Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
btw, it's never smart to try and pick a single event or blame a single individual for an entire series of events. maybe i'm just in a bad mood. it's just that brg444 is constantly in the middle of all Core Slack, dev IRC's, BCT, & reddit trolling sessions. whatever.
[doublepost=1456509561][/doublepost]
@cypherdoc Uh, sorry I meant Petrov's tweet :)
brg444 and his trolling is well known to me, but thanks anyways ;) I haven't actively participated so far but I've been following the "debates".
well, that's the thing. i can't translate his tweet b/c his English is so bad. @Melbustus was complaining to me about the same thing.

but it seems he might be in favor of a POW algo change from what he tweets. and, he hasn't responded to my direct questioning of him about this. nor about how BF plans to make up for the lost rewards long term. it's not like he wasn't responding to my litany of other tweets at him yesterday either. look at the logs.
[doublepost=1456510507,1456509394][/doublepost]well, it seems there is disagreement. from Ehrsam, whom i respect:

dlareg

Feb 19, 2016
The Blockstream scaling logic whack-a-mole continues:

Now increasing the max block size does not lead to centralization, obviously, accord to Dr. Hashcash.

Reactions: majamalu

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
I own the 2. most popular post in North Korea, posted by brg444:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/47niwm/informative_post_by_greg_maxwell_on_new/
(I'm shludvigsen)
@Norway @Bagatell
No! they've been deleted or hidden, I read one of the posts last night, (it was one of 2 posts) I had to look up the BS's Digital PR Firm. That post is now not visible to me.

I checked unreddit.com and the deleted posts don't show up there either, looks like 1984 ministry of news hasn't slowed down at all, they’ve just got better at hinging the evidence.

Reactions: Norway and dwaltrip

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
It's almost like nodes are performing an uncompensated service which, if they were capable of charging market rates for it, suddenly the Tragedy of the Commons situation would end and resource consumption would no longer be a problem but a profit opportunity.

But that's crazy talk.
@Justus Ranvier this is evolving into a Tragedy of the Commons, but that doesn't mean nodes are not incentivised to suppose the network, by relaying transactions and store the blockchain history, to avoid a Tragedy of the Commons.

From the outside it looks like Maxwell is engineering Bitcoin for failure to prove his authority so he can fix it.

There are and will be lots of for profit interests who are dependant on the relaying of transactions and the integrity of the blockchain. The cost of hosting and making that information public will likely always be less that the benefits received from universal agreement that the information is valid.

Sometime in 2012 I conceived a few ideas for altcoins that I thought would be better than Bitcoin among them was incorporating the idea of incentivising nodes, after lots of reflection I begun to understand why Satoshi's incentive design was superior. (I don't think it’s by accident nodes are not directly financially incentivised.)

I believe the incentive design as arranged in Core 0.12 will result in a Tragedy of the Commons with regards to relaying transactions and hosting the blockchain, and your proposed solutions will prevent it.

But the simplest solution is not to financially incentivize nodes, but to tax (as in have them pay to host a node) for the benefits one in a position of power receives from a functioning the financial system, thus subsidising a functioning financial system for the benefits of all those who benefit from a functioning financial system.

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@Norway @Bagatell
No! they've been deleted or hidden, I read one of the posts last night, (it was one of 2 posts) I had to look up the BS's Digital PR Firm. That post is now not visible to me.

I checked unreddit.com and the deleted posts don't show up there either, looks like 1984 ministry of news hasn't slowed down at all, they’ve just got better at hinging the evidence.
Guys. The unreddit has been superseded by something much better by giving a whole reddit-like environment with extra info:
Go1dfish built a reddit app that undeletes all moderator-deleted comments. In order to use it, replace the "www.reddit.com/" in any link with "r.go1dfish.me/"

You can see all your comments here
http://r.go1dfish.me/r/Bitcoin/comments/47niwm/informative_post_by_greg_maxwell_on_new/

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
The Blockstream scaling logic whack-a-mole continues:
Now increasing the max block size does not lead to centralization, obviously, accord to Dr. Hashcash.
How could it, the cost is in relaying the transactions not in storing them, ($300 = 6TB for storage) SW is an innovation in reduction the storage costs but it comes with a large expense to the more scarce resource relaying transactions. SW offers an incentive to increase transaction sizes without having to pay for the extra cost to use more of a valuable resources.

These guys are arguing dishonestly my other favorite is you can't change the Bitcoin, an increase in limit that's a change to how Bitcoin works, but then in the same breath argue we can change Bitcoin to integrate SW and move the limit when we ready.

Last edited:

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
thanks @solex that's an amazing link, just checked out this LN critical post and no suprise r/bitcoin is a cesspool of weighted moderation.

> Oh Gavin. You're becoming more annoying as time goes by. (not censored)

but this response is deleted:

> Why don't you explain why you disagree instead of sinking to low ball behavior. This same post is on /r/btc with actual discussion.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Guys. The unreddit has been superseded by something much better by giving a whole reddit-like environment with extra info:
Go1dfish built a reddit app that undeletes all moderator-deleted comments. In order to use it, replace the "www.reddit.com/" in any link with "r.go1dfish.me/"

You can see all your comments here
http://r.go1dfish.me/r/Bitcoin/comments/47niwm/informative_post_by_greg_maxwell_on_new/
Oh heavens, that CosmicHemorrhoid troll attempting to swap Hashfast out for Soluvox. They'll stop at nothing.
[doublepost=1456518226][/doublepost]You guys do realize that SW will allow integration of inflationary platforms directly into the protocol don't you? Lombrozzo and Todd and other core devs have explicitly stated that the wide open unfettered scripting functionality will allow "all sorts of things like Ethereum" as soft forks. SW is essentially a blank check allowing core dev to speak on your behalf as full node operators from now until forever more.

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
[doublepost=1456519871][/doublepost][doublepost=1456520249,1456519314][/doublepost]Long ways to go but promising:

http://nodecounter.com/#bitcoin_classic_blocks
[doublepost=1456520375][/doublepost]
u/mcgravier took the plunge and posted about Xthinblocks on North Korea. See how long it lasts.

edit: nice pic

That's a horrible choice of label "XT size". Easily confused with BitcoinXT.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@AdrianX
Yes XT is a poor choice for the abbreviation and it looks like a moderator deleted that comment thinking it referred to XT implementation.

Reactions: AdrianX

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
@Norway bitcoin has always been crazy, I'm so sorry to hear that.

It's like: hey, your claim if true would imply blockstream is paying digital influencers. Prove it! Oh now you're screwed you've provided evidence, oh well rules say your not allowed prove such info, sorry goodbye.

I don't get the feeling censorship over there is improving, lots of comments not even being made as a huge number are banned from posting.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@Norway
Which admin had the authority to kick you out of all of reddit?

Reactions: bluemoon and Norway

YarkoL

Dec 18, 2015
Tuusula
yarkol.github.io
Thinking about the f2pool DDOS attack, I strongly suspect that the people who hang on #bitcoin-assets are behind it. But there is a twist (or I'm getting sucked into a conspiracy theory). Since MP and his boyz are pushing for algo change to a GPU-friendly one, under what conditions would that come true? Why, if the Chinese miners were to switch to Classic big time. In other words, despite the whole REKT LOL show, they have an interest in seeing Classic flourish.
DDOSsing pools would then serve that purpose as it will estrange Chinese from Core and break the fragile "consensus" (as evidenced by P Todd's Tweeter plea to refrain from attacks), which would make the miners more favourable to Classic. They however can't start messing up the core-China relations too openly, as it would sour their relations with Core devs. But if some pool like f2pool refuses to play ball, then no wonder if they pounce on it.
Note: I'm having severe flu at the moment, so I may be a little delusional, but it is an interesting train of thought.