Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@Inca

what probation?

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
I take it this is where the party is at on this forum.
i was banned from bitcointalk, i guess they didnt like my work in this thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1393827.0

in a way it's a blessing, I had been spending to much time having fun @ bitcointalk...
@adamstgbit such a dissident radicalist. So sorry to hear this. hang in there it's more likely bitcoin change than you became a problem. Keep up your fun outlook your humor is regularly enjoyed.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015

Reactions: majamalu

Peter R

Aug 28, 2015
It made my day to see the famous @adamstgbit here at bitco.in. I remember lurking quietly on the epic Wall Observer thread for months before I decided I knew enough to start contributing. To hear that you've been banned from Bitcointalk is really quite incredible to me. You and Cypherdoc were literally the glue that kept bicointalk alive, and now they've kicked you both out!

Mitchełł

Sep 28, 2015
I take it this is where the party is at on this forum.
i was banned from bitcointalk, i guess they didnt like my work in this thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1393827.0

in a way it's a blessing, I had been spending to much time having fun @ bitcointalk...
You weren't banned because of your "work". You were temporally banned for the breaking the rules (which was done by one of the global moderators, not theymos as stated on /r/btc/).

The reasons why you were banned are:
- You made a lot of off topic posts in the wall observer topic (not allowed)
- You made a bunch of consecutive posts (not allowed)

You also have a paid signature which does not help you at all when it comes to making consecutive posts.

Edit: The reason I'm posting here is because I don't like misinformation. I, personally, don't give a shit about the whole blocksize debat. I won't be seen in this thread again and I'll go back to just lurking.

Last edited:

Mitchełł

Sep 28, 2015
You might have to differentiate between the reason he got banned and the excuses they used.

The excuses basically describe the WO thread.
@Fatman3002, I'm perfectly capable to differentiate between the reason he got banned and "the excuses they used" as you claim. I'll vouch for the moderator who temp. banned adamstgbit. This person asked other staff members for their opinion and all of them agreed with the reasons posted above.

Yes, the WO thread is a shithole. A huge fucking shithole and I would love to clean it up, but I can't. Pretty sure I could remove 70% of it without losing any good content, probably more.

I'm sure people won't believe me, but I have no reason to lie. As long as I can use Bitcoin, I'm happy.

@Mitchełł I know, tell me about it! If I could execute them for off-topic posts, I would.

[IMAGE]

[doublepost=1457951160][/doublepost]And don't get me started on that consecutive post crap.
@Bloomie, I feel you. Off-topic and double posts are horrible.

I do agree that the rules on Bitcointalk need a clean up and be enforced properly. With properly I mean that they are sometimes open to interpretation by the staff, which isn't a good thing IMO.

-------------------------------

Edit: I like that people on here at least decently respond to me. My post on /r/btc/ got downvoted like hell, so I've decided to remove it. It seems people over there are not capable of reasoning, logic and don't want anyone defending the forum.

Last edited:

Fatman3002

Sep 5, 2015
@Mitchełł

Hmmm.... I don't think you understand how suppression works.

But if all of their motives were pure as snow then they've probably made a big mistake.

I guess we could talk about Icarus, but I really like this movie:

Last edited:

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
@Mitchell Just ask yourself these questions:

1. After 3+ years why did the mods suddenly choose to start enforcing these rules?
2. If so, why did they not temp ban almost everybody, or more likely, more humanly, simply close the thread with a final message "we've decided to get serious about rules X and Y. This is your last warning"
3. Why have notorious trolls like brg444 not been temp banned?
4. Why do you think that soliciting the favorable opinion of other individuals who are as deeply entrenched in your sub-culture as you are somehow provides justifications to actions?

Mitchełł

Sep 28, 2015
@Fatman3002, I do and like I said, I don't expect people on here to believe me. I'm a Bitcointalk staff member so I must be wrong, right? @theZerg post (and the likes) makes this quite clear.

@theZerg
1. We always have or at least try, but that doesn't mean we see everything and are able to handle everything. Like I stated before, the rules are quite open to interpretation so not everything get's handled the same way. Feel free to report posts that you think are breaking the rules or if you have proof that someone is abusing their "power".
2. We have closed threads that have gone way off-topic or been used to spam before. In fact, I'm sure that if you checkout the Meta section you will find someone bitching about it. However, closing a thread like WO will cause an even bigger shitstorm than temp. banning people who are clearly breaking the rules.
3. Feel free to report the user with proof in the Meta subsection. I wouldn't mind if Gleb was banned for example, but he keeps walking the line. Anyway, I'll look into brg444.
4. I can ask you the same thing. You are bashing me and dismissing my opinion based on the fact that I'm a staff member. You are also assuming that everyone agrees with theymos or what other staff members say and do. That's just plain stupid.

Anyway, I do agree with the temp. ban, but adamstgBit (like anyone else) is allowed to create a new account and post in the Meta section if he doesn't agree with his ban (this account cannot be used for other purposes though). If people agree with him, it's likely that he will be unbanned.

Last edited: