smelled extremely fishy to me since the beginning. I just don't like it. It's such a weird cumbersome package. Doesn't solve the issue and adds complexity, huge workload and also risks... not even talking about the unkown unkowns. Maybe you can clarify some points you made...
  • What exactly do you mean by "misuse of bitcoin language"?
  • What do you mean by "it will mess your money up"? Was that just a summary of the preceding points?

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@Aquent

i glanced at your reddit post and see that it was indeed /u/Soupernerd. is he the main/only culprit for the banning on r/BTC? such a strange situation that Roger lets go unbridled. i truly don't get it.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015

rocks

Sep 24, 2015
Yeah, I don't know what's going on, this whole space is becoming a bit worse than totalitarian governments. You know I've worked hard on btc, but, the whole space now looks like regressing and worse than even legacy currently, rather than progressing, to be honest.

More details here, including logs https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoin_uncensored/comments/4aetng/banned_from_rbtc/
The space has become worse than modern governments IMHO. Even the EU and US gov still have to contend with the general populace in the form of elections every few years. The whole political game is rigged and the political class controls both sides of the aisle, but they at least have to pretend to listen and care every few years.

Bitcoin today does not even have that. The blockstream team and most miners have collectively told the market to f* off, their attitude is we are in control and there is nothing you can do about it. Just look at BTCC's insane posts.

The saving grace for bitcoin though is it is an open data structure freely accessible. That data structure can not be controlled and it is time to take advantage of that.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
in case you wonder why the price hasn't collapsed, it's b/c there is just too much promise for Bitcoin going forward. this is what bull mkts do, they buck off even the most ardent of bulls. and if you read this, from a VC, you'll understand the mentality behind why this is. from the optimistic:

I put blockchain technology into two categories: (1) the popularity contest Bitcoin needs to win as a store of value (2) everything else. The “everything else” includes other public blockchains, private blockchains, Layer 2 “applications” on public or private blockchains, alternative cryptocurrencies, etc. Category 2 is interesting, and there will likely be a few billion-dollar companies created there. I liken companies in this category to companies such as Docusign or Salesforce.com, i.e., enterprise technology companies that help us do business better. But category 1 is really intriguing because over the next fifty years Bitcoin could develop into the de-facto non-representative non-fiat store of value, even if it’s not the currency we use to transact every day.

Central banks are run by people and thus will always be susceptible to such errors, which is why non-fiat representative stores of value such as gold, have a place. And for this reason I continue to think that non-fiat stores of value that are more convenient to manipulate and transport than gold will have a bigger place in the future. Are the reasoned (albeit heated) discussions we are having about the Bitcoin protocol preferable to inexperienced, incompetent, and often opaque central banking? I think so.

It makes sense to buy Bitcoin during the panics, and I’m expecting a few panics over the next few months as things resolve themselves. But then again, I’m a venture capitalist.

http://techcrunch.com/2016/03/13/the-great-bitcoin-divide/

i still contend we are in a large bullish triangle that should break UP. the tip comes to resolution in mid April; around the time of SW. why would it break UP b/c of SW? well, imo, it will b/c it will be rejected making it clear that Classic will be adopted for all the reasons we've been arguing. the market will realize that Bitcoin layer 1 will be allowed to grow and will represent the actual monetary freedom that Satoshi had originally envisioned. the corruption will have been rooted out and Bitcoin found to be free and working as intended. we'll see.

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
My Satoshi's Bitcoin announcement on /r/btc was immediately deleted. Then my post asking why was immediately deleted as well.
You know I've worked hard on btc, but, the whole space now looks like regressing and worse than even legacy currently, rather than progressing, to be honest.
  • it's all the money. It's getting the better of us all
Come on guys, how can any of this be a surprise. Roger owns a lot of btc. People are already scared shitless of Ethereum, and now you're coming in with your pesky Satoshi coin. They could swallow XT and Unlimited because they thought their wallets were safe, but you are encroaching on big money now. Molecular has it right.