Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
lol, getting sorted by "controversial" again with brg444troll on top:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/47quzx/xtreme_thin_blocks_in_action_getting_rid_of/

switch it to "best" and see the obvious question:

btctroubadour [score hidden] 3 hours ago

When is this coming to Core?
[doublepost=1456533066][/doublepost]you see, these guys just can't be bothered to do things honestly. it's appalling.
[doublepost=1456533549][/doublepost]if gold starts rolling here, which i'm betting on with my own money thru DZZ, it could be time again for...

Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
http://satoshiroundtable.org/ website lists 68 named personalities, plus unnamed reps from 4 companies
(Blockchain, Bain Capital Ventures, Mycelium, Fidelity Investments), and an unspecified number of "others". The meeting limit is 75.

Anyone know who the others are yet?

And have I just been missing news updates on what's been going on there or is it pretty quiet despite some people saying there would likely be more coverage than during the HK meeting?

Reactions: Norway and majamalu

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@AdrianX

So the next time one of those guys doxxes me, I should go directly to a main reddit admin to get the doxer permanently banned instead of just clicking that Report button which sends the complaint to the local r/Bitcoin admin?

Reactions: Norway

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
looking at that chat https://bitco.in/forum/threads/gold-collapsing-bitcoin-up.16/page-378#post-13205 I'd say his identity is no secret and reding the context of the deleted posts you were provoked.

To the best of my observation you did not reveal anything that is not already public knowledge. a While back he brg444 connected his reddit username to his public name and indirectly, so its not like you are reveling public info just confirming the post is coming from a PR firm employee.

@cypherdoc I have no idea, but I do see there is a chummy circle there, every time I've been band it's been after I've responded to, theymos, brg444 of nullc.

dlareg

Feb 19, 2016
@Richy_T Was thinking the exact same thing about Todd's tweet. He probably hit post as he was firing up the botnet.
i don't really agree with that view.

i think the maaku7 incident makes them look pretty bad. i mean, Adam has to switch out sigs causing f2pool to allow Classic voting. and maaku7's comments are actually quite damaging as they reveal him to be hard core anti HF while showing his Freicoin colors.

i don't see it as a positive for them at all.
Good points as well and certainly agree on that. The "see Blockstream is fine" PR aspect more just a gut feeling for me. And it could be spin after the fact, who knows. Seems like a bizarre set of events either way. Sure has been an interesting week! The pressure builds....

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015

Bitcoin is interesting to me as a route for capital flight. I am not opining on the long-term viability of bitcoin - I do think there is something there - but I am long bitcoin specifically to capture capital flight from China.

Simple: do precisely what we said in September, and precisely what Corriente's Mark Hart is saying now: buy bitcoin, because once the Chinese buying frenzy is unleashed, and $25 trillion in deposits scramble to be packed into a product with a $6.5 billion current market cap (but only when the price of a bitcoin is $430; the market cap does rise to $25 trillion if every bitcoin is worth $1.6 million) one thing will happen: the price of bitcoin will soar exponentially.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-02-26/why-hedge-fund-manager-who-made-killing-subprime-buying-bitcoin
[doublepost=1456544312,1456543553][/doublepost]you should be proud of him:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
it's either Mao or Wow. take your pick.

Reactions: Norway and AdrianX

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
@AdrianX
"Incentivise" is an awful term that can not be deprecated soon enough.

Central planning is the root of all evil. The correct model is voluntary commerce: entities that consume resources should pay the entities that provide them.

Do that and throw the tax/subsidize/micro-manage mindeset into the trash heap of history where it belongs.
Commerce has never happened beyond a hyper-collectivist organism. There is no such thing as a voluntary commerce. That's an old austrian fairytale, where an economy is based on barter.
The barter story is science fiction. The story of the economy is the story of Debt. There is no commerce in the rain forest among self-sufficient communities. Either you are self-sufficient, or you are patronized (collectivized) and forced to do commerce (for the purpose of producing surplus to TPTB).

Last edited:
Reactions: Norway

dlareg

Feb 19, 2016
@rocks In addition to that juicy Mow quote you just provided above, here is another one worth considering. In fact we can have ourselves a little hypothetical exercise here and start putting everything together that we already know.

I thought I saw this quote posted before and in fact @cypherdoc posted an article from IBTimes from back in Nov. 2015 containing parts of the quote. Perhaps it was elsewhere, too. I found a fuller version from BitCoinNews I believe:

“BlockPriority was developed to protect our customers from attacks on the network or confirmation delays because blocks are full,” Mow explained. “But the other reason was to emphasize the block-size issue. Although BlockPriority reduces the impact of the block-size debate on BTCC and our users, we still prefer a block-size increase. Ideally, there would be no need for BlockPriority.”
Samson Mow--From December 9, 2015 Online Article

Original quote from Mow provided by rocks via Reddit:
"BTCC is very excited to be working with Blockstream to roll-out this innovative application of sidechain technology. Liquid is both a practical application of sidechains that allows us to provide nearly instantaneous global interexchange transfers for our users, as well as a major technical milestone that showcases the adaptability of Bitcoin." (Samson Mow, COO of BTCC)

Then from the Blockstream Liquid Press Release (October 12, 2015):
"Blockstream, in collaboration with an initial set of launch partners, is excited to announce Liquid, our first production sidechain. Liquid will improve capital efficiency and market liquidity by facilitating rapid and secure transfers between accounts held at any participating exchange or brokerage."

So here we have the following chain of events:
* Mow quoted in the Liquid press release about his love for Blockstream as a Liquid customer/evangelist. [Oct 2015]
* Mow's company releasing "BlockPriority" to deal with confirmation delays due to impending full blocks. [Nov. 2015]
* Mow becoming the Blockstream lapdog and cheerleader in the "Consensus" scaling delay/attempted miner protection racket--a process that ramped up beginning right after the Liquid dealings. [Dec 2015 to Present]
* Blockstream/Maxwell admitting that the fee market is actually good and helps Bitcoin and is the real reason they have resisted scaling this whole time [2016]
* Blockstream's further stalling on the scaling issue with more delays hinging on seg-wit, a complex system with "trickle-up" complexity that isn't even ready yet and REQUIRES consensus vote. [Feb 2016]
* Seg-wit is also a Blockstream, Inc. product according to press releases. [Feb 2016]
* The blocks getting further filled up to the point where users are complaining of TX delays and businesses are avoiding Bitcoin investment (Specific examples searchable/anecdotal/Twitter). [2016]
* Mow himself lead cheerleader of the Roundtable "endless delay" approach to scaling [Feb 2016]
* Quotes from Luke Dash-jr that they had not even done the basic calculations on a block size increase hard fork before going to the roundtable (Reddit). [Feb 2016]

So who wants to bet that "BlockPriority" is "Liquid"? Or if not Liquid, directly enabled by it? How do all of these dealings now appear? Is Blockstream just 100% interested in doing what is best for Bitcoin? Are they interested in making new Bitcoin inventions Blockstream Inventions first and then back porting? Is this what they mean by using side chains as the "test bed" for future hard forks/feature improvements? Who then owns the technology? Is the purpose of the fee market to actually enable products like "BlockPriority" which they sell and will benefit people like Mow? Is the goal to create this fee market with a tiered "fast lane" based on these side chains?

Seems to be an interesting chain of events here, of course stuff we already knew. Certainly more research and analysis can be done! It seems like the more info we get, the more it all fits together.

Last edited: